Phantis Forums

AZ vs Olympiakos

Euro2004

Even Olympiakos win tonight and Standard doesn't win at Arsenal then Olympiakos is through.

If Olympiakos draws and Standard doesn't win then Olympiakos will need a result against Arsenal to guarantee qualification.

If Olympiakos loses tonight then Olympiakos must beat Arsenal.

Personally I don't think Olympiakos can beat Arsenal, the best option is to play for the win tonight in my opinion

Ari IN

Holman OUT

Koeman has one change left. Zico still has made no changes after 80 minutes

Half the team are ordinary subs. Not sure if anyone from the bench could add anything to the team unless someone gets really tired.

0-0, bad result, draw needed with Arsenal which will be harder than a win from Alkmaar.

You are asuming that AZ will lose to Standard then! With this result they have still a spot in the Europa league to play for. Maybe they can muscle up a draw trying for the win =)

I am still very nervous for Olympiakos. Standard will beat AZ at home, i'm sure of that. Olympiakos need a point against a very fast Arsenal 2nd string, and make no mistakes Arsenal's 2nd team plays better football than Olympiakos. Anyone that has seen Arsenal in the domestic cup competitions will know that.

The team is likely to be something along the lines of:

....................................................Mannone.......................................................

Eboue........................Senderos.............................Silvestre........................Gibbs

..........................Ramsey................Diaby..............Merida..................................

Walcott.........................................Bentdner................................................Nasri

That team is more than capable of beating Olympiakos. Bravo cannot play in this game. Domi MUST start. Bravo will be torn apart by Walcott who is simply too fast. The game in London may have finished merely 2-0 but it could have been an awful lot more and don't think that this Arsenal team is different. They may lack the individual brilliance of Van Persie, Arshavin and Fabregas, but as a team they move the ball just as fluently and just as quickly. They are more than capable of winning and they'll be motivated because they'll want to win a first team place. I'm am very worried for Olympiakos.

At least you control your own fate, but you must tie or win against Arsenal. I wouldn't be resting though. Arsenal won't be easy to beat, even if they play their B team. I'm sure they have depth on their bench. Be careful.

Good luck.

I am still very nervous for Olympiakos. Standard will beat AZ at home, i'm sure of that. Olympiakos need a point against a very fast Arsenal 2nd string, and make no mistakes Arsenal's 2nd team plays better football than Olympiakos. Anyone that has seen Arsenal in the domestic cup competitions will know that.

The team is likely to be something along the lines of:

....................................................Mannone.......................................................

Eboue........................Senderos.............................Silvestre........................Gibbs

..........................Ramsey................Diaby..............Merida..................................

Walcott.........................................Bentdner................................................Nasri

That team is more than capable of beating Olympiakos. Bravo cannot play in this game. Domi MUST start. Bravo will be torn apart by Walcott who is simply too fast. The game in London may have finished merely 2-0 but it could have been an awful lot more and don't think that this Arsenal team is different. They may lack the individual brilliance of Van Persie, Arshavin and Fabregas, but as a team they move the ball just as fluently and just as quickly. They are more than capable of winning and they'll be motivated because they'll want to win a first team place. I'm am very worried for Olympiakos.

Don't be a typical Greek worry-wart, kakomoiri mou!

Ela topa... pies to xamomilaki sou kai ola 8a pane mia xapa!

Gang Banger Mitroglou is gonna pop a cap in these "nigguz"! :1eye:

:rolleyes: hopefully you're right and Olympiakos win.

There are some positives for Olympiakos. 2 matches before the game against Olympiakos, Arsenal will play Man City in the Carling Cup. That will be a similar team to the one that will face Olympiakos so a scouting mission will be useful.

Olympiakos vs Arsenal is on Wednesday and the following game will be on Sunday away at Liverpool so hopefully they'll have one eye on that

Archived