Phantis Forums

Stelios Giannakopoulos (Hull City)

Ziaka

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing AEK for him

Dude why dont you think the top 3 are aa good decision , he can play in spot duty for them , no?

;) I dont know about that. Maybe Aek. He could fit in well with aek but would never go there. If he is going to one of the big three, its olympiakos (which I bet he will). But i dont think he is good enough.

• 1 month later...

giannakopoulos might be on his way to new-comers "hull city" in the english premierleague. it has been said that stelio was to have a meeting with hull on wednesday but since then i have heared no news..

??

does anyone know how the meeting went?

i really think this is a good option and he could play the rest of his career at this high aiming club

• 1 month later...

What the hell is going on with this guy?

I have no idea, but he should contact Anorthosis and ask them for a trial. Bardon probably has the right wing sealed up but Stelios could maybe play as a support forward for Sosin, looking to feed off his flick ons. Champions League football would be one last hurrah for a fantastic Greek player.

Guest TheLegend

I have no idea, but he should contact Anorthosis and ask them for a trial. Bardon probably has the right wing sealed up but Stelios could maybe play as a support forward for Sosin, looking to feed off his flick ons. Champions League football would be one last hurrah for a fantastic Greek player.

lol @ ask for a trial :LOL:

players at a high age dont try out for teams. and lets be honest this isnt barcelona to try out a player like stelio hes a proven player and coming off the bench in the EPL last year he had an impact in every game.

ALSO i would hate to see stelio go there as they like to carry greek flags around making a mockery of the national anthem and the flag when they threw them around karaiskaki like they were garbage.

Thereis no greek team vs greek team \

cyprus is cyprus

greece is greece

Stelios find a team uve had a brilliant career end on a positive note.

lol @ ask for a trial :LOL:

players at a high age dont try out for teams. and lets be honest this isnt barcelona to try out a player like stelio hes a proven player and coming off the bench in the EPL last year he had an impact in every game.

ALSO i would hate to see stelio go there as they like to carry greek flags around making a mockery of the national anthem and the flag when they threw them around karaiskaki like they were garbage.

Thereis no greek team vs greek team \

cyprus is cyprus

greece is greece

Stelios find a team uve had a brilliant career end on a positive note.

Ano fans holding up Greek flags... how many were the Olympiakos fans holding?:

Ano fans chanting: "H Kupros einai Elliniki"

Apoel fans singing the national anthem in bball... the proper national anthem not some desecrated version like "se gnorizw ap'tin fanela".

So before trying to convince people of bs lies, make sure they don't know any better.

As for Giannakopoulos. Of course he'd have to have a trial. Ano just destroyed Olympiakos, how do we know he's good enough to play for them?

I'm surprised he hasn't latched onto a club yet. Sure he's over the hill but you can't tell me there isn't some mid-table club in Greece (heck I bet AEK might just be desperate enough) willing to give him a shot. Maybe he's mulling over a few offers...

• 3 weeks later...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/low/football/...ity/7628430.stm

Hull in talks with Giannakopoulos

Premier League new boys Hull are in talks with former Bolton midfielder Stelios Giannakopoulos over an initial short-term move to the KC Stadium.

The 34-year-old Greece international is a free agent after being released by Bolton in the summer.

Hull boss Phil Brown said: "We're talking with regard to a contract until the end of the season or possibly until the January transfer window.

"If we can convince Stelios to sign for us it would be a no-lose situation."

Good for him, but it may be bad for the ethniki. If otto sees that stelios is now playing in the prem - the best league he in the world- he will automatically get called up. Still, if he does well with Hull and get some old form back, his experience could help the ethniki.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived