Phantis Forums

SL1-R15: Atromitos - PAOK (07-Jan-21, 19:30 EET)

Blackhawk

Pablo again saying that you pay for missing those chances instead of being 3-0 up at HT. 

Do not know what happened. First time a see him using Maniatis and replying in Spanish. Is he angry? Or worse, disappointed? 

Watched the second half. Fully deserved win for Atromitos. Our players are all over the place and I am not sure where we go from here. I can't understand why we aren't trying to offload some.

On another note, I thought the refereeing was brilliant (except for the linesman's call for offside on their third goal, which was correctly counted through VAR). My questions are the following:

1) Why is it we can be punished and drop points for playing badly, yet the team from Piraeus can't?

2) Why is it fouls outside our box can (correctly) be given against us yet it's as if the team from Piraeus has immunity from their opponent being given a free kick in a dangerous area?

3) I am not so sure it was a penalty, but in any case - why isn't Vieirinha taking it?

Today's game is exactly how football should be. You shouldn't know that your team is going to win every week. Otherwise what is the point?

(I thought Atromitos was supposed be our satellite team?) 

Edited by Athens4

6 minutes ago, PaokCT said:

I can answer your #1 . It’s cause our bad is a lot worse than Olympiakos’ worse. They have more quality and more depth. 

I'm not denying that. But even they can't string some passes together they are protected from any attacks. At the end of the day we had our chance to make the big money in CL and we blew it.

• Like it 1

We are in a very dangerous position. If we fall too far behind I would hate to see a few years of mediocrity. We can turn this around and save next season with a good cup run and a 2nd place finish. But if we go to third or fourth, then we may be paying with a few rough years

There is no purpose in PAOK's play. We are disorganized. The last few games all we were doing was long passes from defense to our offense. Our midfield is non-existent and the opposing team finds themselves on counters with our defense being always caught off guard like in today's game . The other problem is our defensemen's major mistakes like today's Giannoulis's pass to set the tying goal. The other proof that the team is playing a disorganized game is the many fouls (and yellow cards) when we lose the ball to much faster players.

Finishing 2-4 makes no difference. We will play in Conference League either way. Hopefully we will not screw that up and let AEK and Panathinaikos finish ahead of us.

Our only other goal is the cup. Hopefully we can concentrate on that.