Phantis Forums

EL-QR2-L1: Lokomotiva Zagreb - PAOK FC (16-Jul-15, 21:00 GR)

Blackhawk

LokZagreb.jpg vsPAOK.jpg

MATCHUP:   NK Lokomotiva Zagreb - P.A.O.K. Thessaloniki

COMPETITION: Europa League ? Qualifying Round 2 ? Leg 1 

DATE:   16-July-2015

TIME:    21:00 GR  (18:00 GMT, 13:00 CDT, 04:00 AEST next day)

CITY/STADIUM:   Zagreb - Stadion Kranjceviceva (12,000)

REFEREES:  Yuri Mozharovsky - Yevhen Khalamendyk, Oleksandr Korniyko (All Ukraine) 

TELEVISION:   Novas Sport 2 (Greece), Arena Sport 1 (Croatia, Sebia, FYROM, Bosnia) 

Next Thursday we start our 2015-2016 European campaign, with a very early start against the Croatian side Lokomotiva Zagreb. On paper this should be an easy affair, and hopefully PAOK will be ready by next week in order to get a result that would make things easier at Toumba one week later.

My guess as to our starting lineup is simple - the same one that started last match. These are generally our strongest players (although I'd argue that Sotiris should start instead of Tzavellas). As Bananas noted, we've been using wingers instead of fullbacks as these wingbacks; I'm guessing that's not just so Tudor can check them out - he plans to actually start them. Even if Tziolis drops back to cover as a CB, I think this is a very aggressive lineup, as we're essentially playing with four wingers and one super-aggressive DM (Kace).

I think Salpi will definitely see some time, might even start. He's looked good each time he's played in our friendlies, and he's the only CF we actually have out there. Mistikidis might be an option to start over Mak as well.

CJjkh_NW8AA_w8m.jpg

• Like it 1

Good thing Salpi is a true forward.

3 CBs:

--Olsen--

--Vitor--Costa--Tzavellas--

--Kitsiou--Tziolis--Pelkas--Kace--Mak--

--Mistikidis--Salpi--

2 CBs:

--Olsen--

--Skondras--Vitor--Costa--Rat--

--Tziolis--Kace--

--Mistikidis--Pelkas--Mak--

--Salpi--

Where is Konstantinidis in all of this? Is he with one of the NT youth teams? If not, interesting that Kitsiou has found a new lease with Tudor. Frankly I like that we have three dudes in such competition for that spot.

Konstantinidis has been injured since the end of last season. He has only started full practices only few days ago.

I like you lineups pash with only one change. I think Charisis should get a start. He has been great so far.

• Like it 1

Idk why you guys are all focused on Skondras (who's s%$#!) and Konstantinidis (who's not good but still young).RE YOU GUYS HAVE KITSIOU!!! He's better than both and he's young! I'm I the only one who see's his potential? Also u guys should definetly try koulouis upfront now that klaus is injured. Koulouris is another great youngster

Edited by Ethnikos

Look how many good young Greeks PAOK has:

Pelkas

Charisis

Korovesis

Mystakidis

Koulouris

Kitsiou

Players like Lucas (even though they're good) should F*** off because they don't play for the fanela. If he wants to play for his shitty BBVA team then let him. The bottom line is he'll never play with passion. Lastly, somebody needs to sign Goutas from Xanthi. Any news on him?

Skondras repeatedly showed last season than he's better than the others. Two season ago, I did not like him.

Kitsiou, while great two season ago, was invisible last season until the last few games.

Konstantinidis is going to be great one day.

Long story short, I like all three players. This is a good thing. Would agree on Koulouris, too bad we won't have him available for the qualifiers.

Kitsiou and Skondras are different sort of players.  Kitsiou is definitely a better attacker than Skondras, and Skondras is definitely a better defender.  Skondras can only really player anywhere in the back line, and is versatile along there.  He can play as a CB or LB if required.  He's more rugged and aggressive.  Kitsiou can play almost as a right mid, albeit not a superb one.  I would say his natural position is a wing back, and the 3-5-2 suits him perfectly, as he then has cover behind him.  Kitsiou can also play in the middle if required.  Konstantinidis, I'm not so sure about ...

I don't think Koulouris is ready yet.  If he was, well, it would've shown last year.  He probably needs to go on loan and get some game time under his belt.  Then again, he might be better off training under Tudor.

I think Skondras is fine offensively - he had more than his share of assists and served as a big driver of our attack repeatedly. I do agree that Kitsiou is more offensively minded, though. If we play 3 at the back, then Kitsiou makes more sense to start.

• Like it 1

Lastly, somebody needs to sign Goutas from Xanthi. Any news on him?

Goutas signed with Olympiakos, and will promptly be loaned out to one of the satellites. He showed some promise with Xanthi, but going to Olympiakos is a double edged sword.

Tomorrow I see this lineup:

----------------- Olson -------------

Skondras - Vitor - Costa - Rat

------- Kace --------- Tziolis -----

Kitsiou ----- Pelkas ------- Mak

------------ Salpiggidis -----------

If Rat is not ready than I see Tzavellas as left back. I don't see Tudor going with 3-5-2 formation in this game. maybe at Toumba depending on the result tomorrow.

Here is the official lineup:

------------------- Olson ----------------

--- Vitor --- Costa ---- Tzavellas ---

Skondras - Kace - Tziolis - Kitsiou

--- Pelkas ----- Salpi ------- Mak ---

Apparently Tudor will start Kitsiou on the left side, but I see him moving to the right with Skondras going left. We'll see during the game.