Phantis Forums

Preseason 2015

Accor6

We have been for THREE YEARS!

Don't you think that's enough?

This FIASCO of a team inder this coach is going NOWHERE any time soon!

Boys, this is PANATHINAIKOS WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!

This is not panthrax,asteras or Pera Raxoula Kolopetinitsas...!

We need a MAJOR SHAKEUP!

We cannot afford as PANATHINAIKOS to bend over...every time we face foreign INSIGNIFICANT opposition!

I cannot stomach being eliminated by a club brugge side!

This needs to stop!

#Ellinaras. Always wanting to cut corners and to skip right to the front.

Sometimes it takes time. We are still in a rut economically. You can't go from a borderline bankrupt club trying to stay afloat to competing for championship/euro success overnight. Losing to Brugge sucks but s%$#! happens. It's still August. A lot can happen until next summer.

• Like it 1

You don't know me to call me ellinara who is willing to cut corners to get somewhere!

I realize it takes time,but for a club the Panathinaikos magnitude 3 years of this crup is very exessive!

People who know what this team can achieve and can offer, are besides themselves with the status quo.

H kalli mera fainetai apo to proi!

We are already eliminated from a major European competition and who knows what's ahead for this club?

I did not bring up any family!

I am talking about all the rich Panathinaikares who have left!

This team had 32,000 season ticket holders 4 years ago!

We are at a point that we cannot attract 10,000!

What the hell happened?

Where are these people who were willng to fill an OAKA at a minute's moment?

This current situation DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY CROWDS OF THAT MAGNITUDE!

Panathinaikos fans want to see an owner with DEEP POCKETS to be attructed!

They do not want to see misery and demice! They are used to the GLORY DAYS OF THE PAST!

They do not deserve the current situation!

I highly doubt it,

Which playoffs are you referring to? This year or the previous? I'm talking about the summer we got beat by standard. Later on in the second half of the season, we were the fittest side, were we not?

These playoffs that just occurred, i couldn't agree more. In fact when people started praising koutroubis and ninis, i was the first one to comment on how dead the opposition were.

I'm not referring to the 1st playoffs... During the 1st playoffs... we were unbeatable... the form that the team achieved was UNREAL.... TRULY ENJOYED watching that team do MAGIC

2nd playoffs.. we looked good b/c our opposition was absolutely depleted

You name me what was wrong in mine? :P

You can't say our team was "lucky". That is horse s%$#!. The League was lucky Berg was out to start last season. That is the best striker by far gone for weeks on end. And when he came back, how long did it take him to hit his stride? Yup.. And somehow, up until our convincing win vs the Gavs, (when the corrupt system took over yet again), we were by far the hottest team in the 2nd half.. And then came point deductions, suspensions and what not. Yes some guys rested, (why not if you're not allowed to compete fair and square), yet others stepped up as well for the playoffs: Ninis looked the role of an offensive maestro and developed instant synergy with Berg, Mavrias added another dimension on the wing and was whipping 1 beautiful cross after another. Karelis continued his rise to fulfilling his full potential and the team on D led by Steel, Kavla, and Gordo kept blanking the opposition. I don't care what form PAOK, Atromitos and Asteras had.. We would beat them no matter what. Lest we forget that if the Protathlima was decided by the games between the top 5-6 teams PAO would of run away from it a clear winner...

I suggest you stop reading pro-gav propaganda on toilet sites like contra (who are more than happy not to report anything about heroin smuggling) and watch your team and give credit where it's due. And despite the lack of budget, our boys led by Anastasiou continue to do us proud. As you like to say: Rome wasn't built in a day...

First off, I think your "overplaying" our form from the 2nd half... we had a decent run but it wasn't anywhere near the amazing spectacle you make it out to be..  

As for the playoffs,  I will repeat myself... we only looked good b/c our team was playing against DEAD opposition.... If i was to suit up for these games against the likes of Atromito, Astera and PAOK (in the shape that they were)... I'd look like an all-Star with Real Madrid and Barcelona eyeing for my signature

When push comes to shove and you face real opposition.. you see what real quality you possess...  Ala Koutroubi acting like a fool in the Brugge games, whereas he acted like the next Makelele or Viera

I did not bring up any family!

I am talking about all the rich Panathinaikares who have left!

This team had 32,000 season ticket holders 4 years ago!

We are at a point that we cannot attract 10,000!

What the hell happened?

Where are these people who were willng to fill an OAKA at a minute's moment?

This current situation DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY CROWDS OF THAT MAGNITUDE!

Panathinaikos fans want to see an owner with DEEP POCKETS to be attructed!

They do not want to see misery and demice! They are used to the GLORY DAYS OF THE PAST!

They do not deserve the current situation!

I will agree with you at one point.... its really sad that we have so little season ticket holders.... yet the gavro has 17,000 already... and thats with barely any signings.. half their players leaving... they brought an aging cambiasso and they almost have double what we have....

In that way its sad

its never really been this much of a disparity....

They usually get somewhere near 12-15k... this year they've seen a MASSIVE increase in their ticket sales despite Greece's economic situation

Its even sad that AEK has more people attending their friendlies than we do at our regular matches....   Something stinks here... don't know what

• 3 weeks later...

The gavro mainly only leaks goals against the better sides of the league.... whereas we leak goals against Qabala....   I dont see us having a superior defense than they do... not to say they have killers... its just that our defensive chemistry is THAT bad

As for Kaltsa... I see his ass being nailed to the bench for large parts of the season

• 2 weeks later...

this youngster lambrou has scored something like 20 goals for the under 17s last season,the kid has it,its up to the coaching staff to bring him along and develop him,this was the whole plan 3 yrs ago develop youngsters and we have ended up with a team of old age pensioners.

we are begging for our academy to develop a goal scorer and a creative midfielder,if they cant bring this kid up to scratch then something is very very wrong.

• Like it 1

the job of the coaching staff at the academy is ,if they have a talented player he should be ready for first team football between the ages of 18-20 yrs of age.

if the kid is scoring goals then he has talent,its the job of the coaching staff ,to keep him scoring goals ,develop those goal scoring instincts and help him make the jump from youth football to mens football,this is why they get payed,and if the kid struggled its their job to sort him out ,sometimes you might have to work at bringing the best out of some of these kids it doesn't happen by accident.

• Like it 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...