Phantis Forums

Sotirios Kyrgiakos (retired)

Ziaka

What the hell!!??

We've wasted about 4 pages on this and we're back where we started :LOL:

It appears that Soti has sacked his Italian agent who Rangers had a big problem with.(And other clubs as well it would seem)Now the deal is back on........not confirmed but I think the 'miss 10% of games and lose a lot of money' clause has been dropped from the deal...........which I feel is correct.Hopefully the big man will be back in the team right away and push to get his Greek place back as well.

Rangers have really F***ed about on this.We told Soti the deal is over.......spent the money for Soti on a transfer for Rodriguez of Monaco,who is nowhere near as good,then decide to sign Soti after all.

Anyone want a French,shitbag of a centre half?

Is it true that FIFA have told the Greek FA that Kyrgiakos is a free agent and that PAO will not be getting a transfer fee?

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't heard of anything between FIFA and Panathinaikos regarding this issue.

I wouldn't be surprised either way on the subject though.

Looks like Kyrgiakos and Rangers are eating some humble pie after this entire fiasco. And surprisingly, the only ones to come out of this looking like they told the truth are Panathinaikos.

Either way, I hope he signs with them and his career continues there with success.

. And surprisingly, the only ones to come out of this looking like they told the truth are Panathinaikos.

Not so sure about that Batigol.

PAO are the ones that insisted on a fee for the player.Soti,himself,considered he was a free agent as did Rangers.FIFA have advised Rangers that Kyrgiakos is a free agent and no fee will be paid.

• 2 weeks later...

Game winner for Soti

Bravo big man

Kyrgiakos (Rangers) scores! Kyrgiakos heads home what looks to be the winner with a speculative header from the back of his head. The defender headed home Ferguson's cross as Baía could only watch the ball arc over his head.

Back of his head my arse!!

It was a great twisting of the neck glancing header right in off the post.What was he doing in attack in the 1st place?

A great performance from Soti who is making up for the lack of decent defensive comrades.Rodriguez,supposedly his replacement,was shocking again.

Any bad feeling that some fans may have had after the carry on during the summer will be well and truly gone after this.A towering performance.

Good to see you back,big man!! :tup:

Soto will do well in any Team & I am delighted that he has returned to Ibrox.

Our Manager,Alex McLeish,nearly put Bain(Rangers financial guy)through the wall of the Glasgow Greek Taverna when talks broke down the last time.There is always room at the top & Rangers could now have their strongest squad for years.

We have started off well in the CL before & then the wheels have fallen off so I am not going crazy yet,although I am hopeful.

I was sorry to hear the Pana score & watched the Olypiakos-Rosenburg last night :1eye: Things can only get better for you guys & "unlucky" does not some it up! Your CH was waving like a traffic cop,pure nightmare.

On a seperate matter I have been Pre-modded on the BBC Scotland Messageboard(nearly kicked off) for my quoting some views on the history of Scotland:

Fenians-followers of Fenius Farsa,King of Crete

Scots-followers of Princess Scota,speakers of the mother tongue(now English).

Gaels(in Scotland,Ireland & the Islands)-followers of Gaythelos,Prince of Crete

http://www.scottish-history-genealogy-true...uk/chapter1.htm

Can these guys not handle the truth or is there more to it.

One chap reckoned that Scotland only gave up the Greek"Double Headed Eagle" as its flag as recently as about a thousand years ago,which fits in with our understanding of things?

Onwards & upwards guys,& many thanks for the best wishes for Soto & Rangers

Cheers

:gr:

Here is some of Soto's most recent Interview in the run up to the Hearts game on Saturday.I love that big guy!

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Sq...~717041,00.html

Soto is settling in ok & has good friends who are keeping his feet on the ground.Last I heard was that he was feeling a wee bit bitter towards Pana for the way he has been treated as an individual but is talking it through .

Yassoo!

If Kyrgiakos wants to play in Italy then he did a superb job of showing his ability tonight against Inter.Okay........no one was in the stadium watching but.........

Martins and Julio Cruz are a good strike force and Soto never gave them a sniff of goal,particularly Cruz - he looked like a baby at times during the game he was so overpowered.

A silly goal from a deflected free kick won the game for Inter but Sotirios will be playing in Italy soon........perhaps even in January.His performance tonight was really excellent.He even has made Rodriguez look more like a player,which I thought was impossible.

The best player on the pitch by a long way.Defended great on the ground and in the air,passing was solid and was starting attacks.In the 2nd half he was more effective than our winger,Lovenkrands,at getting the ball on the left wing.I was waiting for his equalising goal with 10mins to play but it wasn't to be.

The better he plays the more sure it is he will leave sooner.I don't know whether to smile or frown.

• Argy changed the title to Sotirios Kyrgiakos (retired)
  • Nikitas locked this topic

Archived