Phantis Forums

Can they do it?

HOLLYWOOD

How far can Aigaleo go this year :blink:

my personal view is that if they keep winning n their morale r high then the most they could get is UEFA Cup.... i dnt think aek or paok will lose their chance at champions league.. but good luck to Aigaleo it is good to see an underdog team doing so well in the greek league espically when it is so currupt *cough Olympgay *cough :rolleyes:

ill predict 5th... :box: :box: :box: :box: :box:

What are your predictions and why??

Will they keep winning or will it end??

• 2 weeks later...

they wont finish higher than pao or oly but with paok and aek especially in deep financial trouble, who knows?

if they can add depth to their squad this month , then they might just obtain that special champs league spot

GOOD LUCK!!!!! :P

• 3 weeks later...

Aigaleo seem to b drawing with everyone!!! its nice for em to draw with teams like paok,aek,oly,pao but when they face s%$#! house teams they have to win em, this is in order for them to make europe!!!! <_<

Anyways next game will see what happens shale we!!!

P.S as u can see i like the underdogs :P

• 4 weeks later...

s%$#! with Aek losing n paok drawing, aigaleo might have a chance to go to cL!!!! is it possible or not?? and if so will they do s%$#! n disgrace greece??? :huh: i really hope they make it n win 1 or 2 games so they can gain $$$ n buy better players n try n build the team into a force so we have more competion in greece :D

Yes yes if theres one thing i like its small teams making life hard for the big ass teams. As we can see Egaleo are no fluke (like Ionikos 4-5 seasons ago how they were unbeaten in like the 1st 12 rounds then fell) as i thought they would fall by mid-season. Chalkidona well i thought they'd get relegated and now there sitting 5th towards the end of the season. I never would of thought see ing these to teams in UEFA positions of the league. Good luck to them we need more of them :tup:

I think it's great that Aigaleo got so far up in the standings. :D It sort of brings more competition in Greek soccer. :box: Anyways, by the way things looks, they WILL make the UEFA Cup, and I think Aigaleo will finish in fourth this season. Bravo Aigaleo!! :nw: :nw: :nw:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i really wanna see PAOK lose their 3rd place and see Aigaleo start taking out giants like GenclerICantSpellbiligi did :P

although seeing PAOK fans go absolutley insane is also a lot of fun- most teams are intimidated in athens and constantinople but the really big teams have yet to see the toumpa....(ok some have- but CL is different ;) )

i really wanna see PAOK lose their 3rd place and see Aigaleo start taking out giants like GenclerICantSpellbiligi did :P

although seeing PAOK fans go absolutley insane is also a lot of fun- most teams are intimidated in athens and constantinople but the really big teams have yet to see the toumpa....(ok some have- but CL is different ;) )

Yeah, Aigaleo is great but a CL appearence will be a disaster for Greece! They will get nothing but zero points out of six games and a UEFA appearence is much better because i always believe that two-legged games are easier to be won by the smaller teams.

Look at what Gencler did this year... Why not Aigaleo???

AGRYTIS :nw:

Yeah Aigaleo with average attendance at their games of 1,144 in CL. Get real. I even see them fail in the UEFA Cup.

And one thing that I heard today is that in their next league game Hatzaras (the coach) will most likely field a lot of his bench players. Needless to say that Aigaleo's next game is against Aris, the team that Hatzaras played with during his playing years.

Yeah Aigaleo with average attendance at their games of 1,144 in CL. Get real. I even see them fail in the UEFA Cup.

And one thing that I heard today is that in their next league game Hatzaras (the coach) will most likely field a lot of his bench players. Needless to say that Aigaleo's next game is against Aris, the team that Hatzaras played with during his playing years.

Sort of a fix-game??? :huh: :huh: :huh:

Plus, we all know that Aigaleo will lose their final game of the season.

It is for these reasons why I'm not happy that Aigaleo is this year's dark horse team.

1st- Aigaleo will fill the stadium for their CL games i think people who arent Aigaleo fans would go too - I would!

2nd- Aigaleo are a bit more than a fluke this year - they play at a good level - good enough to cause some shocks in the CL - Nobody knows anything about this team and thats their advantage like Gencler- also you dont know they could play very well against OSFP and pull a result... they are a strong team this year and it is football.

2nd- Aigaleo are a bit more than a fluke this year - they play at a good level - good enough to cause some shocks in the CL - Nobody knows anything about this team and thats their advantage like Gencler- also you dont know they could play very well against OSFP and pull a result... they are a strong team this year and it is football.

I hope you're right. A match between Aigaleo and OFSP where both teams want to win would be a great match to watch. But we all know of the "positve" relationship the two clubs have with one another, and can't help but be cynical...it's in my nature... ;)

Do u think Aigaleo will get rid of there coach for this zenga guy??? i think its stupid coz his done really really well for the club n got them in uefa

I also hope they don't do this.. their current coach took this team near the top and they should keep him...it'll be wrong to let him go for Zenga.

Hatzaras himself came out and said that after this season he is done with Aigaleo. His contract exires anyway. He is rumored to be the next coach of Iraklis.

05/06/2004. Iraklis Thessaloniki and Mats Jingbland look set to part company. The Swedish coach is now considered an outsider by Iraklis' administration and, quite possibly, this week, there will be developments.

It is expected that Giorgos Hatzaras, who guided Aigaleo to a UEFA Cup spot for the first time in their 73-year-old history, will be announced as the successor of Mats Jingbland.

Sources say that Iraklis' veteran players Giorgos Karaiskos and Lakis Papaioannou will be responsible for running the team in the two remaining rounds of the Greek league.

The Thessaloniki club currently sit in eighth place in the Greek league, five points behind sixth-placed Panionios and have mathematical hopes of UEFA Cup football next season.

Theres your info

• 3 weeks later...

They lost to the geys 3-1 today but it did not matter coz now they have a UEFACup spot all wraped up..... hope they can make some good sinings next year (possibly from Aek coz of there finacial problem) Good luck Aigaleo, make us proud in Greece :nw: :nw: :nw:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived