Jump to content
Phantis Forums

Nea Bafra

Members
  • Posts

    974
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    45

Everything posted by Nea Bafra

  1. honestly it's like he's a child. it's easy to crack a tantrum, alla tora ekane tin m*****a tou and now it's time to pull up the big boy pants and learn from his mistakes. if he wants to be directly involved in the club, who am I to tell him no, but prove that you can develop in the role.
  2. I wish he would threaten to build a decent squad
  3. just to elaborate on pontos post. that's what we will give them to take olsen away
  4. Next season is already over, in fact if no one seriously pulls their finger out just give Olympiakos the next 3 titles. I've said it before and I will say it again, Olympiakos success is killing the competitiveness of the Superleague and the Superleague's lack of competitiveness is killing Olympiakos ability to improve and therefore challenge seriously in Europe. If you don't have regular cut throat games when they do arrive it's such a shock to the system they can't succeed. You don't win anything without being battle hardened and at the moment a wet paper bag puts up more resistence in the league.
  5. There's precedent for clubs from different countries playing [albeit fictional countries] The Australian league has a team from New Zealand playing in it. Different country, passport, even confederation
  6. was voted into the bundesliga team of the year last year as a full back
  7. the balance is there, quality not quite just yet. can they reach the knockouts? yes if they don't get a complete clusterfark of a group like last time but if they were to draw holland spain and chile again, not a chance. but if you think how far the squad has come from the rezili it was under verbeek and osieck in such a short time it's a feather in ange's cap for sure
  8. The biggest problem is that more often than not the ethniki don't play to their potential. Performance is as much about consistency as it is ability.
  9. I'm not particularly invested either way so I won't be too shattered to see a sub par performance from the ethniki, in fact I expect it when they come here on what's basically their holidays and get taken out everywhere and don't have to pay a thing. Player for player the greek squad is stronger, but at the moment the system, discipline and balance the australian team plays with and has across the squad makes them a dangerous opponent for most teams. If the ethniki don't turn up to play it won't bother me, I don't think it's an accurate reflection of their ability/potential but it is probably an accurate reflection of their attitude to playing for the national team.
  10. if only the senior squad wasn't such a bourdello that can't continue their development
  11. I don't necessarily think at international level it is about what you can show. The coach should already know about you before picking you. They might have had an injury, cramp or were wasting time. If I was Sabo I'd consider myself fortunate, their coach only made two substitutions the whole game. I'd rather get some game time than none for my national team [club level is a different kettle of fish]
  12. The PAOK youth teams generally play in the Lokoball tournament, the Lukoil cup and/or the Rimini Cup different age groups have won both those tournaments at one stage and sometimes on multiple occasions
  13. I recall one of the K15 teams being good, but obviously those kids would have aged out. What is clear though that at some levels we have decent coaching.
  14. I meant he would be a decent fit for PAOK, not the Greek NT, he is only in the oz team because he fills a need. he is not in the best 11 players Australia has, but he is in the best XI. there is a paucity of strikers in Australia. On a side note, i din't want to post this in one of the threads in the NT section where some bloke compared the Greek and oz teams because have no desire to become part of some flame war over this and have it turn into an NSL v A League m*****a. But i will say this, i think if you look at the 2 squads there are 2 areas where i believe Australia is better and 1 where i believe it's a draw, the rest Greece has Australia covered. i don't like to judge purely based on what club you play for because sometimes that comes down more to politics than anything else the way i see it Australia is ahead in goalkeeping [not by a lot, but i think Ryan has karnezis covered and after that Australia's depth is better] and central midfield [where i think jedinak, rogic, milligan, luongo and mooy are slightly ahead] i think it's probably about even on the wings and that Greece has Australia covered in the centre of defence easily and the same for the full backs and the forwards. man for man I'll take Greece, but system for system it's hard to go past how well drilled the Australian team is at the moment.
  15. he played the kind of active target man role that would currently suit us a lot more perpetual movement than we currently get [still not very quick but by and large with quick midfielders it works well] i realise the strength of the opposition but in a system he's a decent player
  16. he also had 2 assists and won 2 penalties
  17. He didn't come out Pontos, injured before leaving Greece and stayed in thessaloniki
  18. don't joke about that s%$#!, they'll grab a knife and run you through
  19. Yes they are a lazy bunch of F***ers who stay out until 5 in the morning sinking piss No matter how hard you train, if you then trash your body it will either fight back or give up
  20. Welcome Klaous
  21. nice photoshopping when was the last time you saw anything that green and tidy in Greece
  22. This is why when I think the FFA and A-League administration are crap and need to be replaced I bite my tongue and thank my stars I don't follow two leagues with Greece's problems.
  23. BBB BRING BACK BOLONI
  24. you are talking about a level of nuance that escapes anyone born in the balkans in a PR polished world he would have said "Pelkas is younger and not as far along in his development as Fortounis so it would be unfair to compare them" but this is Greece so um yeah
×
×
  • Create New...