Phantis Forums

2023-2024 Pre Season Training News and Games

Dutch Eagle

I never read anything into the pre-season friendlies. They are worthless in predicting the outcome of the season.

I think we will be fine. Finishing 2 - 4 in the league gets you the same benefits: 2nd qualifying round of Conference League. There is no way we can contest for the title. If we get lucky we might get into the cup final (it has become a habit lately) and maybe even win it. I just hope we have a good run in Europe (group stage at a minimum), but as we saw last season nothing is guaranteed. 

If things get rough, maybe both sides can come to a mutual agreement to end the ties and hopefully we can bring someone mid-season to start building a team for next season. Ivic would be an ideal choice, but that would imply that some of the front office bureaucrats would need to be fired.

19 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

I never read anything into the pre-season friendlies. They are worthless in predicting the outcome of the season.

I think we will be fine. Finishing 2 - 4 in the league gets you the same benefits: 2nd qualifying round of Conference League. There is no way we can contest for the title. If we get lucky we might get into the cup final (it has become a habit lately) and maybe even win it. I just hope we have a good run in Europe (group stage at a minimum), but as we saw last season nothing is guaranteed. 

If things get rough, maybe both sides can come to a mutual agreement to end the ties and hopefully we can bring someone mid-season to start building a team for next season. Ivic would be an ideal choice, but that would imply that some of the front office bureaucrats would need to be fired.

I completely disagree with this sentiment. So we are content finishing 4th every year because it gets the same amount European spot as 2nd? That’s what ownership is doing. At some point we are going to lose momentum and then move from 4th to mid table. We can’t consider ourselves a big club but then be content for finishing as the 4th best club in an awful league. 

We have to push for the highest finish possible. Gain momentum with players that’ll wanna come here and play. 

• Like it 1

I was very happy to see the lack of geo-lock. But of course the app I use to track games told me this was starting 15 minutes later than it actually did, so I missed both goals. On rewind: nice goal by Schwab. Good to see Tsiggaras score as well.

I also forgot that in addition to them being who we play seemingly every preseason, we also sent Aventisian to them a year ago. We're truly putting down roots in the land of tulips and wooden shoes.

22 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

pash we are playing Genk, not Go Ahead Eagles.

2:0 halftime

Hahaha I am all sorts of screwed up. I was looking at some article on a website on one screen while watching this on another. And I def remember thinking "why's the guy talking about Genk when we're playing go ahead eagles" hahaha

Couple of nice little runs by our star there.

Saw a post on some site a few days ago that they were trying to set up another friendly as well (against some Saudi team?). I think this team can use all the practice it can get. Clock's ticking.