cyberfish

It was the 100th derby between the 2 teams and they dispayed the following:

100 bad passes :tdown:

50 fouls :tdown:

6 whinging yellow cards :box:

2 chances for pao and 1 from oly :whistle:

both teams played with 1 striker :whistle:

For the amount of build up that was shown a few days b4 the derby it was CRAP

Both teams should be deducted 3 points each for putting millions of fans thru this Z grade display :la:

On a good note we are still 5 pts ahead of our best PELATH :LOL: :LOL:

One stat that stands out to me after the game (and even my 12yr old son pointed out) was the fouls 51 fouls WTF??

It was a joke of 2 hours.. I should've gone ahead & picked the leafs in my front yard.

One thing that really gets me hot when I watch these games is that both teams go into tackles hard and players fall down as if they are little girls. Also the crowd just errupts as if their own player has been shot in the chest. It needs to change, and EPO and the Greek league need to step in in order to give the game a bit of a flow.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was the 100th derby between the 2 teams and they dispayed the following:

100 bad passes :tdown:

50 fouls :tdown:

6 whinging yellow cards  :box:

2 chances for pao and 1 from oly :whistle:

both teams played with 1 striker :whistle:

For the amount of build up that was shown a few days b4 the derby it was CRAP

Both teams should be deducted 3 points each for putting millions of fans thru this Z grade display :la:

On a good note we are still 5 pts ahead of our best PELATH :LOL:  :LOL:

One stat that stands out to me after the game (and even my 12yr old son pointed out) was the fouls 51 fouls WTF??

It was a joke of 2 hours.. I should've gone ahead & picked the leafs in my front yard.

One thing that really gets me hot when I watch these games is that both teams go into tackles hard and players fall down as if they are little girls. Also the crowd just errupts as if their own player has been shot in the chest. It needs to change, and EPO and the Greek league need to step in in order to give the game a bit of a flow.

I agree with everything. All the falling down and staying down, and the referee blowing the whistle every minute. They played about 48 minutes out of possible 90. It's ridiculous. They should give half the money back to the fans. It's like going to the movie theater and the reel being cut every few minutes :1eye:

BTW. I cleaned up the leaves the weekend before in anticipation of the game. I should had left some leaves for Sunday :D

This derby was not great, but it was really not that bad.

Anybody remember last years in leoforos? I think there was 1 chance the whole game, and not even yellow cards to keep it interesting. Not even half chances either....Worst game derby by miles and miles I have ever seen. This one was nowhere even near as poor as last years derby-season opener.

I enjoyed watching to be honest. It wasnt the most exciting one ever, but I see no reason to complain.

Also, this headline is hillarious:

Guys please,lets not compete now in which team actually played worse.The greek newspapers are doing their propaganda as usual depending which team they support.The game was horible and those were not 2 teams worthing 50 million euros combined.Me and Lazarus can play better and we dont get paid 1/1000 of what these boys are making.

My first impulse would be to agree with you Paxioti, but watching the games I see a more complex picture. Panathinaikos with the theoretical 3 CMs and 1 CF has more players in the box at any given time than any other year. For example, playing with two CFs last year, one of the two would always peel to the right or left, and most of the time, one played behind the other.

The way Panathinaikos uses the formation, Mantzios plays in the box 90% of the time and he gets support from Gabriel - Karagouni while both fullbacks play high and wide (see how much time Galleti and Leto spent behind midfield tracking out fullbacks).

If you watch the game again, pay attention to our defensive line. Few times you will see four in the back. Most of the time one or both the fullbacks play in line with the CMs and further up as the ball moves forward, while Simao plays as a sweeper in front of the CBs. This Panathinaikos team is designed to move more players forward.

One thing people talk about is how Olympiakos played defensively and how they didn't try to open it up. The way I see it, Olympiakos would had loved to go on the offensive, but Panathinaikos forced them on their hills the whole game through. Olympiakos crossed midfield organized only a dozen of times, and instead resulted in lobs from defense to find the lone forward.

oi olympiakoi vgenoun kai lene pou i panatha played with 3 DM... this team with the 3 DM made the ''12 protathliti'' looked very small team pou fenotan oti itan ''ouragos''... an to evlepe kapios ksenos to paixnidi tha nomize oti o olympikos einai ouragos... ante meta na tou peis oti auti i omada pou kathontousan oloi sto penalty tou nikopolidi einai 12 fores protathlites!!!! BRAVOOOO MAGKIA SAS! na xereste tin omada sas! emena mou ftanei pou fovithikate tin panatha!!! to thirio ksipnaei siga siga...parte to oloi xampari!!!

aionia pistos den ginete allios... 100 xronia panathinaikos!

oi olympiakoi vgenoun kai lene pou i panatha played with 3 DM... this team with the 3 DM made the ''12 protathliti'' looked very small team pou fenotan oti itan ''ouragos''... an to evlepe kapios ksenos to paixnidi tha nomize oti o olympikos einai ouragos... ante meta na tou peis oti auti i omada pou kathontousan oloi sto penalty tou nikopolidi einai 12 fores protathlites!!!! BRAVOOOO MAGKIA SAS! na xereste tin omada sas! emena mou ftanei pou fovithikate tin panatha!!! to thirio ksipnaei siga siga...parte to oloi xampari!!!

aionia pistos den ginete allios... 100 xronia panathinaikos!

Dhladh h omada sas epaikse "SUPER" podosfairo kai den to proseksa??? Paizate me ton kosmo sas kai mas katebhkate me enan epithetiko kai meta mas les gia ta xalia ta dika mas :LOL:

O enas htane xeiroteros apo ton allon.Ean eixate @@ eprepe na katebhte me 4-3-3.

Ta leme sto KARAISKAKI pelates :P

It was 1 striker each and both teams played not to loose :whistle:

redmagic: youre "one striker" excuse is pretty pathetic man. 1 striker Mantzios alone is how weve played in most of our games recently, we didnt change it so we could walk on 90 mins Gayros and tie, stop being an idiot please.

We took the same approach as vs Werder, hold down the midfield to prevent disasters in the back line but press. We did both, and we did both better than OSFP, that was fairly obvious even to you guys :blink:

OSFP fans are all saying come on guys the game sucked I am better :LOL: yeah because your team had maybe 2 posessions 2nd half and onear chance the whole game....and your just going to say the whole game sucked....sure thing!

At least the race is still only within 5 point as a result, which is good news for lawyers in Greece this year :tup:

The Fires:

Fans burned a load of Olympiakos Banners.....Which Im not opposed to but...

1) WRONG TIMING, Screwed with our rythm and gave Gavros a break they needed

2) I dont think this was the most environmentally friendly way to do it ! We are Green, lets act Green! :LOL:

It was 1 striker each and both teams played not to loose :whistle:

redmagic: youre "one striker" excuse is pretty pathetic man. 1 striker Mantzios alone is how weve played in most of our games recently, we didnt change it so we could walk on 90 mins Gayros and tie, stop being an idiot please.

We took the same approach as vs Werder, hold down the midfield to prevent disasters in the back line but press. We did both, and we did both better than OSFP, that was fairly obvious even to you guys :blink:

OSFP fans are all saying come on guys the game sucked I am better :LOL: yeah because your team had maybe 2 posessions 2nd half and onear chance the whole game....and your just going to say the whole game sucked....sure thing!

At least the race is still only within 5 point as a result, which is good news for lawyers in Greece this year :tup:

giati filaraki eseis me posous epithetikous peksate??? oi aionioi protathlites???

auti i omada omos me ton enan epithetiko sas kolise sti vraka tou antonaki.. pou na paizame kai me 3 epithetikous

Archived