Phantis Forums

Fiorentina Thread

Ziaka

As for Vryzas, fiorentina is gonna be promoted next year to serie a and they are gonna be buying a number of players so that they can become the powerhouse of old. Also about Vryzas, he gets very good playing time at perugia. They use a rotation system where they put in whoever is hot. Similar to pao's european run of 2001-2002 where we were rotating konstantinou, olisadebe,vlaovic, and lymberopoulos.

I was really surprised when I read this and according to soccerage it's final. Why the HELL go to a serie b team when he's doing fine w/ Perugia? Just for the money? Wouldn't you think a Serie A team would want him at some point since he scores goals on a regular basis? Why does Perugia want to sell him?? What place are Fiorentina in at this point? I certainly hope this is eventually the right choice but it's important that our national players have a good, positive season this year before Portugal.

I don't think it is Vryzas's choice to go to Fiorentina. Peruggia is selling him to Fiorentina for approximatelly 2.5 million Euro. His contract with Fiorentina will last for 3 years. It looks like Fiorentina is fighting to get promoted to Serie A, and are looking for any help that will help them achieve that goal.

I agree man, but tell that President of theirs who only wants publicity. I mean he brought in the son of Ghaddafi for crying out loud and he's so crappy that he can't get into shape to play a game and he gets caught failing a drug test...That's why I think this kinda crap is only gonna hurt their chemistry and take them down to Serie B...So maybe going to Fio isn't such a bad idea.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Fiorentina back to Seria A

video:

http://www.acffiorentina.it/Dettaglio.aspx...idTipo=4&id=315

ROME (Reuters) -- Twice Italian champions Fiorentina completed a fairytale return to Serie A on Sunday, when they drew the second leg of their playoff against Perugia 1-1 to triumph 2-1 on aggregate.

More than 30,000 spectators, including ex-Fiorentina player Gabriel Batistuta, packed into Florence's Franchi stadium to watch striker Enrico Fantini put the home side ahead in the 47th minute.

Fantini, who had also scored in the first leg, was sent off for a second bookable offence 10 minutes later.

Perugia grabbed a late equalizer through Brazilian striker Guilherme Do Prado, but could not find a second goal to avoid relegation to next season's Serie B.

For Fiorentina the win ended a turbulent two-year exile from the top-flight following relegation to Serie C2, Italy's fourth division, after being declared bankrupt.

Their return to Serie A had special meaning for veteran midfielder Angelo Di Livio. Two years ago the 37-year-old was playing for Italy at the World Cup but he stayed with Fiorentina throughout their troubles.

"I want to thank all the lads that played this year and last. They've done a great job and never gave up on the hope of Serie A," he said.

"Personally, I didn't want to turn my back on this city."

Fiorentina lost their name and most of their leading players with relegation.

Renamed Florentia Viola, their prospects of a speedy return to Serie A appeared slim. But with the financial backing of their new owner, the shoe manufacturer Della Valle, allied to hefty local support, the club bought back the right to use their historic name and duly won the C2 title.

Fiorentina were then elevated to Serie B at the beginning of this season as part of the expansion of the division taken after a series of legal disputes during the close season.

Earlier this month they finished sixth in Serie B to win the right to a playoff against the 15th-placed Serie A side, Perugia, for a place in the top division.

"We're delighted -- for the team, for the fans, for the city," said club president Diego Della Valle.

"We've returned to Serie A as fast as possible."

Batistuta, top scorer in Qatar this season with 25 goals (in 18 games!) revealed in an interview with La Gazzette dello Sport he wants to return to Fiorentina (next season)

Batigol wants to end his career in Seria A as a player, or in some other way of he can't compete with the rest.

Archived