Phantis Forums

Stelios Giannakopoulos (Hull City)

Ziaka

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he goes to Liverpool this year....guaranteed he will be back in Greece next year....there is no way he will get the opportunity to play like he would in Bolton. The Liverpool midfield is already talented with Gerrard, Garcia, Kewell...

Bad move for Stelios....stay in Bolton, you had great success and brought Bolton to their first UEFA cup appearance....you turned heads in the UK...you do not want to waste the last few years on the bench.....you are going to get the playing time you deserve with Bolton.

If he goes to Liverpool this year....guaranteed he will be back in Greece next year....there is no way he will get the opportunity to play like he would in Bolton. The Liverpool midfield is already talented with Gerrard, Garcia, Kewell...

Bad move for Stelios....stay in Bolton, you had great success and brought Bolton to their first UEFA cup appearance....you turned heads in the UK...you do not want to waste the last few years on the bench.....you are going to get the playing time you deserve with Bolton.

I agree 100%. He will be a bench warmer at Liverpool.

If he goes to Liverpool this year....guaranteed he will be back in Greece next year....there is no way he will get the opportunity to play like he would in Bolton.  The Liverpool midfield is already talented with Gerrard, Garcia, Kewell...

I agree 100%. He will be a bench warmer at Liverpool.
i dont he craps on Kewell and Garcia wasnt consistant last year

I think he'll do great if not Bolton will take him back ;)

i dont he craps on Kewell and Garcia wasnt consistant last year

I think he'll do great if not Bolton will take him back ;)

I really hope so....both for Stelios and the Ethniki.....the problem is not Stelios skill level....he can compete with the best of them.....it is the old-school mentality of the English & western europeans who for years have snubbed eastern european players....however, it would be great to see stelios-gerrard-barros....WOW!!!

Lets hope he makes the right decision.

Bolton boss Sam Allardyce has dismissed reports linking midfielder Stelios Giannakopoulos with a move to Liverpool.

The 31-year-old Greece international was believed to have attracted the interest of the European champions after an impressive campaign last season.

But Allardyce told Sky Sports News: "Liverpool have never made a bid or an enquiry about Stelios Giannakopoulos, or an offer for us to consider, so it's all speculation, which is upsetting for me, but more importantly upsetting for the player."

Held out today in the opener the announcers were saying it looks like he is going to be moved - to ManCity????? I hope he stays where he is Bolton is an exciting up and comers - City is tough too but not really an upgrade

Man city have made a bid but boltons allardyce says 1 mill.euro is not enough and if they want him it will cost more than that..............this should all be settled soon and we will know within the week where stelios will be playing this year....my quess is with Bolton.....for this year only and then on to bigger and better....Geia sou re Stelio paiktara

Another liverpool rumour

FOOTBALL SPY: SOLANO NO GO SEES RAFA BACK FOR STELIOS

By Alan Nixon

LIVERPOOL boss Rafa Benitez is back on the trail of Bolton's Greek star Stelios Giannakopoulos.

Benitez renewed his interest in Stelios yesterday after he was told Aston Villa's Peruvian star Nolberto Solano was not available.

Stelios has a

Archived