Phantis Forums

Aggelos Charisteas ‒ (Retired)

Ziaka

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Haristea goes to Benfica too I'm supporting the Eagles! :P Its so cool that Greeks are being lined up with a foreign club. How great would it be to have a team like Benfica thats filled with Greeks (a bit like Arsenal used to be with French players) :gr:

Santos could get a lot of flack just le guen at Rangers. he introduced so many french players that the team became dvived between the french and scots and led to the captain leaving. Plus I don't think the portuguese want the guy who screwed them in euro 04. This move will not materialize.

well we have just signed Derlei so i can't see us signing another striker but who knows in the next transfer window we might come back and sign Haristeas, both Karagounis and Katsouranis have been big hits in Portugal and are held in high regard by the benfica fans.

Katsouranis for me is the best benfica player at the moment :tup: , he truly wears his heart on his sleeve, concerning the Greek factor i don't think there will be any beef what so ever, as is there is alot of Brazilians and there is no problem.

well we have just signed Derlei so i can't see us signing another striker but who knows in the next transfer window we might come back and sign Haristeas, both Karagounis and Katsouranis have been big hits in Portugal and are held in high regard by the benfica fans.

Katsouranis for me is the best benfica player at the moment :tup: , he truly wears his heart on his sleeve, concerning the Greek factor i don't think there will be any beef what so ever, as is there is alot of Brazilians and there is no problem.

Hi friend, why doesnt Karagounis play more if he's been a hit?

The main thing about Karagounis is just as he starts to perform he gets injured, his done well in the games i have watched and has always given his all unfortunatly competition in the midfield is intense hope he gets more of a chance.

Katsouranis on the other hand is on his way to become a benfica legend already the fans have songs for him and i have even seen the greek flag flying high in the estadio da luz LoL guess we have finaly moved on from euro 2004 :D

The main thing about Karagounis is just as he starts to perform he gets injured, his done well in the games i have watched and has always given his all unfortunatly competition in the midfield is intense hope he gets more of a chance.

Katsouranis on the other hand is on his way to become a benfica legend already the fans have songs for him and i have even seen the greek flag flying high in the estadio da luz LoL guess we have finaly moved on from euro 2004 :D

Well Portugal have always been among my fav nations, lovely people! So it's great to see Katsouranis helping international relations :tup:

Haristea just scored for Feyenord on his return to his old club Ajax. Ajax were 3-0 up and Angelo pulled 1 back to give his team a lifeline. He's starting to find the net more frequently now, which is great news for the ethniki ahead of such an important month!

its not really special for the ethniki, we dont need him. hes been useless 2 years its time to change or for him to really hit form. Mantzios is a similar type player and i can guarantee you he will go out there and outplay Charisteas 5/5 times right now.

I'd pick Haristea over Mantzios right now. He's a more effective forward and has more presence.

thats the gavros talking.

Axristeas EFFECTIVE???? why because he scored against Ajax in a lost cause?? He has not shown a HINT of being effective since 2004 for club or country.

Mantzios has been in great form lately, greater on the ball, better finisher, and wins the ball, can partner, can go alone or can hold the ball. And hes faster. Mantzios should take that first striker spot for PAO and then the competion bw him and Axristeas will really be over.

Charisteas has 6 goals in his last 9 - he is one of the keys to the ethniki has scored 15 goals for them including the BIGGEST ever

Mantzios is probably the 7th or 8th choice striker for Otto

and is only 3 years younger than Charisteas

i like Mantsios - but please - lets see him score some goals at ANY level on a consistant basis before we put him up front o nth eethniki

Axristeas EFFECTIVE???? why because he scored against Ajax in a lost cause?? He has not shown a HINT of being effective since 2004 for club or country. 

Mantzios has been in great form lately, greater on the ball, better finisher, and wins the ball, can partner, can go alone or can hold the ball. And hes faster. Mantzios should take that first striker spot for PAO and then the competion bw him and Axristeas will really be over.

Oh get over yourself, when have i ever been dishonest in favour of Oly? Go and read my posts about the game today and you'll see that I say AEK should have had a penalty. I'm not like you dude, i put my country over my club and if Mantzios was the best option I'd say it. Fact is he isn't good enough for PAO's starting line up which comprises of other Greek forwards and he's good enough for Greece?

Haristea is more experienced and is cleverer than Mantzios. He is better in the air too and when needed he's better defensively. Manztios has talent no doubt but he is not ready for international football yet. Haristea hasn't played well since 2005 but he hasnt been playing for his club. A player needs to be getting match practise to perform and he needs confidence, 2 things which have been taken away from him. Since moving to Feyenord he appears to be finding his feet and if he does make it back to how he was in 2004 he is million miles ahead of Mantzios.

I think you should also show alot more respect to Haristea. Calling him Aharisteas is pathetic. Why are you so hostile to him, Otto, and other Greek 'heroes'? They gave us something that we could not dream of and the ethniki is their life. They give everything for their country and fans and if they are not performing it is reasonable to call for others to take there place but to insult them is ridiculous. I've realised what the problem is though... it's pent up sexual frustration isn't it? Well, dont worry file sou eho vrei tin katalili yineka!!! :P

http://www.katsekala.com/article.php?artic...2112&type=Video

:LOL:

• 3 weeks later...

Oh get over yourself, when have i ever been dishonest in favour of Oly? Go and read my posts about the game today and you'll see that I say AEK should have had a penalty. I'm not like you dude, i put my country over my club and if Mantzios was the best option I'd say it. Fact is he isn't good enough for PAO's starting line up which comprises of other Greek forwards and he's good enough for Greece?

Haristea is more experienced and is cleverer than Mantzios. He is better in the air too and when needed he's better defensively. Manztios has talent no doubt but he is not ready for international football yet. Haristea hasn't played well since 2005 but he hasnt been playing for his club. A player needs to be getting match practise to perform and he needs confidence, 2 things which have been taken away from him. Since moving to Feyenord he appears to be finding his feet and if he does make it back to how he was in 2004 he is million miles ahead of Mantzios.

I think you should also show alot more respect to Haristea. Calling him Aharisteas is pathetic. Why are you so hostile to him, Otto, and other Greek 'heroes'? They gave us something that we could not dream of and the ethniki is their life. They give everything for their country and fans and if they are not performing it is reasonable to call for others to take there place but to insult them is ridiculous. I've realised what the problem is though... it's pent up sexual frustration isn't it? Well, dont worry file sou eho vrei tin katalili yineka!!! :P

http://www.katsekala.com/article.php?artic...2112&type=Video

:LOL:

i call him Axristeas because everytime he puts on the national jersey the last couple years he is completly AXRISTOS - USELESS!!!! Slow, crap passes, crap movement off the ball and never finishing........why do you think the guy cant stay at a club man and is even looking to be offloaded again? Effective? he has NOT been effective one bit since 2004!!! everything since then has been god-awful!

Mantzios is just a better finisher, quicker and fighter. In a comparison of what Ive seen last 3 years from both, i hold it to be true.

Charisteas has been crap, and for being the same type player Mantzios looks much better, and is looking like the OLD Charisteas. I dont care about history or who plays for what club - whose done what in Euro. we have to qualify again. Whose in form now? A couple tap ins on the scoresheet for Feyernoord and the guys in great form, back to himself? Even when he would seem 'back' with Ajax and Bremen hed still go and blow when wearing blue the last couple years.

Mantzios moves a lot better off the ball latley, hes more determined, most importantly hes improving and Charisteas as a player is stagnant.

calling me hostile towards them - I am hostile when change needs to happen, and wont. We can always honor them, but there is always a time to go, and some players needed to be out of the team a long time ago for us to move up - national teams must be constantly evolving until there back ready for a 'golden generation' - the last one peaked and the new one has to be built. I am always thankful for Euro 2004 - but its 2007 now.

There IS potential in our new squad and I want it realized fully, and wont settle for less. Accept that good things come to an end, and focus on making newer and better things. Thats how NT should work. Not dumb things like keep Zagorakis in the friendly match lineups when hes decided to retire (what exaclty would be the point of playing a team building game and including a player that will not be in the plans of the ethniki for the tournament you practice for?) Not testing out other goalkeepers in friendlies ---- that does NOT make you better off. even if the new guy sucks and lets in 30 goals friendly results dont matter/ you need to be finding and testing your future players you think could be a part of the squad.

If your generation is rapidly coming to an end, you have to beging to give chances a lot more openly to players than he did. It took him forever to finaly call up Lagos, Samaras and put the slightest trust in them.

Otto has done great, and after that great has done a lot to slow our progress by just being stubborn. I support him, but there are some decisions he makes that are anti-growth, and dont make us better as a team.

oh and about the sexual frustration thing - thats just retarted.

i call him Axristeas because everytime he puts on the national jersey the last couple years he is completly AXRISTOS - USELESS!!!! Slow, crap passes, crap movement off the ball and never finishing........why do you think the guy cant stay at a club man and is even looking to be offloaded again? Effective? he has NOT been effective one bit since 2004!!! everything since then has been god-awful!

Sorry file mou Ethnikisti alla ehei dikio se ayta pou leei...Vevaia den xehnao oti einai apo tous paragontes pou pirame to Eyropaiko alla kai go ton vrizo polles fores

Aplos o Rehhagel ehei kollima me tin parti tou...Opoiosdipote allos proponitis den tha ton kalouse mehri na xanavrei kai an xanavrei forma

In his previous game however, one of the reporters commented how 'other than the goal, he wasted his time on the pitch."

That's never good for a striker. Katsouranis is scoring goals and he's a midfielder. And judging how well Gekkas is doing in the Bundesliga, I think he deserves a shot at the Turkey game.

Sorry file mou Ethnikisti alla ehei dikio se ayta pou leei...Vevaia den xehnao oti einai apo tous paragontes pou pirame to Eyropaiko alla kai go ton vrizo polles fores

Aplos o Rehhagel ehei kollima me tin parti tou...Opoiosdipote allos proponitis den tha ton kalouse mehri na xanavrei kai an xanavrei forma

File mou den einai thema taktikis! Simfono oti o Haristeas den prepei na einai sti omada pio. Alla to thema einai na sevomaste tous iroes mas. Na ton lene Ahristeas einai megali m*****a!

@ Drakos, relax dude, the sexual frustration was a joke! We're among the younger posters on here if we can't have a giggle the place will have the atmosphere of a morgue! Besides, everyone here knows that she's your type! :P

• 2 weeks later...

File mou den einai thema taktikis! Simfono oti o Haristeas den prepei na einai sti omada pio. Alla to thema einai na sevomaste tous iroes mas. Na ton lene Ahristeas einai megali m*****a!

@ Drakos, relax dude, the sexual frustration was a joke! We're among the younger posters on here if we can't have a giggle the place will have the atmosphere of a morgue! Besides, everyone here knows that she's your type! :P

Ok yperpaikti eheis dikio.Ohi pia Ahristeas...

Entometaxy (tora variemai na diavaso tis proigoumenes selides )alla de xero an xerete oti o Haristeeas ehei spiti sto Amsterdam..Eee,pire ekei pera metallia,koupes,mplouzes apo to eyropaiko kai de xero go ti allo...kai tou ta klepsane!an einai dynaton!

Axristeas is what i used to call him with passion, but now that he is on fire with his team in holland, he should start. All players that are playing well should be put into the game. If rivaldo is playing horribly and not scoring any goals i believe we should take him out until he proves to us that his time is worth watching on the football field.

Charistea is burning hot right now just like Greece was durin the euro

• Argy changed the title to Aggelos Charisteas ‒ (Retired)
  • Argy locked this topic

Archived