Phantis Forums

Sotirios Kyrgiakos (retired)

Ziaka

I hear Soti is signing for Schalke in Germany,only if it is a free transfer otherwise they will be going to UEFA to fix the deal.It seems the Germans have the same idea as Rangers on this.I wonder who could be telling them that ;)

Super-Soto,I've not heard anything about Celtic signing anyone.They had a look at Alpay,the Turk and a Chinese guy.These guys must be mad if they want to go there.The team is falling apart..............and I'm loving it :LOL: Pity Sotirios is not part of the celebrations anymore.We are signing Rodriguez from Monaco so there is really no way back for Soti at Ibrox.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^actually......from the daily record

FOOTBALL: FIFA STEP IN TO SOT OUT MESS Aug 3 2005

FIFA have been called in to examine former Rangers defender Sotirios Kyrgiakos' move to Schalke.

The giant Greek stopper has agreed terms with the Bundesliga outfit after pricing himself out of a move to Ibrox.

He spent the second half of last season on loan at Ibrox after switching from Greek side Panathinaikos.

Now Schalke have FIFA involved to try to get them to confirm that Kyrgiakos is no longer tied to Panathinaikos and is able to move for free.

Schalke general manager Rudi Assauer said: 'We have handed the matter to FIFA and they will now have a look at the case

As Schalke manager Assauer said yesterday after the first game of the new Bundesliga season 05/06 (2:1 home win against Kaiserslautern), Schalke will not longer try to contract Sotiris Kyrgiakos, due to contradictions concerning his contract situation with Panathinaikos. "It is to complicated, so we cancelled it completely", said Assauer.

07.08.2005 Absage an Sotirios Kyrgiakos

Nach dem Spiel gegen den 1. FC Kaiserslautern teilte Manager Rudi Assauer den abschlägigen Bescheid mit: Sotirios Kyrgiakos wird nicht zu den Knappen wechseln.

Ursprünglich wollten die Schalker die Reaktion des Weltfußballverbandes FIFA abwarten. Doch nun hakten die Verantwortlichen eine Verpflichtung des griechischen Nationalspielers ab. „Es gab zu viele Widersprüche in der ganzen Sache“, so Assauer. Denn auch die Angaben, die Kyrgiakos zu seiner eigenen Vertragssituation machte, schienen nicht der vollen Wahrheit zu entsprechen. „Die ganze Sache wurde zu kompliziert. Deswegen haben wir die Sache komplett abgesagt.“

www.schalke04.de

Kyrgiakos I think finally found a club!

By pompey-fans.com staff

Date: 16/8/2005

NEWS ++++ Pompey boss Alain Perrin believes the club are close to signing Greece defender Sotirios Kyrgiakos, to replace Arjan De Zeeuw, while David Bentley seems to be keen on the idea of coming to Fratton.

Pompey are closing in on Greek defender Sotirios Kyrgiakos, with manager Alain Perrin believing the deal to be '90%' done, while another target has expressed his interest in joing the club.

Kyrgiakos (25) is currently in dispute with his club Panathinaikos over his contract, having joined Rangers on loan in January.

However, the dispute led to a permanent move to the Ibrox club collapsing over the summer. Kyrgiakos had been seen as the natural successor to Jean-Alain Boumsong.

The Greek club believe Kyrgiakos to still be their player, while he believes he is a free agent. Bolton were monitoring the situation earlier in the summer, with Sam Allardyce being an admirer of the international.

Pompey have agreed a fee with Panathinaikos for the player, but now it is a question of agreeing a deal with the player.

Manager Perrin said that he had a meeting with Chairman Milan Mandaric later today (Tuesday) to see whether the deal could be done, but he said it was '90%' there, possibly in time for Saturday's clash at West Brom.

• 2 weeks later...

Hurray,

The Big man is quality & can make the whole team play better with his class.Marvin Andrew's raised his game to superb height's when playing alongside him.

I hope he is still as focused & still has his winner's attitude.He formed part of the "spine" of our team & he has even better player's around him now.

Roll on the Champ's league proper..............................

:gr:

• Argy changed the title to Sotirios Kyrgiakos (retired)
  • Nikitas locked this topic

Archived