Phantis Forums

Ronaldo to Real Madrid

This is insanity........

Real Madrid clearly did not struggle with the financial crisis--

a 68 million euro signing of Kaka, and now going for a 93 million euro one for Ronaldo?

Real Madrid is setting the record with this bid, and surely if it goes through, their transfers spent will go in the alltime records too.

~160 million euros - 2 players. :o

This is insanity........

a 68 million euro signing of Kaka, and now going for a 93 million euro one for Ronaldo?

and guess what? Valdano just stated that Valencia are asking for "crazy" figures for David Villa's fee. Guess what Valencia wanted?? 40 million euros :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

this case shows how idiotic Real's management is and how true :LOL: Cruijff was when he said "he should never get involved in football because he has no idea about it" about Perez!

in Turkish, we have a phrase for this kind of thing.. Ya sayı saymayı bilmiyorsun, ya da omrunde hic dayak yemedin! (Either you don't know how to count, or you haven't had a real spanking in your life yet!) :LOL: :LOL:

Real Madrid's board is one of the worst decision-making board I've ever seen. In the last 3 years they've gone out of the CL in the last 16. To understand how bad that is for a club of their size, PAO and Oly have gone to the last 16 in the last 2 years! :LOL: So in the last couple of years they've performed as well as the Greek representitive in the CL. The reasons for this Mr Perez are clear... YOU CAN'T DEFEND!!! You copped 4 at Anfield this year, 4!!!

Ronaldo and Kaka will boost their attack, especially when they link up with Robben (that's a frightening trio) but what's the point of scoring 3 per game if you concede 4?

around 10 or so years ago i seem to remember that real had debts of around 200million euro that were somehow wiped away, something to do with selling their training ground which was in an exclusive part of madrid. one wonders where the money's coming from

This is insanity........

and guess what? Valdano just stated that Valencia are asking for "crazy" figures for David Villa's fee. Guess what Valencia wanted?? 40 million euros :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

this case shows how idiotic Real's management is and how true :LOL: Cruijff was when he said "he should never get involved in football because he has no idea about it" about Perez!

in Turkish, we have a phrase for this kind of thing.. Ya sayı saymayı bilmiyorsun, ya da omrunde hic dayak yemedin! (Either you don't know how to count, or you haven't had a real spanking in your life yet!) :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL:

I think Real has had enough spankings for a season - never mind 4 in anfield

SIX at home to Barcelona.....

also:

VILLA IS A REAL PLAYER, another 40 million dropped its nothing.

Ronaldo, Kaka, David Villa and its a great team. Villa is quite a good player- I'm not so sure hes worth 40 million to be honest. But Valencia are smart - with 40 million they can definitely replace the guy and replenish the rest of the team.

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Spain/Primera/...rid/241966.html

Personally I think Villa is a "soft" striker, and thats not who Real needed. They need somebody who can hit the nets and get on to all those passes and crosses from Kaka/Ronaldo. A "hard" striker like Ibrahimovic or Drogba would have been much better IMO.

what's the point of scoring 3 per game if you concede 4?

Score 5 ;)

As for the money, Real has always been loaded. They make more revenue than any team in football, I think its over 300 million.

To be honest, I think they'll make it back, too. The spotlight has officially been bought, the advertisers, etc tv rights, summer tours etc over the years can make this back and then some.

Some credit to them, in 8 days they've landed 3 of the most saught after players in the entire world with ease, and plenty of time before their summer training.

PAO takes 2 weeks to land Kante :LOL:

But no, I excpet Real to make some big "tour" in Either Asia or USA this summer, theres plenty of money to be made.

around 10 or so years ago i seem to remember that real had debts of around 200million euro that were somehow wiped away, something to do with selling their training ground which was in an exclusive part of madrid. one wonders where the money's coming from

Monday, 28 May, 2001, 11:11 GMT 12:11 UK

Real to solve debt crisis

Real Madrid's members have voted to approve the club's plan to sell its city-centre training facilities in order to clear debts of

they are also interested in Ibrahimovic

Inter are not stupid - they gave a price of 94 million euros to Real. :LOL:

I doubt it will go through - Ibrahimovic is great but not worth half that much. Real would be better off going for Luca Toni or Drogba.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kakarinho, Ronaldo, & Benzema? Has there ever been 3 huge signings like this within one transfer period for any team in recent history? If these idiots can't win the Spanish title and make it to the CL finals, then money isn't everything. I hope they lose thinking they can buy success. I love the way Barcelona plays so much more. Yes, they are rich as hell and can afford superstars as well, but they also have something called teamwork and chemistry.

The Spanish league will be interesting this year. Barca and Real should go till the final game to determine the champion. I think I'll be paying more attention to this league due to the firepower on the top teams.

• 4 weeks later...

I did not understand where the money comes from initially, but its in all about how they work..... Real are a non-profit, meaning nobody has ownership overthem, and the club does not retain profits. Basically, all money made by the team goes right back into the team, they are membership based.

So, as they make money, they pay off their expenses, big wages etc, and all profits made, don't go to anybody. They stay at Real Madrid for the club's benefit.

They fund it, through not only benefactors who can contribute but by loans essentially and other ways to raise capital, and pay it off as the team succeeds.

Banks, are whats funding Real Madrid's transfers/investments now, they have run a huge deficit that is for sure. Banks finance the transfers, and Real Madrid pays them back with interest in the long run. (though they've run up their debts). The whole club is collateral.

Banks have absolutley no problem giving money to Real Madrid either. For them its actually quite low-risk.

Real Madrid is ALWAYS going to be there, they're a massive club in the worlds most popular sport, and the biggest club in Spain along with Barca. They're generating 365 million euros a year in revenues, and thats increasingly low risk, given the massive brand and popularity of the club. They know they will be getting paid back eventually, and they know if not, they have Real Madrid's assets as collateral for the loans.

And Real Madrid will never move, never sell a player purely for owners money. Thats another great thing about their system.

Look at Milan, that team is being scrapped because Silvio Berlusconi is the worlds biggest peice of s%$#! and the club and fans are paying for it. It's better that nobody owns the team and it operates as non-profit, all decisions made in the interest of the CLUB, and is run by its "socios" or "fans" but by benefactors who appoint the board etc and pay them using the clubs revenues, as a club normally does. It just finances differently and has nobody dipping into profits. Real, Bayern and Barca are good examples.

Archived