Phantis Forums

Michael Essien

Accor6

We have a blend of both youth and experience. This season we signed three young guys and three veterans. Also anastasiou gives plenty of chances to the younger guys and has even shown patience with the likes of donis, aja etc

• Like it 1

starting 11

steele-

wemmer

nano

tavla

sanchez-

lagos

zeca

ninis or lod

kaltsas

karelis

berg

their is a ton of experience in that starting 11 do we need a couple of slow ,lazy 34 yr olds in their? as for the bench ,you have klonaridi,thelander,koutroubis,ajagun etc

all I said was he is going under the knife,i read it on prasine nea.whats the problem?

anyway you started the whole thing ,I was posting about the essien transfer and how I didn't think it was a good idea and you wanted to be smart and post how he will shut me up like petric did,all of a sudden your tired of me carrying on about 34 yr olds ,when you were the one that started it.

if you don't like certain posts you should let everyone know before hand ,so that we can only post things that you agree with and like.

here are the facts essien is going into surgery ,how long will he be out for,freezer is a doctor he can tell us,and then how long before he is actually fit to play?and how much is he getting paid in the mean time while he is out injured.?

what do you want me to say? what a great transfer we made?

Edited by Asteras

all I said was he is going under the knife,i read it on prasine nea.whats the problem?

anyway you started the whole thing ,I was posting about the essien transfer and how I didn't think it was a good idea and you wanted to be smart and post how he will shut me up like petric did,all of a sudden your tired of me carrying on about 34 yr olds ,when you were the one that started it.

if you don't like certain posts you should let everyone know before hand ,so that we can only post things that you agree with and like.

here are the facts essien is going into surgery ,how long will he be out for,freezer is a doctor he can tell us,and then how long before he is actually fit to play?and how much is he getting paid in the mean time while he is out injured.?

what do you want me to say? what a great transfer we made?

Well for starters Alafouzos had announced that last week that Essien was going to be out 4-6 weeks

I have not started one thing. You have been ranting about 34 year old's from last season. As if a 50 year old can't f***!  CAN YOU??

A 34 year old Petric who from the majority of the consensus was one of our most valuable players last year. But that is not enough because he is 34 and again not enough because he has not done it in Europe and yet not good enough because he is taking younger prospects roster spots then yet again because he is making lots of money when at the same time you praise $800,000 Euros Totse who was no better ONE BIT than Petric. You can't have both the pita and the kerasi

Never told you to say he is a great transfer; we don't know how he is going to pan out with PAO but let him touch the ball first before you crucify him. For what is worth his presence have lured others to come and the members at Panathinaiki summaxia are going SUPER well amid all the economic calamities this country is facing

So let's leave our personal bias out of this and let the player show us what he got

What do you want me to do, sit around and don't respond to your negative criticism over and over again?

DOC...Your input??

• Like it 1

starting 11

steele-

wemmer

nano

tavla

sanchez-

lagos

zeca

ninis or lod

kaltsas

karelis

berg

their is a ton of experience in that starting 11 do we need a couple of slow ,lazy 34 yr olds in their? as for the bench ,you have klonaridi,thelander,koutroubis,ajagun etc

Klonaridis is nothing more than a substitute or spot starter. He's been on the team 2 years now and hasn't really impressed. Thelander is coming off injury and is being eased in. Currently he is blocked by Tavlaridis who was our best defender last year and one of the leaders of the team. I expect Thelander to get thr starting gig next year. The rest of the young players (Atzagun, Donis, etc) don't justify a response because they are nothing more than squad players and haven't made the best of their opportunities. None of them deserve to start over the players like Petric or Pranjic unless it's due to injury or a rotation for a cup game. Just because they are younger doesn't mean they should be starting.
  • Like it 1

So my input on the Essien operation....

Well to be honest... they aren't really giving me much info to work with...  All they are saying is an abdominal surgery (most likey in the abdominal rectus)...

Now typically...  abdominal surgeries are pretty low risk and most people (general people like you and me) can be back on their feet and back to normal within a week or less...   

Essien isn't a typical person like you and me... he's an athlete that requires the use of his abdominal muscles MUCH MUCH MUCH more than people like me and you who require them at a much less strenuous capacity...

For athletes, the "healing" time usually takes a bit longer... 2-3 weeks at least...  and the problem with abdominal surgeries is that you typically reinjure the area VERY frequently b/c your CONSTANTLY using the muscle and not letting it rest/heal fully... your using them to walk, run, sit up, bend over, lean, kick, jump, cough, s%$#!... your almost constantly using your rectus muscles for everything 

So I agree he should be "healed" from that in about a month... however, he will need to start "training camp" all over... since his fitness will be 0... so tack on about another 3 weeks... another 2 weeks to assimilate into the team... we wont' be seeing Essien till end of August-early September

This could all change, b/c I dont have all the neccesary info to know what exactly essien is getting done.... however, thats a pretty decent general description of what could happen

• Like it 2

The guy is a washed up and needs a 4 wheeler

He's been injured since March not July.

So his fakelo came you don't think they tried sorting it by physio in Italy? We are talking bout an injury here. So he gets physio Italy all these months(4 months). Signs in Greece goes on more physio and a month later they deem he needs an op. No s%$#! Charlie all I've seen till now is his smiling face photos in prasina nea with the others.

Cocksta...

Actually... yes I do...

Why do think no one else wanted him...

Essien is still a pretty big name for any decent European league... yes he's 32 but its still a relatively decent/good pickup on a mid table Italian/German/Spanish

He should have still gotten offers from them... instead he got offers from us and the MLS.... and the MLS never really followed up with their offer, so the only real offer he had was from us

When we had 2000 people show up at the airport to greet the guy...flying in on a pvt jet... without him putting pen to paper.... ITS EXTREMELY HARD TO TURN THE GUY AWAY

The guy was signed once he stepped foot out of the plane...

The fans had made there stance known.. and there was absolutely NO WAY you could say "no" to him now....

All this talk about "physicals" was just 'talk" as a "breakdown of talks due to failing to pass a physical" would have caused MAJOR BACKLASH from the fans... harmed panathinaiki symmaxia and harmed our ticket sales...

Everyone would have though that Alafouzo changed the deal on him or whatever... even if the real reason was a failed physical

Bottom line...  we just have to make the best out of it...

We had the luxury of saying "no" to Alafaro b/c no one knew who he was... he was a nobody that had a decent youtube profile... big deal

You coudln't say "no" to Essien when he is the last "big name" player in 5 years that we brought to the team

We got suckered into this one boys....  Bad business....  At 32 with these abdominal issues and surgery... and a guy who uses tenacity to establish his game...  the omens do NOT bode well for this signing.......

What i hate the most... is not so much that we signed Essien... but that we spent the money that we could have used for other players that would have made a known impact... Like Abeid....

• Like it 3

Sorry for being pessimistic

I respect everyone's opinion and visa versa

That's why our forum is great. Id like to see Greekaus opinion on this. Has he arranged the 4 wheeler Essien will drive on the field with adequate battery capacity to last 90 mins

Edited by Spirtto13

Grkfreezer624 don't you think the MLS clubs that made offers pulled out as the new he was injured? Essien is a big name but so far has proved to be a big mistake by signing him injured in my opinion.

Personally I hope he gets fit asap and gets on the field for PAO as he is a player that can help you guys a lot.

It also lifts the Greek League by having his name there, it can attract more players in time to come.

How do you think you guys will fair up against Brugge in CL?

The way freez broke it down, it sounds like there's a good chance he could re-injure himself. Alafouzos and co. knew the risk the were taking. Let's hope he can come back and contribute. If not, we cut our losses, he's not the first or the last.

I have a bad feeling about this signing.....

Seen it before, big money paid, injury prone ex-star, hardly plays a game, leaves club with a lot of money for very little contribution (see Julio Cezar, Flavio Conceicao in the past).

Hope I'm wrong.