Phantis Forums

Stelios Giannakopoulos (Hull City)

Ziaka

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

his goals have been him being in the right place at the right time..he makes good off ball runs and anticipates his movements and the flow of the game well...he looks top on his set pieces as well...bolton are doing very well as a team as of late

The guy was an Olympiakos mainstay, but let it never be said oti o teleftaios pontios never gave credit where credit was due....

Great effort from a superlative Greek athlete. It's only unfortunate that he found his goals so late in his career.

Any chance you got the links to those goals file? :)

I'm not so impressed with his goals (let's face it, they've all been open goals) more impressed with his assist's and set-piece play. Every corner or free-kick stelios plays is lethal against the oppostion. I dont remember stelios taking a corner and not finding a white shirt.

Are you serious? You have him on your Avatar!

What are your expectations? Scissor kicks and lobs from the half way line or slalom runs like Maradona?

I watched the Premier League highlights show last night and the 2 finishes from Stelio against Everton were world class!

He showed better composure than Shearer or Van Nistelrooy!

Also the match against Arsenal a few weeks ago in that first half he was world class. His service to his forwards was perfect and his support play and ablity to get into position and finish like he did for his goal shows that he is better than most strikers when it comes to scoring.

It’s a pity the Ethniki's proper forwards like Haristeas or Papadopoulos can’t finish like Stelio can.

Long may he reign!

Archived