Phantis Forums

2017-2018 Pre Season Training News

Dutch Eagle

Poor first half. Slight improvement in the 2nd half. We need some help in midfield and defense. I think the Ajax game will show us where we stand.

Stanojevic after the game said that he might have to rethink the 4-4-2 formation. Also said that Deligiannidis has a head start over Konstantinidis. 

He DEFINITELY should rethink that formation. We have way too many dedicated attacking midfielders who are simply wasted on the wings. It was clear that the team is not very comfortable playing like this.

As long as we use an attacking midfielder, I'm happy with pretty much ANY formation. If Stanojevic is smart, he'll try to bleed in his preferred formations over the course of our season vs easier opponents. Forcing this through with two weeks of training is a recipe for disasters.

That kid that collapsed during Ajax's friendly a few weeks back apparently has brain damage. Jeez. I wonder if the team is going to do some sort of tribute when we play them.

-edit- IF we play them...the game might be up in the air at this point

Edited by pash

The friendly against Ajax was almost cancelled by Ajax, but it was decided that it will go ahead as planned. PAOK would like to televise the game on PAOK TV, but Ajax is refusing to give permission. Not only that, they are also trying to stop any kind of radio broadcast of the game. What will Kolkas do now?

Doesn't he technically use a cell phone?  ;)

If there's another team available, I say we walk. The team isn't exactly going to bust its ass to play a friendly, after all.

I guess the game is still up in the air. It apparently depends on the condition of the Ajax player that collapsed in their last game. His condition is very serious. I think they will decide tomorrow.

Yes, all those reporters use hands free cell phones. Pretty amateur set up by the PAOK radio reporters.

6 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

The friendly against Ajax was almost cancelled by Ajax, but it was decided that it will go ahead as planned. PAOK would like to televise the game on PAOK TV, but Ajax is refusing to give permission. Not only that, they are also trying to stop any kind of radio broadcast of the game. What will Kolkas do now?

Unusual that they wouldn't allow for it to be televised or at the very least on radio given it's just a friendly match.

On 7/12/2017 at 3:20 PM, BostonThanatos said:

I think with this squad a 4-2-3-1 type of set up would probably work best.  Prijo up front, Mak, Biseswar and Campos/Henrique  behind that, Cimirot/Kace and Canas/Sakhov behind them and the usual characters in the back.

It looks like the coach is taking my advice:

metrosport.jpg?w=900

Also according to reports Warda has been giving 110% at practice and is impressing the coaching staff.

Edited by BostonThanatos

Our line-up:

Rey

Leovac - Varela - Crespo - Matos 

Cimirot - Canas

Mak - Biseswar - Henrique 

Prijovic 

Edited by Dutch Eagle