Phantis Forums

CL BAN

bar7

UEFA has suspended osfpp for 1 game in next years european competition for the crowd acting like a bunch idiots during the match vs SSSSSSSSHAKTHAR...

so its wayyy early to predict, but i'll go out on a limb & predict that osfpp will not advance in next years CL & will probably finish 4th....again.....hurting GREECE for any points from the CHAMPS.....again..... :whistle: :gr:

so its wayyy early to predict, but i'll go out on a limb & predict that osfpp will not advance in next years CL & will probably finish 4th....again.....hurting GREECE for any points from the CHAMPS.....again..... :whistle: :gr:

I think you are right!!! But i hope not for Greece. We need the points so we can go back to haveing 3 teams in the CL.Time will tell but history will probably reapet it's self.....

You know what everyone....

GOOD! WE NEED IT

We're idiots for acting this way and this is what Greek soccer needs.... We need a "slap in the face" in order to wake up and PLAY SOCCER...

Whatever our fans have done is because they are not watching great soccer from our club and there's nothing wrong with that. Now do I agree w/ the action HELL NO!

But we need to behave in games and act as FANS not as HOOLIGANS or like FOOLS..

UEFA and FIFA really need to step ito the Greek league and other Greek related soccer issues and either fix them or ban us from playing in Europe at all

Olympiacos given fan ban

Friday, 9 February 2007

Olympiacos CFP have been ordered to play one European match behind closed doors following crowd disturbances at their UEFA Champions League tie against FC Shakhtar Donetsk on 5 December.

Missiles

In accordance with UEFA regulations, UEFA's Control and Disciplinary Body has held Olympiacos responsible for the actions of their supporters who released flares before and during the group-stage game, as well as throwing "a considerable number of objects" on to the pitch, one of which struck a member of the Shakhtar coaching staff on the head.

Appeal

The Control and Disciplinary Body also found that Olympiacos's screening and search procedure for fans entering the Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium was not carried out "sensibly and effectively". Olympiacos, who have been knocked out of European competition after finishing bottom of Group D, have until midnight on Monday 12 February to lodge an appeal.

If this was consistent I'd say fine we deserve it but when the Turks get away with murder (quite literally), and the Croats get away with ridiculous racism (their fans created a human swastika in the friendly versus Italy just after last years W/C), you even have 'shhhhhhhhhhhhh' sounds from away fans at Tottenham games to mimic the gas of the Holocaust (Tottenham is regarded as a Jewish club) and there are no consequences, etc. Then they ban our fans for throwing objects and lighting flares, its ridiculous. The French do it constantly, I wonder why they aren't punished? Its a m*****a and the fact that you justify it instead of calling for consistentcy is worrying re file. Like I said, the ban is not unjustified in the sense that rules were broken but the fact that so much more goes unpunished is pathetic!

We obviously deserve this ban.

However, it's correct to suggest that UEFA is not consistent.

Ethnikistis' examples clearly show the double standards that UEFA apply. Maybe this is a new era under the Platini regime. Everyone will have the laws applied against them fairly. We'll wait to see.

My understanding is that the punishment is that we play behind closed doors. No need to panic about qualification just yet. It's not like we had the game shifted to some other country.

You know what everyone....

GOOD!  WE NEED IT

We're idiots for acting this way and this is what Greek soccer needs.... We need a "slap in the face" in order to wake up and PLAY SOCCER...

Whatever our fans have done is because they are not watching great soccer from our club and there's nothing wrong with that.  Now do I agree w/ the action HELL NO!

UEFA and FIFA really need to step ito the Greek league and other Greek related soccer issues and either fix them or ban us from playing in Europe at all

Spot on, if Olympiakos fans or coaching staffs continue to misbehave, Olympiakos should get the punishment like Feyenoord received for there stupid act. :angry:

it is axactly what we needed. maybe one or two morons will understand now, that their behaviour is hurting the team. after another 50-100 bans most of them should realise that they are not helping the team and we might not see those things anymore... ;)

it is axactly what we needed. maybe one or two morons will understand now, that their behaviour is hurting the team. after another 50-100 bans most of them should realise that they are not helping the team and we might not see those things anymore... ;)

your team shoots itself in the foot.

Now these fans have just helped the laughter continue.

Well Oly did an efesy hopeing that UEFA will take the 1 game suspencion away and just give Oly a money fine. The problem with that is that Oly might get a worst fine because i was reading that UEFA never takes back there original fines instead they make it worst! :o

either way you guys are useless to Greece in Europe anyway

You're spot on, but Olympiakos must be rubbing off on the other rabble that represent Greece in European competition.

All the Greek clubs have Franco-phobia. They just capitulate against any French opposition.

I bet PSG must wish they could play against Greek teams every week.

You're spot on, but Olympiakos must be rubbing off on the other rabble that represent Greece in European competition.

All the Greek clubs have Franco-phobia. They just capitulate against any French opposition.

I bet PSG must wish they could play against Greek teams every week.

they would eat you guys out...., since you have EUROPHOBIA

I can't understand how oly can ply so good in the super league but so crap in europe. P.S. Sometimes I think they do that on purpose so that the greek club standings stay down and therefore qualifys us only one spot for qualified group stage action and only one other preliminary groupstage so that oly always goes to the champions league and the rest get stuck in uefa cup action which is less money meaning less money for future transfers for better players. nice theory huh?

• 3 weeks later...

I can't understand how oly can ply so good in the super league but so crap in europe. P.S. Sometimes I think they do that on purpose so that the greek club standings stay down and therefore qualifys us only one spot for qualified group stage action and only one other preliminary groupstage so that oly always goes to the champions league and the rest get stuck in uefa cup action which is less money meaning less money for future transfers for better players. nice theory huh?

nice theory never thought of that

but kokkalis the "criminal" is begging for CL victories from his players and his coaches

Or is he acting??

• 4 weeks later...

UEFA Disciplinary Committee have met yesterday and as a result of the crowd trouble in OSFP-PAO Women's Volleyball game, Olympiakos' Champions League one-game ban is now up to three games in accordance with the Paragraph 1 of Disciplinary Proceduures Article 4. :o

UEFA Disciplinary Committee have met yesterday and as a result of the crowd trouble in OSFP-PAO Women's Volleyball game, Olympiakos' Champions League one-game ban is now up to three games in accordance with the Paragraph 1 of Disciplinary Proceduures Article 4. :o

The Committee also banned Olympiakos goalkeeper Antonis Nikopolidis after his recent outburst against Mr Fate, as the 35-year-old goalkeeper was quoted saying: "The team I'm in never wins for f*** sake!"

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Happy April Foolsday! ;)

Archived