Phantis Forums

SL1-PO-R3: PAOK - PAS Lamia (03.04.24, 19:30 EEST)

1 hour ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Pana - AEX 0-1 after 27' (equalizer of Bakasetas cancelled)

Match just finished and Pana turned it around: 2-1.

We lead the tablet.

Hopefully Panathinaikos doesn't go on a run now. Was kind of hoping for a draw. Next best option is them tiring themselves out in the Cup, I guess.

• Like it 1

The cup final does not take place until SL season is over. I don't really worry about them. We play them at home, so they should not be a problem. My worries are AEK and how we can beat them.

• Like it 1

5 hours ago, pash said:

Hopefully Panathinaikos doesn't go on a run now. Was kind of hoping for a draw. Next best option is them tiring themselves out in the Cup, I guess.

PAO isn't a threat IMO for the title. They shot themselves in the foot by sacking Jovanovic. AEK losing was the best result for us. 

We now go to the OPAP Arena where a point is good result, a win is an unbelievable result. The issue is, as Blackhawk points out is finding a way to beat AEK. We match-up poorly and their pressing causes us all sorts of problems, especially when we play away.

Lucescu needs to come up with a way in which we can beat their press or give them the ball and press them back. Because us building up from the back is inviting pressure and AEK will feed off our errors. 

Edited by paokarag4

15 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

PAO isn't a threat IMO for the title. They shot themselves in the foot by sacking Jovanovic. AEK losing was the best result for us. 

We now go to the OPAP Arena where a point is good result, a win is an unbelievable result. The issue is, as Blackhawk points out is finding a way to beat AEK. We match-up poorly and their pressing causes us all sorts of problems, especially when we play away.

Lucescu needs to come up with a way in which we can beat their press or give them the ball and press them back. Because us building up from the back is inviting pressure and AEK will feed off our errors. 

As a former Connecticut Coach of the Year, I have to say this is a great strategy. Play American style, kick and run. The worst is when we build the ball 4-5 minutes, keep possession then play to the GK or CB and a turnover leads to a goal. We keep possession but for most part its without a purpose. As my Aussie brother says, they're gonna high press and attack. They need to win. We can catch them off guard in one on one situations. 

Lucescu's historically been all about the counter attacking play. But us struggling with it in previous games vs AEK is concerning.

They have the skill to do it, only question is if they'll put all the pieces together. Not sure where Connecticut is, sounds made up.