Phantis Forums

Panathinaiko Kafenio

Guest PastMember

Told you guys the PL is a different animal. You can't take one day off against anyone or you will drop points. English clubs can't pace themselves out and focus on CL midweek matches as to why they all fail in that competition in recents years.

OLY deserved their win in London , right place right time.

When PAO won at Inter 1-0 like 5 years ago did they not deserve the win or put in a top class performance that night ?

I don't believe anyone said they didn't deserve it...

I for one found it amusing reading stupid claims that their win in London ranked up there with PAO's great away wins in Europe. Or that Roberto is the greatest foreign goalkeeper to come to Greece (yeah right---->Wandzig) according to Gav-commentators.

Beating all those European teams mentioned above doesn't mean much when you don't go through in your group or atleast make a run to the semi finals of CL and Oly has had many attempts to do this and have failed each time. If you are content with beating juve & atletico and not going through in your group then that's a small mentality. As for united Oly beat them yet got knocked out in the reverse fixture. If Greek Football teams want to make a statement they need to be constantly going through in the group stages and at the least making 1/4 finals in CL.

As for the corruption we all know it goes on and whatever we say or think we cant change it, plain and simple, all I can hope for is my team goes out there each week plays football gets the results and hopefully put up a fight for the title and get a CL spot.