Phantis Forums

Greek Super League Game Topic

Guest PastMember

Alafouzo is fighting the system. Why was the ref of our 1st match given a poor score? Is it because he called our match 50/50 and dared reward us with a legit penalty? Funny how that happens despite the fact that we dominated possession and played our opponent off the field. (Unlike you guys who struggled vs a piss poor Irakli...) Afta den ta blepoume? 

I believe that is going tit for tat.

and if Alafouzos is to be prosecuted "for bringing the game into disrepute", what of Baggela then? What punishment fits the bill for: match fixing, illegal betting, money laundering, drug trafficking, bombing businesses, threatening people, bribery, and all the rest? (You know, that whole organized criminal organization thing). Who am I kidding, nothing will happen... this is Greece after all... At least the English told him to take his baggage and take a hike...

• Like it 2

Another disgusting display against apoel 2nd half in particular. This team has no identity, awful defence, very little creativity in midfield and no firepower to scare even a european minnow. Half of tonights starting 11 are not fit to be at the club, how the f does da costa still a game? Anyway bento wont survive a 3rd loss in a row, i see a 0-1 against aek as well.

Yes i know we hit the post and had 2 chances cleared off the line and the apoel keeper made 1-2 excellent saves but the performance was so disjointed it got exactly what it deserved and thats a defeat.

I only saw the first half, but I thought the team looked pretty good. Defence again is not our strongest line and basically from what I heard and saw the Cypriots converted their only chance, congrats to them, but really they were lucky to not get spanked. We hit 3 posts and created plenty of good chances. The team had a messy pre season, but we look like we are on the right track to me. I can see us making a break out performance vs Aek this weekend, let's see if I am right or if I will come down with a case of foot in mouth disease. 

5 hours ago, Reaper said:

APOEL brought a Golden Dawn banner to the stands and at the end sung the Greek national anthem, which was applauded by the Olympiacos fans.  A night to forget.

On sport-fm some caller who phoned in said the fans booed when the banner was raised, it was at the same time the substitution mix up happened.

3 minutes ago, ThrylosG7 said:

Regarding the chances - apart from Ideyes header that was cleared off the line...the others were crosses that went wrong.

And Ideye's goal that was a late offside call? You are not remembering the game well, just in the first half we could have scored 3 "gia plaka".

2 minutes ago, ThrylosG7 said:

Maybe I'm looking at it from a more pessimistic view point which I why i thought we were average at best

Fortounis could have scored himself as well in the first if he would have placed his shot instead of firing it on the defender, the net was wide open for him.

Bento is a coach of dubious merit. The guy has a name as an ex-Portugal international and until being fired and replaced by Santos he was dire for Portugal.

I never liked him but I would be prepared to give him time. Why sack him now?

The 3 managers that Olympiacos have had recently that I do rate and have shown that they have an idea are Valverde, Michel and Jardim. 

Jardim was let go because the fans wanted to see "pretty" football and since then he's made a name for himself at Sporting and currently at Monaco where he continues to play CL.

To even think of changes coaches again this season is INSANE, it would set us back to square one. Bento may not be the right choice (its still too early to say), the team needs some stability and needs to find some rhythm and cohesion. To me it looks like we are getting there. I might be dead wrong but we can't keep changing coaches every time we lose a match or two.

We need to seriously look for a capable young hungry coach who knows the circus he will be coming to and that has the talent and balls to sit here for 2-3 years and build a serious team with an identity and character, that will play attacking soccer and have some "egoismo" and will not swallow loosing at home to apoel's or being knocked out from beer sheevas. 

It's not so easy, but nothing that has value is. Get it done re Proedre, enough of the revolving door. Show us what an "Olympiakara" you are, and close some chatty Patty's mouths.

• Like it 1

Sollied was just a bad fit for our soccer culture, we need a coach with a strong character and thick skin, the press and the peanut gallery eat up coaches like Sollied like rappers at a backyard bbq at the first slip up. 

2 minutes ago, NickTheGreek said:

As a PAO fan I had a lot of respect for Michel. Marinakis is the biggest problem for the league and your club.

I liked Michel a lot too, but I think he might have lost the locker room that final year, something was just not right with the team.

If you can elaborate on why Marinaki is bad for the club, I will listen to your thoughts. Honestly though, I don't see that, he runs the club in a very professional manner for the most part, even though he did screw the pooch this summer in a big way. But there is no other patron in the Greek league I would trade him for, I think all fans will agree on that as well.

16 minutes ago, Pana97 said:

And honestly, please don't take this to heart guys, but I think now that the league is getting a little better in terms of referees we are seeing that Oly sometimes struggle without the extra foul or two. 

You might be right, I'm not going to speak on that now, but how many of Olympiakos' Greek league games did you see this year? I mean even if you've watched every minute, that's 3 games, from which we dropped points in one. You might be right, but I think at this point in time you might be jumping the gun.

1 minute ago, NickTheGreek said:

Well firstly we'll never agree on his off field antics and criminal activities but keeping it strictly to football you hit the jackpot with Michel. Genuine question - why did he go? If he was forced out the person responsible needs to go asap. You also had quality players - Mitroglou, Manolas, etc that were inadequately replaced. If Berg was sold I'd be filthy, even more so if he was to be replaced with a touvlo.

Michel was not as good I think his last year, as for replacing Mitroglou and Manolas, you are not wrong, but you know it is easy to sell, not always easy to find a good replacement, but I guess Marinaki could have done better, I'll give you the win on that. But overall, he is better (head and shoulders) than every single one of his peers in the league. If you want to argue otherwise, the floor is yours.

• Tzatziki changed the title to Greek Super League Game Topic
  • Tzatziki pinned this topic
  • Tzatziki unpinned this topic