Phantis Forums

Friendly: Luxembourg-Greece(13 Nov 2015, Stade Municipal, Differdange)

Omonoia9

Is the Skibb talking his team up about the first 60 mins, or are some of the posters on the forum too hard markers. Who is the most accurate. I read that the players were sub-par throughout the match. Is this just frustration from posters, cause if we won at the end, the team would of then been described by some as not so bad after-all, I reckon.

• Like it 1

Hey guys lets all go to Mykonos...

we cant depend on mitroglou to score , but he can score

Ninis --fetzfazidis --if healthy should be on the field .

And if samaras has a club he should be there too.

These players are better than most in Greece.

I'm tired of saying it but , we need to field our best players.

Why could ninis , not start this game ....

Edited by nasl
  • Like it 1

Managerial career[edit]

At the age of 22, he started his career as coach with Schalke 04 youth team.

Borussia Dortmund[edit]

In 1989, Skibbe became a youth coach for Borussia Dortmund. Skibbe became head coach of the reserve side on 1 July 1997 and head coach of the senior team on 1 July 1998.[1][2] Skibbe becoming the youngest head coach in the Bundesliga of all time at the age of 32. Skibbe was sacked on 6 February 2000.[3] Skibbe moved to the position of coordinator of the youth system of the club.

German national team[edit]

He gave up this post after being offered the position as director of the German national team. In 2000, he became its head coach.Rudi V?ller, however, made most of the decisions, but didn't have a coaching license and thus couldn't be the official head coach. After Germany was eliminated in the first round of UEFA Euro 2004, V?ller and Skibbe resigned from their positions. Skibbe was director of the youth system of the German Football Association from 24 August 2004 to 8 October 2005.

Bayer 04 Leverkusen[edit]

Skibbe became head coach of Bayer Leverkusen on 8 October 2005.[4] Skibbe was sacked from Bayer Leverkusen on 18 May 2008 after missing out on Europe.[5]

Galatasaray[edit]

On 11 June 2008 Skibbe agreed with the Turkish football club Galatasaray.[6] He won the Turkish Super Cup after a 2?1 victory against Kayserispor.[7][8] Galatasaray failed to qualify for the group stages of the UEFA Champions League after they lost 3?2 on aggregate to Steaua Bucuresti.[9] Skibbe was sacked from Galatasaray on 23 February 2009, after a heavy 5?2 loss to Kocaelispor.[10]

Eintracht Frankfurt[edit]

On 4 June 2009, Eintracht Frankfurt announced that Skibbe would succeed Friedhelm Funkel as head coach of the club.[11] On 22 March 2011, after a decline in the Bundesliga, Skibbe was sacked by the club.[12]

Eski?ehirspor[edit]

On 17 July 2011, Eski?ehirspor announced that Skibbe would succeed B?lent Uygun as head coach of the club.[13] On 27 December 2011, Skibbe's contract was dissolved to make way for his move to Hertha BSC.[14]

Hertha BSC[edit]

Skibbe was officially released from Eski?ehirspor to make way for his Hertha BSC move on 27 December 2011.[14] After five losses in five games with the team, Skibbe was sacked from Hertha BSC on 12 February 2012.[15]

Karab?kspor[edit]

On 17 May 2012, he was formally introduced as the new manager of Karab?kspor for 1+1 years.[16] Skibbe left the club on 5 November 2012.

Grasshopper Club Z?rich[edit]

On 15 June 2013, Skibbe was appointed as the new Grasshopper Club Z?rich, succeeding Uli Forte. In January 2015, his contract was terminated by mutual consent. The club's management met thereby Skibbe's desire of realignment.[17]

Return to Eski?ehirspor[edit]

On 12 January 2015, it was reported that Skibbe had taken over Turkish S?per Lig side Eski?ehirspor as the new manager. He had been coach of the club before in 2011 for six months.[18]

Greece[edit]

On 29 October 2015, the Hellenic Football Federation hired him as the new head coach of the national team. He was hired as the successor of Sergio Markari?n due to the team's unsuccessful qualification for UEFA Euro 2016.[19]

What in the world gave them the idea that he could succeed with us?

The common theme is becoming more evident that when Serg Markarian  took off Fetfa for Kats and the Skibb took off Pelkas for  Pirlo, they gave up trying to score, but tried to shut out these respective matches, but were not able to.We can't shut out a match cause international teams find ways to score anyway, they keep up the intensity. How can you have a team with Three DM on at the same time?!.<> Happened on multiple occasions. 

Same and wrong tactics from pedestrian coaching. What sort of Klappa does that ??!><

Edited by ausgreek

Paidia we are frustrated and perplexed but the ONLY thing we can do is remember that it was merely a friendly.

Ta idia s**** from the recent qualifiers. We either break this cycle or we do something drastic like play the entire Greek Panionios endekada. They at least would be competitive.

The next match versus the Turks is day 1.

Den paei allo.

I think ausgreek is correct. We play with too many defensive midfielders. We dont have balance and we play passively in general. Taxidis is too slow as well and not sure of his positioning plus we need a proper leader in the midfield. Samaris reads the game better than Taxidis. Maybe ditch all of them? We need someone that can take charge in the midfield. Maybe Papastathopoulos could fill that void until we do.

We do play well with Ninis on the team but he needs a good strong inspirational cm to support him or Fortounis. The key is balance.

As for attack we are very bad. Mitroglou is not good enough at this level. His wild mishitting is deplorable. Karelis is just a knuclehead. Is he full Greek ancestory out of curiosity? Looks like has a bit of Egyptian in him.

Guys skibb should be sacked after that performance last night! We have just lost to Luxembourg!!! Are you having a laugh! We need a good British coach to come in and teach us the basics, we have players coming through that can play, we just need a coach to get us organised

We've been through 3 coaches and an intern all with the same result. The real issue here is our players SUCK at least the ones we are fielding. I've said it before one win versus Hungary did not changed my mind about this team at all but as a coach you just saw the NT win its first game in how many months so what the F*** does Skibbe do instead of building on the positive which was a win and goal scoring he completely changes the line up. I'm Sorry but for that reason alone I don't feel confident in Skibbe. If I just got hired as a coach and i see the last game the NT played they won then of course Im Going to keep the same line up just to see what I have and make sure that the game was no fluke and see if I can build positives and chemistry around that victory. Im So deeply disgusted by the EPO our players and the coaches.

full game. we actually played really well and should have scored a few...

bad bad luck

1:29 - 2 great scoring chances 

Samaris was our best player on the pitch IMO and he was trying hard.

Edited by georgelaz

Along with Samaris. Holebas & Mitroglou amongst our best players. Mitroglou shot at least 3 shots on target top left/right corners. 

with ninis & fortounis both in the 11, I'm confident we'd do very well.

we absolutely dominated the game. we need creativity, in the midfield, which we have if we play the right players.

Edited by georgelaz

^georgelaz, i totally agree that samaris, holebas, and mitroglou were our best players...our worst were kpaps, vyntra, and tach

for whatever reason, kpaps has been spared criticism. he's in terrible form for club and country, which is concerning. fine, he was good in the air...but he kept getting SCHOOLED by the players of luxembourg. he got nutmegged and beat so many times. also, the player he was marking ended up scoring that goal. terrible defending, i hope he doesn't play against turkey 

• Like it 1