Phantis Forums

george21

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a BIG BIG game, i hate playing paok anywhere but especially at toumba.

BUt because of the big occasion and that WE NEED A WIN, i think we will come out with a very very hard fought win. i am predicting a 1-0 win for AEK, hopefully i am right, and hopefully olympiakos drop points at Xanthi which is not an easy game

the only thing connecting us with PAOK is a simple letter ... K

I dont see any other actual connection .. in fact we are soooooo much different clubs in mantality and fan base ...

you call them ... "brethren" every year and I fail to understand why....

:rolleyes:

I dont see any other actual connection .. in fact we are soooooo much different clubs in mantality and fan base ...

Don't both clubs hail from Constantinople? :huh:

Yes ...

So?

I am just saying that PAOK and AEK only have that origin as a common issue and its a good thing ... but "brethren" is a heavy word to use ...

Same origin is fine ...

Well this year PAOK also has Zagorakis wich played for us for many years and he is also "kolitos" with Demi and Fernando Santos on the bench. So just becuas of that reason i think PAOK whill not play with passion.

I, on the other hand want PAOK to play like mad and I want to beat them in the pitch and only IF we can ...

Idont think Zagorakis'time at AEK and Santos' ties will matter in TOUMBA and infront of PAOK fans ...

And when AEK last year played with Panionios and had no point need did lose at Panionios and did not think of any ties with any PAOK OR PANIONIOS ...

We finally got a signal that PAO might have left free its OFH ties .. and we all hope Scoda will finally try to beat Olympiakos when it matters after many years ...

and suddenly AEK has PAOK at that role!

Do you begin to realise how funny that sounds ...!?

Have you been in Salonica?

Spoken to PAOK fans?

Demis is a close Friend with Ivic as well! Does that mean we actually have beaten OSFP because we sent Ivic there to ruin them?

:LOL:

That's why Mouse said the "K" connected us ... as in both it stands for something to do with Constantinople,

That's why Mouse said the "K" connected us ... as in both it stands for something to do with Constantinople,

Well then .. there you have your answer ... :D

I don't think PAOK and AEK are politically affiliated, the only ties I see is the aforementioned "K" and Demis' friendship with Zagorakis.

sorry for my ignorance but i'm not too familiar with the politics of football in greece.

Me neither to be honnest. I think the division has more to do with classes (or at least had, in the beginning) than with politics, OSFP was for the working class, PAO for the upper (I think, might be that I'm switching them now) etc ...

sorry for my ignorance but i'm not too familiar with the politics of football in greece. is it like in cyprus where the clubs are politically affiliated, or leaning toward a particular ideology? if that is the case are aek and paok of the same political affiliation? i'm asking because according to the conspirators in cyprus many smaller left wing clubs may give omonia charity, while smaller right wing clubs give apoel charity. of course these are just conspiracy theories but does that sort of political connection occur in greece too? are paok and aek linked in that respect?

No Euro2004 it's not like Cyprus. Although Kokkali does have links with PASOK and Vardinoyianni with Nea Dimokratia. But there are no right and left wing clubs as such in Greece.

Genome is correct, it's a class thing. So Larissa for example are comprised predominately of left-wing fans, you'll see pictures of Che in the stands and banners reading "anti-fascist", etc. But the club itself is not politically lined up with anyone. I hope that answers your question.

No Euro2004 it's not like Cyprus. Although Kokkali does have links with PASOK and Vardinoyianni with Nea Dimokratia. But there are no right and left wing clubs as such in Greece.

Genome is correct, it's a class thing. So Larissa for example are comprised predominately of left-wing fans, you'll see pictures of Che in the stands and banners reading "anti-fascist", etc. But the club itself is not politically lined up with anyone. I hope that answers your question.

Ok thank you.

no ... but AEKPROTATHLIMA did ... and clearly I am also answering to him ...

What i am trying to say here is that because of Zagorakis and Santos presents that PAOK may not push to hard to win this game. PAOK has nothing to loose or gain from this game. I am not saying that PAOK and AEK have ties just saying that the conditions of this game is that PAOK will not play like they did against Oly or PAO. It alos shows that the fans really don't care about this game because PAOK has only sold 3.000 tickets us of today. Few weeks ago against Oly and PAO they were SOLD OUT 5 days before the game. Now we are 2 days away and they only sold 3.000. What does that tell you? And to make my self CLEAR i am not saying that PAOK should do that. I think they should go out and play with heart and try to win, because i don't wont ANYONE at the end of the season to say that PAOK helped AEK or crap like that!!! Hope i made my self clear. :D

Guest TheLegend

OK ... but its unfair to AEK to even refer to that ...

even with 500 PAOK fans in Toumba ... the PAOK fans will sh

Archived