Phantis Forums

Europa League 2015-2016

Tzatziki

Meli Sav Ala Vellis (until he got driven out) Lamia's owner Iraklis owner just to name a couple.

Karaiskaki was offered first then Nea Smyrni from memory and what good relations would it start? Marinakis doesn't care about good relations he just wants power.

I don't blame Marinakis for everything but he sure has a hand in MANY dirty things that go on and with 5 charges against him just shows he is involved in plenty and if you cant admit your owner has a hand in the way the league has become you are deluded.

the Karaiskaki offer was a good offer and a good gesture....

Marinakis cares more than alafouzos......Savvidis and Meli are in the same boat as Kokkalis..old school greek hard core hard nuts..

Lamia owner??? seriously??  who is he?? he runs kalloni in drag!!

I like the Iraklis owner...he is a refreshing change for Greece..

I have no doubt it was a nice gesture but in reality Marinakis doesn't just come out and do that for the sake of it. You totally ignored the part about Marinakis and his involvement, if we are going to debate/chat lets admit truth even if you don't like to.....

You asked which owners and I gave you a few who are trying and you call them "greek hardcore nuts" when really Meli is making an effort behind the scenes, as for Ala im sure hes trying also but going the wrong way about it.

Lamia owner isn't as bad as other owners such as Kougias the prick.

Iraklis owner is good also

So there are people trying to change Greek Football BUT there is a big hurdle for them to overcome with the dirty people involved and the powers they currently have. But it wont last long now the EPO people now know wont be the same come the next election. and then hopefully Greek Football can move forward because where it is now is a joke. You cant have one team winning 18 of 20 titles, yes you had good teams along the way and deserved some of those titles but if you are a true football fan and love the game you will admit some of those 18 titles were won in shady ways.

The gesture was in Marinakis first few months of being in charge...so perhaps we/you need to take it on face value...

at the time I recall he said he was doing it for the 'good of greek football'.

I have always maintained that if Marinakis is guilty of the allegations then let justice take it's course...I have no issues with that...

By describing Meli and Savvidis as 'greek hardcore nuts'  I mean I do not see anything different in them than 'traditional greek arrogant businessmen of last century'...just ;like Kokkalis etc....  unlile the Iraklis owner, who appears as he comes from a different place....

The Lamia owner is small fry....nothingness in charge of a nothing club......but I doubt he is in Kouyias category....no one is...

We need to remember that our domination has been facilitated because essentially AEK/PAOK were broke and on life support from 1998 until very recently....and once Tzigger pulled out PAO were in financial free fall...

it was no coincidence that the last time PAO spent big they won the double....and in the same year Kokkalis dropped the ball and we finished 5th (after play offs)

The gesture was in Marinakis first few months of being in charge...so perhaps we/you need to take it on face value...

at the time I recall he said he was doing it for the 'good of greek football'.

I have always maintained that if Marinakis is guilty of the allegations then let justice take it's course...I have no issues with that...

By describing Meli and Savvidis as 'greek hardcore nuts'  I mean I do not see anything different in them than 'traditional greek arrogant businessmen of last century'...just ;like Kokkalis etc....  unlike the Iraklis owner, who appears as he comes from a different place....

The Lamia owner is small fry....nothingness in charge of a nothing club......but I doubt he is in Kouyias category....no one is...

We need to remember that our domination has been facilitated because essentially AEK/PAOK were broke and on life support from 1998 until very recently....and once Tzigger pulled out PAO were in financial free fall...

it was no coincidence that the last time PAO spent big they won the double....and in the same year Kokkalis dropped the ball and we finished 5th (after play offs)

By describing Meli and Savvidis as 'greek hardcore nuts'  I mean I do not see anything different in them than 'traditional greek arrogant businessmen of last century'...just ;like Kokkalis etc....  unlile the Iraklis owner, who appears as he comes from a different place....

Savvidis might be inept but he has put money into the club, Meli is like a slumlord. Apples and oranges.

Firstly he cant be president due to OPAP. Lets not talk about Presidents because currently your one shouldn't be there with that title due to his 5 convictions.

Secondly why would someone go out and spend like crazy in his 1st season back after promotion? He has bought players on the cheap or free yet his team is sitting 2nd and that's a bad thing is it? A newly promoted team sitting 2nd in January, tell me that's bad and honestly all I can do is laugh at that.

Thirdly you don't see or know what he does behind the scenes Tzatziki, it has never been his style to run out in the media and say what hes doing but he has done a lot up until now

Fourthly his focus is on the stadium, a team cant generate income without a stadium.

And lastly we cant spend big money due to being on the London Stock Exchange which we have to show profit for the first 2 years.

Now maybe before you bag clubs and presidents actually know what's really happening.

Firstly he cant be president due to OPAP. Lets not talk about Presidents because currently your one shouldn't be there with that title due to his 5 convictions.

Secondly why would someone go out and spend like crazy in his 1st season back after promotion? He has bought players on the cheap or free yet his team is sitting 2nd and that's a bad thing is it? A newly promoted team sitting 2nd in January, tell me that's bad and honestly all I can do is laugh at that.

Thirdly you don't see or know what he does behind the scenes Tzatziki, it has never been his style to run out in the media and say what hes doing but he has done a lot up until now

Fourthly his focus is on the stadium, a team cant generate income without a stadium.

And lastly we cant spend big money due to being on the London Stock Exchange which we have to show profit for the first 2 years.

Now maybe before you bag clubs and presidents actually know what's really happening.

Sheriff the thought of you saying your dominance was because of AEK & PAOK being in debt makes me laugh, PAOK hasn't won a title in over 30 years they have no impact. AEK wasn't in debt by 1998 more just after the new millennium.

So even though you have heard this before 2008 AEK was robbed of the title

2010 PAO was robbed

Yet you say it was because AEK/PAOK were in free fall with debt.

Ela re speak some truth here and admit some of those titles are shady as, it doesn't make you less a fan but an honest one.

I would LOVE to see Marinakis have no CL money for 2 seasons and what he would spend, I guarantee you it would be peanuts.

Why would owners invest into a league that's cash strapped??? 

To make their team as competitive as they can. The league is weak, with 2-3 good signings PAO  could have made a run for the title, or at the very least beaten Qabala and then a little extra cash would have come into the club coffers.

I would LOVE to see Marinakis have no CL money for 2 seasons and what he would spend, I guarantee you it would be peanuts.

The only year we missed the CL  he actually made his biggest signing i believe in Riera.

Since when is it up to individual teams to improve the quality of the League? 

Competition for the 1st spot of a league actually helps but that point has gone over most Olympiakos fans due to opadiliki. Unless of course, your manager is Pep Guardiola or your team is Barcelona. 

It's easy to tell others what to do when you're in a good position. It seems like you care and makes you look good when in reality you don't give a shieeeeeet because you've easily got that CL spot. 

• Like it 1

Tzatziki prior to 2011 the SL TV contact was 150 million dollars, now it has been lowered significantly and the team's are splitting 30 million, and the reason for such a decline is lack of interest. Olympiacos cashes in 30 million from the CL, and PAO, AEK and PAOK are only collecting 2 million from the contract, and even if they made Europa they would only maybe make an additional 3 million....Why would owners invest into a league that's cash strapped??? The owners are putting in what the league is worth, and if the CL money stops flowing, and if Marinakis is still dropping millions, only then can you compare him to the rest.

Finally someone gets what im trying to say.

However , Im pretty sure Oly gets 10 mill from CL.

Since when is it up to individual teams to improve the quality of the League? 

Competition for the 1st spot of a league actually helps but that point has gone over most Olympiakos fans due to opadiliki. Unless of course, your manager is Pep Guardiola or your team is Barcelona. 

It's easy to tell others what to do when you're in a good position. It seems like you care and makes you look good when in reality you don't give a shieeeeeet because you've easily got that CL spot. 

Competition for first spot used to be between 3 teams.

Oly ,Pao , Aek (and in the brains of PAOKtzides, Paok too.

There was even competition for Europa League with teams like Aris and Larisa , even teams like Oly Volou who had few seasons managed to do good.

Right now The competition for first spot is gone.

And so is the competition for playoffs.

Pao ,Paok ,Aek got a spot guaranteed , due to fanela and history which the other greek teams lack.

4th play off spot really got competition between Panionios,Asteras, and maybe Iraklis makes a step up and takes the spot.

So my prediction is that the timetable will be:

Oly

Pao

Aek

Paok

Asteras/Iraklis and with less chances Panionios

This listing is about 80% correct.

Where's the drama and the thrilling excitement over who wins the damn league ? Wheres the excitement waiting for a surprise team to step up and get a play off spot.

Where's the excitement about a big team being ripped off from a play off spot by a team we dont e ven know its core roster.

Im Olympiakos and i started blaming Oly at this post but frankly, if the others dont bother slightly stepping up it ain't gonna happen.

You say Ira and Panionios are some big surprises of this year but I doubt it. They are teams with fanbase and with some good seasons in the past. Asteras is the only modern superleague's surprise. 

How are other teams going to compete? The past 20 years has seen only 04 and 10 with different champions.

Add ?200mil from constant CL appearances and a new stadium which is being rented vs only Paok and Aris having their own stadiums, there's no chance they can compete and no reason for any non-shady business owner to invest in the GSL. 

The discussion isn't even focused on the EPO/GSL improving the game, it's focused on fantasy millionaires that should come in spend ?100mil and make Aek, Pao, Paok, Aris competitive. That's bizarrely stupid. 

At least the Indians running QPR will get over 

Edited by Jakub Blaszczykowski

Sheriff the thought of you saying your dominance was because of AEK & PAOK being in debt makes me laugh, PAOK hasn't won a title in over 30 years they have no impact. AEK wasn't in debt by 1998 more just after the new millennium.

So even though you have heard this before 2008 AEK was robbed of the title

2010 PAO was robbed

Yet you say it was because AEK/PAOK were in free fall with debt.

Ela re speak some truth here and admit some of those titles are shady as, it doesn't make you less a fan but an honest one.

maybe you are too young to remember ....but AEK were in deep financial crisis back in 1998..remember ENIC NEDMED.....They were bad times for AEK....

Well you can blame the Pontians for 2008.....

Nikolaidis did but somehow got branded a dog... Marinakis has done as much bad as any possible good

Demi got buried by his own......which makes it even more interesting...

I asked in another thread...had Demi got the 50k stadium built at ODDY 10 years ago would AEK be better or worse off today?

the resistance he met on this issue...is the reason why AEK/PAOK and Greek football in general is not progressing....these issues would not hinder progress in other football markets..