Phantis Forums

Europa Play-Offs PAO-Qabala 2nd leg 27/08/2015 21:00

Gamiseta mas re Lamiara. Like my 63 years old mother set in her own old ways

Shame on you for even bringing the family's name back into the conversation

It's frustrating for all of us that we didn't quality. We have a good chance to get to Europa now and we MUST make it and ALSO play well.

Hope we learned from our mistakes now because there are no other mistakes to be made and this is a very crucial year for us.

Team has showed progress over the past 3 years any way you want to see it. Some were talking about relegation the first year........

The transfers made are good but who expected all 6 to start during the first 2 game of the season. Had we lost again some would have blamed Anastasiou again for starting all 6 causing disruption to the team kai m*****es toumbana. Truth be told that he has big responsibility for how the team looked after the 2-0 with no plan B and fighting spirit.

Alafouzos has been delivering what he has promised. You like it or not. I said last year that this summer you and I could call for his head but he has forked our some money. Is it enough? No. But do you expect him to spend 15-20 million when the Greek league is corrupt( things are changing - trust me and you will see soon) and a CL spot is not guaranteed
Some Oly fans will spew venom of course for OBVIOUS reasons

Restart

Aug 20th

• Like it 2

For the record, Alafouzos isn't PAO's official owner. He's a caretaker (even though he's put in a good chunk of money himself to save the team a few years ago). He could leave tomorrow and PAO would be in the shitter.

The reality is Alafouzos saved this club from the abyss. He stayed when everyone else jumped ship, proclaimed himself the de facto equivalent of the Troika and cleaned up PAO's financial situation.

He has made mistakes. But he's admitted those mistakes as well. He's said he knows nothing about soccer and put people in charge of making the soccer decisions.

It's disappointing that PAO didn't qualify this week but ultimately it's not the end of the world. Just a slight detour. This has always been a project from the start. This is year 3 of Anastasiou. I'd like to use what he can do with the team when everyone is healthy and established. It's still very early inext the season and there isn't any real cohesion yet. I think ultimately we are going to have a very good team this year.

• Like it 2

^^Stay with the Status Quo then!

Have alafouzo tell you how great you will be collecting 3ares from some club brugge?!

The outlook looks great according to him?!

We will beat gayro twice this year but we will finish 2nd or 3rd since we won't be able to overcome superpowers named?panthrax,levadiakos,platanias,xanthi and panionios?!

We will definitely finish 1st in the upcoming playoffs?but when it comes to winning a spot in the next year's CL group stage?we will blow it against another club brugge like?!

HOW F@CKIN WONDERFUL!

WE WILL REPEAT THAT FOR THE NEXT?WHO KNOWS HOW MANY YEARS UNDER THE ALAFOUZOS REIGN!

I suppose you are very content with that my IMMATURE little friend?(do not compare me to your 63 year old mom)!

alafouzos won't give you anything more that the above! PUT THAT IN YOUR LITTLE BRAIN!

PANATHINAIKOS is not destined to be playing preliminary rounds for EL!

We are destined to be in the CL group final stages!

Ntropi sou aliti!! You are lucky I didn't compare you to my 68 year old dad !! :D

The positive thing is that ONLY you have called his name after all these years. It's a very good thing that the likes of you are very few and between

It's very disappointing Lamiara....I wanted to ask a question to Grkfreezer....If PAO wins the league by some miracle....Is it possible for PAO to be left out of the CL, and the gavros who will lets say finish 2, find the money and qualify for CL....If that's a possibility....Next year could even be more of a disaster....imagine winning the title, and the gavros getting into the CL and collecting the 30 million....and PAO 4....now that might not be possible because the second place might not be able to qualify....Just asking.

Im pretty sure there is only one "cl" spot... not two... so even though u qualify there is only one team that competes for cl cash

Let's get back to the game itself Anastasiou and players know full well this is a MUST win for us I have no clue who Qabala is nor do I care I want 2 wins and group stage nothing less. We got 2 weeks before the first game I am really hoping Nano is back healthy not having his runs down the left hurt us put pranj up on left mid leave Koutroubi on the bench and start Steele. Sanchez got 2 games so he is out also there Captain is suspended for this game.

.........................Steele

Wemmer...........Tav............30..........Nano

......Zeka............lagos.............Pranj

.................Ninis

..........Berg..............Karelis

Qabala is a team from Azerbaijan that just beat Apollonas Limassol. Should be ok for PAO.

i don't like the idea of pranjic going back to midfield too lazy won't run enough!!...he played amazing at lb.. let it be!..don't fix what isn't broken :)

Actually pranjic (33 years old mind you) has been our hardest runner so far. I'm not sure if the change in position has prompted this but he is up there with zeca.

Looking back, three out of the four brugge goals did come from his side but what do you expect him to do, not get forward? Especially in a system that lacks wingers.... A good side should provide cover. For instance, when your fullback gets forward, one of your CM should rotate over to the touch line to cover. Perhaps asking your DM to push back into the defense line? You can also instruct your fullbacks to take turns getting forward, therefore we always have three at the back.

Regardless of how you decide to provide cover, al this is to be rehearsed on the training ground. It doesn't help also when 3/4 players in your backline are either new additions or haven't played there before. I don't think enough emphasis was put on 'how the lack of cohesion at the back' might cost us against a side like brugge.

For pranjic though i think he has hit the ground running (literally), he was always decent with his performances but i think this season, regardless of where he plays, he is willing to step it up a gear.

if pranjic plays midfield what was the point in signing lod?..im still saying please let pranjic be at lb i like how his started i think hel adapt to the defensive system we employ remember this is natural preferred playing position..don't get me wrong i like nano but id like to see alot of this lod character my instinct tells me his promising!

Turkish flags? Let's crush these Borats!!

Ughh... this whole nationalistic thing is so retarded....

First off, its stupid for them to bring turkish flags to the game given they have absolutely no real connection to turkey aside from possibily "pissing us off"

Second... disappointing that our fans are still buying into this crap....  this whole deep rooted "hatred" between Turks and Greeks needs to end...  There are plenty of good Turks out there (and plenty of assholes too).. and same can be said about Greeks....    At the end of the day, we are all the same s%$#!....  Everyone poops....   These deep rooted rivalries are in the past... and the quicker we move on... the better... 

It's good to remember the past from time to time, to know wher eyou came from... but it shouldnt' affect how we view one another 

• Like it 1

Good for you Freezer!

First off, I'm a firm believer that sports and politics don't mix. So why should I accept it when it happens in this case vs my country of ancestry? Is that not politically incorrect?

I cannot accept that these farmadoroi would go out of their way just to offend us. You disagree? Good for you!

By crush I mean I want to see a big scoreline. As in playing them off the field. I never asked to re-occupy Constantinople..

Eisai oreos Freezer, when the Gavs made monkey sounds to Cisse, you were outraged, yet when the Borats will allegedly try to bring up old sensitive issues vs us, you're ok with it... LOL

When the Turks leave Cyprus, and start respecting our sovereign airspace and sea ways, I'll consider your optimistic view of how the world should be thank you very much.

Edited by Giourkas
  • Like it 3

When have I EVER been "on the fence"... I'm probably the most controversial poster on this forum

You can say what you want... but I"m not from their culture.. I dont know enough about them as a "people".. I have walked in their shoes to know or judge what they are or what they beleive.... thefore I treat them with respect and go on with my life

Call it what you want...  thats how i see things...  call it the "doctor" in me... who cares... its how i do things

First off, its stupid for them to bring turkish flags to the game given they have absolutely no real connection to turkey aside from possibily "pissing us off"

Second... disappointing that our fans are still buying into this crap.... this whole deep rooted "hatred" between Turks and Greeks needs to end... There are plenty of good Turks out there (and plenty of assholes too).. and same can be said about Greeks.... At the end of the day, we are all the same s%$#!.... Everyone poops.... These deep rooted rivalries are in the past... and the quicker we move on... the better...

It's good to remember the past from time to time, to know wher eyou came from... but it shouldnt' affect how we view one another

Umm..I'm not saying theoretically you don't have a point about the entire kiss and forget thing, but it's hard to accept that mentality in reality when you remember the Cyprus issue.

But I do agree with that mentality when talking about people as a whole, not their governments. Overall, everyone has good and bad people. I tend to believe there are more good people than bad. Those people ultimately are trying to make ends meet like us. It's the government that can go F*** itself.

I don't thing you are controversial at all

I'm always the one being called "misero" lol... I can be often found "highlighting" Olympiakos' efforts for the pure SOCCER discussion of it... I take stances on difficult issues and am not afraid to tip toe around issues regarding out squad, management or fans

Whether or not I have fans or no... I voice my opinion and make my stance known

Second... disappointing that our fans are still buying into this crap....  this whole deep rooted "hatred" between Turks and Greeks needs to end...  There are plenty of good Turks out there (and plenty of assholes too).. and same can be said about Greeks....    At the end of the day, we are all the same s%$#!....  Everyone poops....   These deep rooted rivalries are in the past... and the quicker we move on... the better... 

sorry...

you are very mistaken on one point at least....Azeri's have a very strong connection to Turkey....

they are essentially another Turkish nation...

• Like it 1

I'm always the one being called "misero" lol... I can be often found "highlighting" Olympiakos' efforts for the pure SOCCER discussion of it... I take stances on difficult issues and am not afraid to tip toe around issues regarding out squad, management or fans

Whether or not I have fans or no... I voice my opinion and make my stance known

What difficult issues exactly you took stances on? That Tzigger was not going to leave us? That the poreia would have 5K fans at max? That we should worry about getting relegated? That Essien is a flop? Thats kaltsas can't even ties Fortounis shoes ( forget all the rest you have said over the years and they are MANY)

What I think you try to do is be "different". I still enjoy reading you when you analyze games but you go way overboard at times with wanting to be different but we still like you!

What difficult issues exactly you took stances on? That Tzigger was not going to leave us? That the poreia would have 5K fans at max? That we should worry about getting relegated? That Essien is a flop? Thats kaltsas can't even ties Fortounis shoes ( forget all the rest you have said over the years and they are MANY)

What I think you try to do is be "different". I still enjoy reading you when you analyze games but you go way overboard at times with wanting to be different but we still like you!

Lol exactly... I just see him trying to be a neutral.. Thing is I hate olympiako so much all I want to do is talk crap about them like all of us