Phantis Forums

Aggelos Charisteas ‒ (Retired)

Ziaka

good...he has no future there....but i hope he finds a new team soon.......he needs to get playing time for his sake n the nt's sake................

agree he needs to play maybe at my club benfica then we'll have three greeks at the club :D :tup: , i think he is a good player just not given a chance would like to see him get a fair deal and go to a club that will play him.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is in the prime of his career and he is sitting on the bench at Ajax as the 5th rated striker!

Of course he has to leave and qucikly if he is to find a club and get some form.

I always thought he was great in the air and at times he was a solid finisher and his stamina to keep coming back and help the defence was a big asset, but he clearly lacks basic skills.

He comes across as someone who couldn't go round a concrete kolona at times and this is shocking. What did he do as a junior?

This might sound stupid for a professional footballer in his position who is paid mega euros, but he needs to do EXTRA training with the ball. He needs to be able to control and pass the ball at a level above the one he currently has.

Maybe he should to return to APHS, even on a seasons loan.

• 3 weeks later...

That's a decent sum

For Canadians it is interesting - as he will play with John de Gusman - the super talent that looks like he will pull a Hargraves and declare that he is not Cnadian but infact Dutch - I guess if i can accept Castillo the Greek why should I bitch about this???

Anyway - good for Charisteas - he is a proven goal scorer, who still has a few years left for him.

Plus he is - if you like it or not - Otto's choice for striker on this team so the better form he is in the better off we are. :gr:

For Canadians it is interesting - as he will play with John de Gusman - the super talent that looks like he will pull a Hargraves and declare that he is not Cnadian but infact Dutch - I guess if i can accept Castillo the Greek why should I bitch about this???

Since you brought this up, what is THE story with Hargraves and him not declaring himself Canadian?

I heard him before the Greek friendly and he has completely lost his Canadian accent I remember hearing him have a few years back. He is such a poser!

Look I understand that both his parents are English as mine are Greek, but I don't pretend to put on any accent!

It was like listening to an English geezer ramble on. You play in Germany and you were brought up in Canada - you're not fooling us, EH!

He got majorly booed by the English fans when he came on during the WC. kala tou kananai! :tup:

Good Luck to Hari at Feyenoord! I hope they can mold him into one of Europes best strikers! This will be a great boost for Greece if he plays regularly and improves his football.

Feyenoord sign Charisteas - Reuters

Feyenoord have signed Greece striker Angelos Charisteas from Ajax Amsterdam, the Rotterdam team announced.

According to media reports, Feyenoord will pay 2.5 million euros (AU$4.19 million) for Charisteas, their first signing from arch-rivals Ajax in 14 years.

The 26-year-old, who scored the winning goal in the Euro 2004 final against Portugal, agreed a three-year contract with Feyenoord.

Posted Image

Since you brought this up, what is THE story with Hargraves and him not declaring himself Canadian?

I heard him before the Greek friendly and he has completely lost his Canadian accent I remember hearing him have a few years back. He is such a poser!

Look I understand that both his parents are English as mine are Greek, but I don't pretend to put on any accent!

It was like listening to an English geezer ramble on. You play in Germany and you were brought up in Canada - you're not fooling us, EH!

He got majorly booed by the English fans when he came on during the WC. kala tou kananai! :tup:

Ok, loads of rubbish again.

Firstly, Hargreaves has a Welsh mum and an English dad. He is born in Canada and so what? His family now lives in England.

He started to play for the Welsh side in the young teams but never - I quote - felt at ease with the other players. When Eriksson called him in 2001 he said yes and he said that the atmosphere was different in the English side than with the Welsh squad.

About his accent, well, I remember before the WC a stupid English journalist saying that Eriksson liked Hargreaves because of his "cute Canadian accent". He lost his accents because he doesn't live in Canada anymore, as simple as that.

Hargreaves left Canada at the age of 16, so I mean, people change and so did his accent and his feelings towards England.

About the English fans booing, it was a shame and I'm glad to see him now on the pitch with all these stupid fans looking silly.

He got majorly booed by the English fans when he came on during the WC. kala tou kananai!  :tup:

Ok, loads of rubbish again.

Firstly, Hargreaves has a Welsh mum and an English dad. He is born in Canada and so what? His family now lives in England.

He started to play for the Welsh side in the young teams but never - I quote - felt at ease with the other players. When Eriksson called him in 2001 he said yes and he said that the atmosphere was different in the English side than with the Welsh squad.

About his accent, well, I remember before the WC a stupid English journalist saying that Eriksson liked Hargreaves because of his "cute Canadian accent". He lost his accents because he doesn't live in Canada anymore, as simple as that.

Hargreaves left Canada at the age of 16, so I mean, people change and so did his accent and his feelings towards England.

About the English fans booing, it was a shame and I'm glad to see him now on the pitch with all these stupid fans looking silly.

Ok

Anyone can go anywhere they want - I agree

He may be an Englishman at heart and may live there the rest of his life BUT

AKRITIS HIT ON THE HEAD - how can you learn English in Canada, move to Germany and then speak your native tongue with an English accent - that means he is posing no doubt, faking his accent much like a ghettosized Justin Timberlake :LOL:

AKRITIS HIT ON THE HEAD - how can you learn English in Canada, move to Germany and then speak your native tongue with an English accent - that means he is posing no doubt, faking his accent much like a ghettosized Justin Timberlake :LOL:

You can learn English in Canada if your parents speak to you in English with an English accednt.

I lived in France - and i'm actually living in France at the moment - and don't fake my English accent, as far as I know.

Same applies for Owen Hargreaves, I guess...

You can learn English in Canada if your parents speak to you in English with an English accednt.

I lived in France - and i'm actually living in France at the moment - and don't fake my English accent, as far as I know.

Same applies for Owen Hargreaves, I guess...

Well Madonna is def faking it since she married Guy Ritchie!!! Guys who cares whether he's faking it or not, he's English and thats that. English blood, English player.

• Argy changed the title to Aggelos Charisteas ‒ (Retired)
  • Argy locked this topic

Archived