Phantis Forums

SL1-PO-R7: PAS Lamia - PAOK (24.04.17:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

Lamia.jpg.0da3c6169e3ebf72847cac7dbfd7b304.jpg     VS  PAOK.jpg.ca07001feadb6df87300740aa75bc8c1.jpg

MATCHUP:            PAS Lamia 1964 - P.A.O.K. Thessaloniki
COMPETITION:     Superleague 1 – Playoffs - Round 7
DATE:                     24-April-2024
TIME:                     17:00 EEST  (14:00 GMT, 09:00 CDT, 00:00 AEST next day)
CITY/STADIUM:   Lamia – DAK Lamias (Capacity: 5,500)
REFEREES:  
TELEVISION:        COSMOTE Sport (Greece), Prime Tel (Cyprus), Antenna Satellite/Pacific (USA, Canada/Australia)

PAS Lamia 1964 – PAOK history:

Superleague

2023-2024:  0:2 (Taison, Baba) - Attendance: 1,639
2022-2023:  0:3 (Oliveira, Dantas, Zivkovic A.) - Attendance: 2,040
2021-2022:  0:2 (Jaba, Michailidis) - Attendance: 517
2020-2021:  0:2 (Tzolis, Vieirinha) - Attendance: no fans
2019-2020:  0:1 (Matos) - Attendance: 2,072
2018-2019:  0:1 (Varela) - Attendance: 1,648
2017-2018:  0:2 (Pelkas, Mauricio) - Attendance: 1,040

GAMES:  7    WINS:  7    TIES:  0    LOSSES:  0

• Blackhawk changed the title to SL1-PO-R7: PAS Lamia - PAOK (24.04.17:00 EEST)

Squad:

Κοτάρσκι, Ζίβκοβιτς, Ταλιχμανίδης, Βιεϊρίνια, Σάστρε, Όττο, Κεντζιόρα, Κουλιεράκης, Μιχαηλίδης, Μπάμπα, Ράφα Σοάρες, Σβαμπ, Μεϊτέ, Οζντόεφ, Μάρκος Αντόνιο, Κωνσταντέλιας, Μουργκ, Τάισον, Ντεσπόντοφ, Μπράντον, Σαμάτα

Tsiggaras is out and probably played his last game with PAOK.

We'll need to be careful as Lamia has close ties with AEK and I would not be surprised if we get provoked and be carded ahead of the game with AEK on Sunday.

We had hard time with Lamia earlier this season until we scored the first goal. For that reason I hope we score early and finish them as quick as possible.

PAOK fans will be present as Lamia gave us some tickets.

Lineup:

Κοτάρσκι, Ράφα, Μιχαηλίδης, Κεντζιόρα, Σάστρε, Σβαμπ, Οζντόεφ, Μάρκος Αντόνιο, Κωνσταντέλιας, Ντεσπόντοφ και Σαμάτα.

Lamia lacks the help of their "ultras". They are - right so - pissed off as they were ordered to give up their usual places for the fans of Pana when they play them.

The season is over. Now we just need to make sure we end up in 3rd place at least.

Considering we don't even have a proper striker, I would say this season did not go too badly up until this point. It could have been much worse. The only question is if we can secure European football next season. If we don't then it will be difficult to recruit good players.

• Like it 1

On 4/24/2024 at 3:53 AM, Blackhawk said:

Tsiggaras is out and probably played his last game with PAOK.

I think this is a shame.  Does he really have nothing to add to the squad?  At the beginning of the season where no one knew what the heck was going on with transfers, he and Schwab played in the middle for the ECL qualifiers and the first batch of league games and he seemed to do well.  If it's the case that the club intends on replacing him with someone better than fair enough but it just seems like when he was needed, he did the job, and now he's been side lined.  Anyway, hard to say unless you're in the know but that's how it appears.

10 hours ago, Athens4 said:

The season is over. Now we just need to make sure we end up in 3rd place at least.

Considering we don't even have a proper striker, I would say this season did not go too badly up until this point. It could have been much worse. The only question is if we can secure European football next season. If we don't then it will be difficult to recruit good players.

Good point Athens.  We haven't had a proper striker all season so all things considered we've done pretty darn good.  Hopefully we can secure 3rd spot but it won't be easy with the gavroi breathing down our necks.

8 hours ago, Bananas said:

Good point Athens.  We haven't had a proper striker all season so all things considered we've done pretty darn good.  Hopefully we can secure 3rd spot but it won't be easy with the gavroi breathing down our necks.

I'm sorry but if we don't finish top 3 I am not sure how we can say the season didn't go poorly. Whose fault is it we didn't have a proper striker? It's not like someone was randomly taken from us and we had to make due. We failed in the cup, we had a good European run but fizzled out embarrassingly while OLY is the talk of the competition. And in the league, if we don't make Europe, that would be a horrendous failure which yes, we will not be able to recruit good players and next year would even be worse.