Phantis Forums

Aggelos Charisteas ‒ (Retired)

Ziaka

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Xaristeas was again in the Standard Eleven ...and they put the Croatian Klasnic, who rarely played in Portugal for Croatia ....on the bench... Till now it was the opposite...

For those, who are wining about the NT...and his forwards....

My judgement is....Xaristeas is one of the best Forward that Greece ever had...... because he rarely misses occasions.......

• 3 weeks later...

Otto mentioned Xaristeas should leave Werder since he should find a team that would use him as a starter. I agree since he's at the bottom of the striker's list on the team. Who know's what's happenin unless when the transfers open another team picks him up.

I saw highlights today and he scored an amazing left foot deflection that gave the win to his team.

Charisteas needs to go he is pratically useless there they don't play him like most Greeks who play abroad they are never given the opportunity to play and showcase his skills

Rumors have it Roma or Fiorentina

he should go to a team where they need him and he can play

Roma have Montella and Totti i don't see that working out

Fiorentina seems a more likely better move for him

u make a good point

having dellas will help Charisteas too

but do u think Totti will put his massive ego aside and allow charisteas to be given the opportunity to score ?

and lets hope Charisteas doesn't get shoved back to the bench which is a common theme for Greek players playing abroad

very unfortunate

But Charisteas proved today how valuable he can be

i now it was against Kazhanstan but this was a must win game for us and he came through in the big moment

last month he scored a game winner vs Valencia in C.L. and we all know wut he did this summer

he has a knack to score big game type goals in crucial situations

u can't teach that or learn it

its just a special gift he has recieved

its a shame he is not playing a bremen because he is soo talented and it just seems to be wasted...if del neri is the coach at roma, i believe he will get his chances to score..he really doesnt take crap from anyone (as seen in the cassano dilemma) but the only way charisteas at roma would work would be if cassano goes..which it looks like he is...because mido has fallen out of favor as well and is looking to move..so their only all out strikers would be delvecchio (who charisteas is much better then) and montella...i also think charisteas will do well in the italian league...he finds the tight spaces and is also a quick/careful dribbler...he puts himself in good positions and is a clinical finisher which is exaclty what is needed in the italian league..

Ajax confirm Harry talks

by Gerrit van Leeuwen - Last Updated 25 Nov 2004

Sky Sports Fanzone

Werder BremenAjax coach Ronald Koeman has confirmed his interest in Werder Bremen's Greek forward Angelos Charisteas.

Koeman was an interested spectator at the recent international between Greece and Kazakhstan and the Dutchman's presence at the encounter sparked reports that he was all set to lodge a big for the angular centre forward.

The reports prompted a swift riposte from Werder who signalled their intention to retain the services of the Euro 2004 winner.

Koeman has admitted he had a brief conversation with the striker after last week's game, but stopped short of confirming his intention to bring Charisteas to the Amsterdam ArenA.

"I watched him and it is logical that when you do that, you then speak to him," Koeman told Algemeen Dagblad.

Koeman has made no secret of his desire to bring in a powerful centre forward during January's transfer window and Charisteas is one of a number of options the Dutchman is assessing.

Borussia Dortmund giant Jan Koller still appears to be their preferred target, but Charisteas would be a more than suitable option for the Dutch titans.

Charisteas won't be going this winter season

i don't know how many years he has left on his contract maybe 2

since werder bremen will continue in c.l. they also have the league and there fa cup

i mean they will keep him just to keep there roster fresh

maybe during the summer

• Argy changed the title to Aggelos Charisteas ‒ (Retired)
  • Argy locked this topic

Archived