Phantis Forums

Sotirios Kyrgiakos (retired)

Ziaka

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though I know he would benefit greatly from a move to Italy, I think he should ride out his contract in Scotland. They've obviously grown attached to him and he seems to love playing for them as well. And after this whole fiasco over this past summer, I think these guys owe something to one another. I know, football is a business and loyalty is a thing of the past but still, I'd rather he stayed there for the duration of his contract.

That's the dilemma Batigol.........he only has a years contract.It will be up next summer.If Greece qualify for the World Cup and Soti is selected and performs well then there will be a lot of interest in him as a free agent again.If he continues to show good CL form then he will be a hot property come the winter transfer window and our club night wish to cash in.I do hope that doesn't happen and we get him signed for longer now.

True. I just hope that none of that success goes to his head like it did before. He (or maybe his agent) tried to play up his status after the SPL finished up and he was made to look like a stooge.

Anyway, here's hoping he continues to play well and impress the Ranger's faithful.

would anyone agree with me and say that sotirios is having a great time at rangers? did anyone see him perform against Inter mid-week? he was amazing, that block he did on Figo, WOW!!! :tup: :nw:

plus he has been scoring goals recently as well, which is another benefit for rangers. i think he was an excellent signing for them

• 3 weeks later...

A red card right at the end of Sunday's 0-0 draw with Dundee Utd for Kyrgiakos.It seems frustration with ineffective teamates got the better of him and he lost his discipline for a moment.I should say that his first yellow card was never a booking,so he can count himself unlucky to be sent off.Rodriguez and Soti are now combining very well in central defence...........I never thought 'd say that :D

Another dismal performance by Rangers,hopefully they'll raise another couple of gears for the CL on Wednesday.

Met Soto yesterday & his knee is fine after being taken off during CL Game.He has loads of bruises about him as Artmedia Bratislava weren't pulling shirts about,they were grabbing your body & twisting.Youch-wouldn't like to see what happens if he loses the nut with someone.

Despite Rangers Heroic Efforts over 90 mins we couldn't score against Bratislava.Their 6ft 6" Goallie put the shutters up & RFC had about 8 good chances to score.Personally I would have stuck a few shots through his legs for "nutmegs" & I hope the Rangers notice his weakspot before the away leg.

Cheers

ps Well done Pana against Barca,especially the young boy who had Ronaldhino in his back pocket!

& nae luck Olympiakos(again!)

• 3 weeks later...

A red card for Sotiris tonight as Rangers went down 2-0 away to Celtic in the quarter final of the CIS Cup. A goal in each half for Celtic, with Rangers keeper Stefan Klos at fault for both.

The first yellow was a bit unfortunate as Kyrgiakos seemed to catch the ball just before Celtic midfielder Petrov. Several needless challenges throughout the game made a red card look possible, but he received his second yellow for sarcastically applauding the referee when penalised for another foul tackle. Hasn't he seen Rooney or Beckham? :tdown:

The good news for the player is that he won't be banned from Rangers next match .................. away to Celtic in the league. Manager Alex McLeish's last match in charge? Very likely, I feel.

Soto was bullying Hartson which is always good to see.

Petrov conned the ref for Soti's first yellow(The lineman was not even going to raise his flag until the Ref whistled & pointed!)

Soti was (sarcastically)clapping a Celtic Fan,although the Ref took no chances that he was clapping him or a linesman & sent him off!

Overrall,Rangers did not play well,so bad as to make a very poor Celtic Team look good.Gave the ball away too easy,lacked any idea's,passion or fight.

Rangers deserved to be beaten & the "Rot" has set in at Ibrox!

Soti is the man for Europe,though.

What the hell has happened to Rangers this season?

Although they finished strongly last season, they were up against an ageing Celtic team, which needed strengthening. The fact that Rangers won 2 trophies shold not have made them complacent. The signings made during the close season were not of a high enough standard, and the results are now beginning to show.

One victory in their last 11 games is just not good enough for a club of that size.

The only word that I can think of to describe what has went wrong at Ibrox is "Pressure".

Pressure has got to both Alex McLeish & the Captain Barry Ferguson.

We could not get rid of Lovencrands because of High Wages,McLeish was forced to play his "best"team which included the little s%$#!,we have been unable to find someone to partner Prso upfront,Rot has set in & It has spread throughout the team.A couple of key players are injured also,particularly Thomas Buffel

Dado Prso may as well take the team shirts home to wash & Iron as he has done everything else for the Club.He is the one guy that I feel sorry for.

Soto is a young guy & is not as well settled as last year when he was the Model Professional.He is playing well,though,because he is class & I am looking forward to him marking Hartson out of the game on Saturday against Celtic.

In saying that,Murray has effectively taken the pressure off of McLeish by giving him 3 games to prove himself,which is effectively a sacking on current form.If I were McLeish I would savour every minute & take the piss out of every player who has not performed for various reasons,especially our Captain.

I hope that McLeish enjoys his last few games as manager & the players do their best for him?

Yes,they did murder us but only scored one goal :D

Is it a coincidence that Soti & Andrews were the centre back partnership and we looked very solid in that department when uder a lot of Porto pressure? I don't think so.

The bad thing is that this result could help McLeish stay as manager.A doubt it as it seems to me that the team are just not giving him their all.I think there is a lot of unrest amongst the players regarding the managers selections and tactics.

I agree......Celtic are a poor team.It only makes it funnier when they get pumped by the next quality side they will play.

• 2 weeks later...

WATP

FF

NS

Get a grip!! This is a football site. Keep your sectarian nonsense away please.

Back to football. "Cruising"............. to your 10th match without a victory.

A pretty good performance from Rangers, against an Inter team who didn't seem interested. The way Rangers settled for a draw for the last 15 minutes was a gamble that luckily paid off. It showed the lack of confidence that exists at Ibrox at the moment. One single goal in Slovakia, and it would have ended in tears.

WATP=We are the People-Sectarian?explain yourself without looking more foolish than you are already?

FF=Follow Follow=Based on a Hymn =I will Follow Rangers.How can you dimiss this as Sectarian?

NS=No Surrender=Perseverance,a virtue by all accounts

Perseverance whose roots grow deeply,

Perseverance whose blood runs steel,

Perseverance whose resolve is stone,

Perseverance whose fortitude is granite,

Perseverance who will not submit,

Perseverance who will keep fighting,

Perseverance who will destroy the enemy,

Perseverance who will never surrender

I will maintain & persevere

Explain yourself you Greek Bassa :LOL:

I will catch you for a coffee in Konaki for the Final when you can apologise for being narrow minded & parochial.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Nae bother mate, whatever you say. But may I suggest you read a bit deeper into the lyrics of the songs you quote from, before you call ME narrow minded and parochial.

I repeat, these sentiments have no place in football let alone a Greek football website.

Ok Johnny,

You are young,& you do not believe my words or my sentiment.

Put some words into my mouth for me?

I know what I mean.

I haven't a clue what your perception is of Sectarian,or of being Scottish,or of being Greek or whatever.

It is you who is expert on sectarianism.So what is sectarian,Big Brother? Who do I love? who do I hate? :( why should I listen to you?WTF DO YOU KNOW?

Yassas

• 2 weeks later...
  • Argy changed the title to Sotirios Kyrgiakos (retired)
  • Nikitas locked this topic

Archived