Phantis Forums

AEK Transfer Talk

george21

In Holland the media today say that Mulder will sign a two or three years contract. And that he will earn 300K a year (incl. bonusses).

I don't know your Anestis, but Mulder isn't a keeper that will grab extra points for you guys.

And if you get a EL-spot (or more) he will be suspended due to a red card against AS Roma........ While he was sitting on the bench.

I hope this guy can help us. It has been WAYYYYYYY too long since we've had a decent goalie. Anesti shivers , makes his teammates shiver, and makes us shiver, whenever he is close to the ball. Kostantopoulo was the worst goalie in AEK history costing us at least 3-4 games our last season in the Superleague. Saja was a piece of s%$#!, who was betting on our games and fixing them. Arabatzi had heart, great guy, but ultimately made silly mistakes as well. Macho was actually the last decent goalie we ever had. Moretto shares first place for worst goalie in our history along with Dimi. Lukac and Moschano we never even saw. Sorentino was pretty much the last great goalie we've had. One decent goalie and one great goalie in a span of over 10 years  -_- I'm not even going to go into the bi-polar nature of Xioti who one week was world class goalie and the next was terrible. We REALLY need to find a good goalie again if we plan on contending for the title. 

Apparently looking at Brazilian 'Charles'.

Got 32 goals in 44 games for Almeria in the 2nd division in the 2012-13 season earning them promotion through play-offs.

Following season he went to Celta, and managed 12 goals in 32 games in La Liga, mainly because they had another striker and most of his appearances were from the bench.

31, not to sure. Could possibly kill it in the SL however?

Edited by Dikefale11

In Holland the media today say that Mulder will sign a two or three years contract. And that he will earn 300K a year (incl. bonusses).

I don't know your Anestis, but Mulder isn't a keeper that will grab extra points for you guys.

And if you get a EL-spot (or more) he will be suspended due to a red card against AS Roma........ While he was sitting on the bench.

Do you have any more infor on him? Like his strengths and weaknesses? Is he worth his contract in your opinion? Thanks in advance.

Djebour rumors again starting... At least this time he's on form for Apoel. And this time the reports says he's "changed" and he's no longer a piece of s%$#! like last time... I still think these Djebour rumors are BS. I would only bring him back for a depth option. I wouldnt mind having Aravidis Djebour Chrisantus to back up a top striker...

Ideally for next year:

Mulder

Bakakis Kolovetsios Tzanetopoulos Signing

Johansen Simoes

Signing Mantalos Signing

Signing

The playoffs have exposed Barbosa and Platellas on the wings. We don't have a solid LB, and I believe that we really do need a striker that's a killer and will get us 15-20 goals a year.

We should also look into a backup RB and dekari. Anyone remember De Vicenti from Pas? Well he ended up at Apoel, if he's anything like his PAS days he would be a great backup to Mantalos and fill in while he's out.

Original,

Mulder is a decent keeper, but nothing more that that. He is tall: 1.93 m. so that's allright for a keeper. He has good reflexes but can not play football like lets say Manuel Neuer. This is the reason why Feyenoord bought Kenneth Vermeer from rivals Ajax. Vermeer also can play football like Neuer. Mulder has not played a single match since Vermeer turned up.

Mulder has played 118 matches for Feyenoord in the Dutch Eredivisie and a only a few European games as Feyenoord failed to qualify in his early years at Feyenoord. So he has experience that lots of keepers lack in other European competitions at the age of 26.

He is not a good coacher for his defence. And I doubt he will do so in a foreign country. As he is a quiet guy.

Compared to Itandje or Glykos of PAOK (the only team I see a lot of games of) Mulder is way better. As for the other Greek teams: I saw Steel and Roberto only two games and I did not like them either. So in that way I think Mulder would be a upgrade for AEK (and SL)

• Like it 1

^exactly Dutch Eagle , summed it up well. he played in the beginning of the season but conceded to many goals that he could have saved and didnt always looked good. especially in european matches the season before that he did well. heerenveen also interested in him reports say.

here some stats from him this season.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/erwin-mulder/profil/spieler/56631

• Like it 1

http://n.aek365.gr/a-395711/o-oro-sto-sumbolaio-krisantou-pou-dinei-ton-apoluto-elegxo-sthn-aek.htm

Now this was smart. Management made every year in Chrisantus contract an option, he signed a 6month contract with an option for 1 more year, another option for one more year, and another option. We have full control over his deal and can release him this summer without compensation.

What do you guys think about him? I personally think he's not that bad, when he starts, but at the same time had he been better overall he would have started more often as well. I think the reason everyone is so unhappy with him is the fact that hes the best paid player on the team and in B division he hasn't taken the opportunity to show us something conclusive. Johanson came a little earlier than him and almost instantly showed his quality. The only thing that really bothers me is the fact that he doesn't look fit at all. In over one month with us, he hasn't shown the least bit of progress in his fitness levels, and still looks really top heavy. I feel like this picture says a A LOT:

e33a11c7100597815be97655c78f9d60_L.jpg

I'm indifferent, sure I would have liked him to have scored more but he did join at mid-season and not everybody copes well with that.

He has played in 12 games, started 4 of them and scored 3 times. Not a good record what so ever but also not the worst when you take into consideration when he joined.

I say we 100% be on the look out for another starting striker and keep Aravidis and Chrisantus there also. 

But the thing is, Chrisantus seems to be the type of player that plays off of confidence, and unless he is starting week in week out he wont improve.

It's up to Dellas if he thinks he has the potential to be #1 with a proper pre-season under his belt. He is only 24 after all.

In all honesty these players we are being linked with aren't enough for me, I see Oly going for players like Robinho and Vidic and PAO who are in a heap of debt going for Essien and we are going for no names, we saved money in 3rd division and 2nd division, we got good sponsorship money along the way, its time management start digging into their pockets and go for a few big names and no be afraid of spending $1 million on a player or two...that's my opinion...

Maybe they are going for bigger names and these names we are seeing are just being said to put other teams off, who knows, but for me its time we splash and sign a big name player, after all we want to win the league and with the current team we can challenge Oly as it showed in the Kypello but we need more to come in also as we are lacking depth...

I disagree. Bigger names, what do they mean in Greece? Look at all our 'big' names who have come to AEK to retire in the sun! Just because a player is not well know or a bug name at first (Blanco, Scocco, Johansen) doesn't mean they won't be good. We have to get out of this mentality of 'spending more'. We spend what we can afford to ensure our club operates as a legitimate business. How much money did we pay Gudjonsen per minute of playing time? Thousands!!! Yes, we need a few more players, however, I don't want to see us turn over our whole roster. Stick with predominantly Greeks who play for each other and for AEK!!!

• Like it 1

Damianos, we were linked with Hugo Almeida now he doesn't set the world on fire BUT he is known name and he can get a job done for us, that's the type of players we should be going for not players who are playing in 2nd division in Brazil and offering them $1 million a year or whatever it was....I agree with you on Gudjonsen he was a waste, I am not saying go out and spend millions just to say we spent money, but we do need a few elder, more experienced & foreign players to guide these youngsters around in SL. We have the best talents in Greece in our squad but it wont cut it expecting them to perform week in week out in SL, it wont be like B Ethniki, everyone will be out to F*** us next season.....

As Amorgos said Berg has been a freak in the SL and for me is the best striker right now in Greece, why cant we go out and get someone of similar talent?

The players we have been linked with some are over age and playing in lower leagues which doesn't cut it for us in my opinion...