Phantis Forums

Stelios Giannakopoulos (Hull City)

Ziaka

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Another good game, and part of the winngng goal:

Diouf put Stelios Giannakopoulos clear on the right flank and his cross to the far post was intelligently headed back across the penalty area.

The ball was met by the onrushing Diouf, who cleverly nodded the ball over Kiely and into the roof of the net to give Bolton the lead once more.

Another good game, and part of the winngng goal:

Diouf put Stelios Giannakopoulos clear on the right flank and his cross to the far post was intelligently headed back across the penalty area.

The ball was met by the onrushing Diouf, who cleverly nodded the ball over Kiely and into the roof of the net to give Bolton the lead once more.

in the beginning i didnt think he would have success in the pl. i thougt that he is doing to much of dribblings and stuff instead of playing fast. but he has adopted his style of playing and managed it to earn a starting spot.

hopefully he doesnt make the mistake and come back to greece.

Giannakopoulos was still trying to feel his way throught the primiership

he played like he had to prove something

well he doesn't have to worry about that anymore

all he has to worry about his to keep playing good football

he is a terrific player and at age 30 he doesn't seem to be slowing down one bit

another goal yesterday, that brings his tally up to 6. not bad for a midfielder. and of course let's not forget all his assists that have led to goals.

unfortunately Giannakopoulos couldn't celebrate a win

Bolton gave up the lead in the last 20 mins of the game

but that doesn't take away how well stelios is playing

Stelios is playing some really good football, and his set piece play are second to none. But he hasn't really made a name in england, other than his goal of the month and his really long name (which is very patronising to the player im sure).

The good thing is these last few months he is finally being noticed and scoring loads of winners. I love watching him in interviews, he has a very cheeky way of expressing himself, and interviewers love him. The only reason I support bolton in England now is because of him. I'm glad Big Sam has finally seen sense and plays him in the first 11.

I really hope he continues his great form and hope he can end up in the competition he deserves to play in (although the result yesterday was poor, no matter how good bolton and stelios played)

Stelios is playing some really good football, and his set piece play are second to none. But he hasn't really made a name in england, other than his goal of the month and his really long name (which is very patronising to the player im sure).

The good thing is these last few months he is finally being noticed and scoring loads of winners. I love watching him in interviews, he has a very cheeky way of expressing himself, and interviewers love him. The only reason I support bolton in England now is because of him. I'm glad Big Sam has finally seen sense and plays him in the first 11.

I really hope he continues his great form and hope he can end up in the competition he deserves to play in (although the result yesterday was poor, no matter how good bolton and stelios played)

yeah but Giannakopoulos may have a long name

but on the back of his jersey its ssays stelios

they probably know him by stelios rather then his full greek last name

the fans meaning

• 3 weeks later...

Another goal for the liittle man - plus he was around the other 2 - UEFA Cup for Bolton - he was such a big part (along with Hiero ) of their surge in the spring

Bravo re Stelio - the best Greek player! ??? What do you think?

Archived