Phantis Forums

Aggelos Charisteas ‒ (Retired)

Ziaka

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he has 4 goals in the eredivise so far with 2 games left and Ajax have clinched second place to put them in the 3rd qualifying round of the champions league next year :tup:

some quotes:

...The first one (goal) was a crisp shot on goal by Ryan Babel after receiving the ball from a hard-working Angelos Charisteas....

...just before the final whistle. It was Charisteas who was rewarded for his efforts with a fine goal. The Greek outsmarted his opponent, turned quickly and created a free passage to the RKC goal. With a fine chip he lofted the ball over a diving Sinouh: 4-0....

• 4 weeks later...

LATEST NEWS

Ajax swoop on Malmo star

PA Sport

Markus Rosenberg has successfully negotiated a four-year contract with Ajax and will complete his move from Malmo on July 4.

The two clubs agreed a fee of around

• 1 month later...

Aggelos has stated publicly that he wants to stay at Ajax. But what would be the point of he was to find himself in another "Werder" situation where he wasn't the striker of choice for the team. If this transfer to Spain doesn't got through, I worry about that kid's future in European football.

I hate to say it but I reckon he'll be back in Greece within 2 years.

he hasn't really impressed me at Ajax so far and i think Mallorca would be good for him especially since Cuper is also trying to sign Karagounis. he plays best in a system of 3 strikers like Ajax play and not Bremen's 2 striker system but he needs to get his act together and work on his dribbling skills if he's going to play in Spain. the spanish league i would say has the best technical skilled players.

do you guys realize that the idiot who wrote the goal.com article meant the title to be pronnounced as "Cuper keen on Karisteas" and not "haristeas" :angry: like it should be pronounced.

Aggelos has stated publicly that he wants to stay at Ajax. But what would be the point of he was to find himself in another "Werder" situation where he wasn't the striker of choice for the team. If this transfer to Spain doesn't got through, I worry about that kid's future in European football.

I hate to say it but I reckon he'll be back in Greece within 2 years.

I am also afraid so. Do you remember how Ajax finished the international career of Machlas who went there as a mega star? He was ignored in his last season in the team :tdown: (and he had scored 12-14 goals the previous two years). Tough competition it seems there.

Ajax finished last in the Amsterdam Tourney behind Arsenal,Porto and Boca Juniors. Charisteas started the last match against Boca (1-2) and had a few good opportunities on goal.

Such a shame he hasn't been able to grab a position in Amsterdam either :unsure: What the hell is going on ?

• 2 weeks later...

charisteas scored in the 78th minute of Ajax loss to Feyenord 2 - 1

Coach Danny Blind started the second half with Greek Angelos Haristeas instead of the disappointing Markus Rosenberg but a minute after the interval Feyenoord doubled the lead.

Kalou broke through on the right flank and set up Kuijt for his third of the season.

Ferne Snoijl then kept the two-goal lead intact by clearing one off the line soon after in the 71st minute he was dismissed for his second booking.

Ajax stepped up the pace and their pressure was rewarded 11 minutes from time when Haristeas cashed in on some poor defending to score.

However, Feyenoord held out to make it three wins out of three and keep them level at the top with AZ Alkmaar and RKC Waalwijk following their respective 5-0 win at Vitesse Arnhem and 3-1 success at NEC Nijmegen on Saturday.

Champions PSV Eindhoven are in action later today at Roda JC Kerkrade.

hopefully now the coach plays him more often :gr:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Argy changed the title to Aggelos Charisteas ‒ (Retired)
  • Argy locked this topic

Archived