Phantis Forums

Luxembourg - Greece

loup

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THis is very sad to watch. I see nothing but ball hogging in the defense and long balls. We are not going to qualify.

no, we arent.

Its 2-0, but seriousness the goals came from Luxemborgs amateur play. Rehagel would not even let Ninis, Pap, Pliastikas on the bench - its a sign of thing to come. Or not come rather.

Basinas is atrocious. Shame on Otto, for giving this guy a GUARANTEED starting 11 spot in every single game the last 4 years, regardless of performances, regardless of fitness, form, or even if the guy is not attached to a proffesional club.

This era of players, needs to finish. Get rid of the old, bring in the new. Its best for the national team. The various current "experienced" players that are now over 2 years past their prime will not play by any means way better (or even as good as) the newer faces that could be coming in there.

IF we go to RSA 2010, were not going to do much. Becuase well still have the exact same players + 2 years. Basinas should have been gone at least a year ago. I can tell you with Rehagel hell be on the team as long as he can walk.

2-0 -

1st goal an amateur play by the terrible left winger for Lux,

2nd goal downright rubbish mistake from CB of Lux, gave Gkekas an empty net and he scores.

Other than that, nothing interesting, no good play or chances except a Seitaridis cross. Yiourkas appears to be playing well, but that LB hes up against cant contain barely any player, so against a bigger team wed absolutley be 0-0 or 1-0 down with this performance. And by bigger I mean like the likes of a team with an actual professional league and a handful of decent players - like MOLDOVA or LATVIA :tdown:

Moldova is really not bad team - they pushed us too, and tied Turkey in the last qualifyers.

My point was, were only really winning because Luxemborg are barely professional quality UEFA team. Playing like we are now, vs Moldova or Latvia, wed be struggling a lot more.

Switzerland beating Israel? I think thats great news. I want Israel demoralized and out of this competition. Just leave Greece and Switz fighting for the top 2. If Switz can win in Israel, maybe if Greece gets their act together we can too, and those are 3 huge points we need.

Archived