Phantis Forums

Sampdoria want Olisadebe on loan

brave

Sampdoria want loan deal for Olisadebe

tribalfootball.com - May 4, 2004

Sampdoria are interested in Panathinaikos striker Emmanuel Olisadebe.

The Nigerian-born Polish international is wanted by Samp on-loan for next season, but the player's Italian agent, Antonio Caliendo, is insisting on an outright deal.

Olisadebe almost joined Birmingham City two years ago, only for the deal to breakdown over personal terms.

??????????????

hmm tough choice.

if PAO dont win i can understand maybe he wants something different but otherwise even if they dont i think its stupid to go to a mid lower level italian team.

as for birmingham the other year....

somebody explain why morons go to the small premiership clubs in the first place.

lets see - mediocre league with lots of money or Champions League and competing for titles - wow its so hard i cant decide.

biggest chump of 2004: Helder Postiga. :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh i only left an amazing Porto side that wins titles and wins european cups and now competes for the CL and has a reasonable chance of winning. to be nothing for a middle rate team and never play in europe. great decision.

We have a had a few mugs like that at PAO. How about Ouzounidis leaving to go to Le Havre. Aren't PAO bigger than Le Havre? Of course they are, far far bigger.

But I think the overall attraction is to be playing in a bigger league. Look at Dabizas going to Leicester when he had the chance to go to Oly and play in the Champions League. Ok, Oly are smaller than Leicester FC but still... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next season he'll play in the Nationwide Div1 :lol:

The moment of truth...............

Lets see where his loyalty lies................................

Big mistake if he decides to leave, whens the last time sampdoria played in champions league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least with us, he will play in Champions league and get that international exposure....................

When Ouzounides (great player if you ask me) left, it was a big deal for a greek player to go abroad, even in clubs like Le Havre.

And people, come on, England's div three is better than the greek league.

Hey, it was 5-6 years ago if i'm not wrong when Uzunidis left and at that time Greek football was quite nothing in Europe.

Olisadebe should leave i believe, not because of his preference but he hasn't given enough for the club recently. Yeah, injury affected him but...

Kilmanrock:

Come on now. Have you ever watched English 3rd division? It's not that good. I know as I watch it regularly.

Turk:

Ouzounidis left after the season we reached the semi final of champions league in 96. Donis left as well but at least he went to a much better league and much better club (Blackburn Rovers), who were the champions of EPL the previous season. That was a big thing for a Greek player then. But Ouzounidis to Le Havre!!!? I will never understand that decision.

And by the way, Greek football would still be nothing in Europe without PAO. In fact, we are nothing in Europe, only PAO has given us some respectability in the last few years.

And people, come on, England's div three is better than the greek league.

I love how you know nothing about the sport to say we are that bad. Just because there are no fancy stadiums and multibillion dollar "shine" doesnt say a damn thing about the way the game is played. Its the same game everywhere. Anything can happen on any given day out on the field.

Englands Premiership isnt even that much incredibly better than Greece's. Just because they are very rich and over-publisized doesnt make them amazing. The only world class talent in the league comes from abroad. Scholes is the best englishman - Owen isnt that great and Wayne Rooney is awful. I think the French Ligue is far better in terms of quality - they would tear apart british teams if they had the money and reputation to hold on to there players- most of them can tear up premiership sides without their stars.

yeah in englandThere are the big clubs who are great like Arsenal and Chelsea and Man U occasionaly, but other than that ....... pfft. The smaller English clubs are gargbage in europe. Every year the UEFA cup teams get knocked out by some mid level hungarian team or whatever. The style of play there is also really trashy long ball bull#@$. That proves there league just isnt that amazing. Greece has a very good league- the smaller teams are getting bigger and be challenging to beat - the league is getting better.

drakos:

I agree with that but that stuff about long ball is not true. Come on man, long ball stuff is at least from 10 years ago. If you watch English football, there is more passing even at smaller clubs than there is in Italy.

That long ball nonsense is from the 80s and it's amazing most people keep talking about it when it doesn't exist anymore so much.

i have watched premiership a lot last year- it is a lot of sloppy passes not short ball of what i remember-

but the seria a i have watched a lot now that im in italy and i have to disagree though there are some players who play ridiculous amount of long ball like Rui Costa ...

I love how you know nothing about the sport to say we are that bad. Just because there are no fancy stadiums and multibillion dollar "shine" doesnt say a damn thing about the way the game is played. Its the same game everywhere. Anything can happen on any given day out on the field.

Englands Premiership isnt even that much incredibly better than Greece's. Just because they are very rich and over-publisized doesnt make them amazing. The only world class talent in the league comes from abroad. Scholes is the best englishman - Owen isnt that great and Wayne Rooney is awful. I think the French Ligue is far better in terms of quality - they would tear apart british teams if they had the money and reputation to hold on to there players- most of them can tear up premiership sides without their stars.

yeah in englandThere are the big clubs who are great like Arsenal and Chelsea and Man U occasionaly, but other than that ....... pfft. The smaller English clubs are gargbage in europe. Every year the UEFA cup teams get knocked out by some mid level hungarian team or whatever. The style of play there is also really trashy long ball bull#@$. That proves there league just isnt that amazing. Greece has a very good league- the smaller teams are getting bigger and be challenging to beat - the league is getting better.

My dear drakos, saying the greek league is worse than the english div three, does not necessarily make english football "amazing". It just makes it...better than the greek one. I did not claim that the english are better than french, brazilians or andromedans for that matter. I only claimed they are _much_ better than the greeks.

And all you say is "so what, they're richer, they got beautiful stadiums all over the place, and some great foreign talent", and I could add great audiences, an amazing organization, a good national team, european success, and that kind of nonsense.

Surely, spending the evening at the palace of Korydallos watching Proodeftiki's galacticos playing Akratitos' dream team is much better than watching Aston Villa play Charlton, huh?

Get real, man!

The small sides getting more challenging to beat in Greece? What Greece are you refering to? Cause in my Greece, it is actually the big sides getting worse, not the other way around. Have you seen Aris this year? How about Proodeftiki, Akratitos, Xanthi? Now these sides know a thing or two about long balls. Hell, even soon to be champions PAO play long ball, and OSFP players just run around trying to penetrate defences.

Perhaps I haven't watched enough div three games to pass judgement, but I sure have watched more than enough greek league games and I tell you, the greek league is nowhere near getting better. In fact, you can look in every greek soccer forum and you will find out that everyone is bitching about how this year was the worst ever.

So, please.

PS : Oh, and if the smaller english sides are garbage in Europe, please enlighten me as to what the two biggest clubs in Greece are, cause last time I checked it was ManUtd - PAO 5-0, Juventus-OSFP 7-0.

Man U is not a small english side. Also i checked just to make sure where Torino was: it wasnt in England, it was in Italy

and also there audiences SUCK - the dullest atmosphere out of any country- and they have hooliganism problems too so dont pull that ------ ever seen theyre national team supporters? a bunch of white ethnocentric drunks starting random fights in the streets? lovely.

maybe Charlton vs Aston Villa is better than Proodeftiki - Akratitos BUT the sad thing is if they were to play it would be a farily even game. I would also like to add that Proodeftiki beat Olympiakos this year away. THAT says something. A small bottom team can still pull out those performances - Akratitos also held PAO too. Somebody has to get relegated.....

cause the english teams are sooo good:

Southampton 1-2 Steaua

Man. City 1-1 Groclin (away goals groclin)

may i add Man City has Anelka and McMannaman

also the national team- WAS good. if u saw the recently and WATCHED them play you can tell theyre pretty lousy.

European Success yeah Arsenal and Man U maybe Chelsea. 3 teams. as of recently i dont remember them winning anything at all and with theyre budget and signings thats pretty PATHETIC.

bottom line is theyre not that much better.

I really dont want to enter this arguement between English and Greek soccer, however both of you have said points that I agree with.

More so Chelsea and Man Utd, they should do alot better with there budgets. Arsenal as well. Chelsea are in the semis of Euro but they aint going to be crowned champions of England this season.

But Greek soccer is not doing itself any justice this season in particular. And I have seen PAO play long balls before, especially one particular game at Rizopoulis when every single time Basinas had the ball he would pump it long to Mihali or Lybe (3-0 game).

And the smaller teams are showing signs of improvements - however lets not forget the bigger teams not developing as they should. OSFP and PAO arent exactly great teams and this was evident with the quick departure from Champions League this season. And it absolutely says nothing about our League that our Champion for the past 7 seasons, (kills me to call OSFP champions but not for long hehe) has done and has had no impact in European soccer.

its terrible to blame it on this, but unfortunatly our team had a rebuilding year this seasonand we suffered especially in the beggining of the season which when our euro run took place...im pretty sure by next year we will have a more successful european season as the team is not only growing together but has been playing pretty good football the last weeks

I don't want any part in this argument either. It's a stupid argument and perhaps I was wrong to compare div three with the greek league.

But please, would anyone care to explain to me in what way have the small sides in Greece improved this year?

Even traditional powers like Panionios, Iraklis, OFI, Xanthi, they've played really REALLY lousy ball this year. In fact, apart from PAOK, Aegaleo and Chalkidona, the rest have been crap, PAO and OSFP included. And, with the exception of Kallithea perhaps, Akratitos, Aris (oh my god, watching them is inhuman), Proodeftiki, Ionikos have produced their worst performances in years.

Please, anyone, correct me if I'm wrong. I've had the time this year to watch _a lot_ of matches and I tell you I couldn't have picked a worse year.

Oh, and the quality of a league isn't just the football. It's the fans (need I remind everyone that away fans have been banned this year?), the stadiums, the organization.

For christ's sake there's 10-12 teams that are struggling financialy, just in the div a.

There's an interview of Stathis Tavlarides in sportaction.gr I think. Please take a look at what he has to say about the "rise" of greek football.

Let's see.

few examples...

OSFP 0 PROODEFTIKI 1

AIGALEO 2 PAO 1

ARIS 1 AIGALEO 0

IONIKOS 1 OSFP 1

XALKIDONA 0 PAO 0

PANILIAKOS 1 AEK 0

a good league is competetive - meaning its possible for the lowest guy to show up on a big performance. When you have these "awful teams" getting good results its not only because the other team just had a bad day or season - its because the other teams can play too, making the league not as much of a rollover. Xalkidona just got promoted from the b' ethniki and now theyre gonna play in europe? thats big, and says something. They didnt get so many amazing new transfers or coaches or money - they just played football. That wont fail to impress me, and i beleive that when teams like Xalkidona and Aigaleo can rise up like that it says good for the league.

And by good league i disregard everything outside the pitch-its the same game everywhere. and stadiums say nothing for the quality - look at the MLS, Denmark, Sweden....nice stadiums but are far from the best leagues around.

Drako, can I ask how the heck you manage to divert every discussion away from the main topic? :lol: We go from Olisadebe going on loan to Sampdoria, and you manage to turn this thing into a comparison between the rise of the Greek League in comparison to the state of the English 3rd Division :lol: :lol: :lol: Pos ta katafernis! :lol: :tup:

i know you didnt...i wasnt trying to attack you, but i have seen its turned from discussions to arguments and simetimes a good argument is worthwile, but lately they have been too many and very repetitive...i didnt call you a retard, sorry if u took it tht way...

The Greek league is not like the 3rd division English.

There is a big gap between the haves and have not, but I would think the better Greek teams would make it in the EPL.

A good PAO, like we have seen in the past, could compete for the top spots that would lead to the CL

I think that would be true in most big leagues, but toughest in the "SerieA" and "Primera"

The problem with our league is not the top teams though, but the smaller ones.

There is little fan support for the small clubs and that makes for weak competition.

Other big issues are, refereeing, stadia, violence, fanatic attitudes and MONEY.

We need to fix the above before Greece can claim a great league.

The money will never be like in the larger population countries, due to economy of scale,

but it will come with quality and it will buy more quality, which will bring more popularity and more money.

You get the idea.

Larger stadia is a good step, only if the football is good enough to fill them, in EVERY GAME, not just the derbies!

PEACE

Archived