-
Posts
4,036 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
128
Everything posted by Bananas
-
Must be the football equivalent of waking up next to a girl in the morning, and in the light of day and being sober, she suddenly doesn't look so pretty anymore.
-
I'm fairly confident that in a one on one with a hawk, if I was armed with a bunch of bananas, I'd beat the hawk, so I fail to see how Blackhawk is 5 times better.
-
So true. So true. You'd think that one would've brought the other but it hasn't eventuated ... yet. As for the managers that lasted a month, are you talking about Beretta or ROFL Fringer ?
-
Stick to what you're good at. Growing agricultural products and paying the bills. Don't act like a bitch when G4 is looking for a scape goat. We've gone through 4 managers since he's been in charge.
-
BostonThanatos, sometimes you just make me smile with your posts.
-
What teams you like outside from Greece!
Bananas replied to MadBoy13's topic in Other Soccer Topics and Issues
You can't compare Christiano Ronaldo or Messi to Maradona and players of that era. 50% of the goals they score today would not have happened back in that era because they would have been "professionally" fouled before they got anywhere near the goal. And if they did happen to score, they'd probably get an elbow to the face and a few kicks on the knee as a reward. Maybe even the occasional knee reconstruction if the defender was feeling generous. The tackling was brutal. I can't remember who it was (I think it was Cabrini but not sure), but one of those butcher defenders back in the Seria A said something like "In Italy, the man can go past the defender, or the ball, but not both". You had to earn a goal back then. Go look at the top goal scorers and they would rarely get over 20 goals in a season. I'm not saying Maradona is better, or that Christiano Ronaldo or Messi are better, I'm just saying it's not right to compare, because they play in completely different environments. -
http://www.sport24.gr/Columns/Diamantopoulos/me-1-1-tha-htan-xeirotera.3915267.html Malista. Kai me 1-2 pali xirotera. Sounds like PAOK in the GSL most of the time. I wouldn't be surprised if we fall to 15th or 16th in the coming years. The power houses of Croatia and Romania are breathing down our necks. Who would've thunk it.
-
The clubs budgets are for all intents and purposes similar. The truth is Anderlecht are worthy opponents and may very well go through to the next round of the EL. They are not some easy beat club. Should be an interesting game in Greece.
-
Maybe as long as the orders keep coming in, they keep making them ? Who knows.
-
Probably the only player that ... maybe ... can get away with not playing regularly would be Holebas because the guy is just an athlete through and through. Even then though, if you haven't been playing regularly it's a risk. If we're relying on players like Torosidis, Holebas and especially Tachtsi to save the day, we are in more trouble than we thought. The only thing I know about Tachtsi for sure is that you'll get one good game from him in four. Loving that avatar tasos13.
-
That would be the icing on the cake. :)
-
Out with Klaus and Tzavellas (who happens to be playing very well this season). They have too much influence and aren't worth the trouble long term.
-
Olympiakos, PAO and AEK can rejoice. If they were worried that PAOK might finally get their sh-t together when they signed Arnesen, this proves there is nothing to fear. The prezonia fans that love the club oh so much are victorious once again. The world makes sense again ... to them. Marinakis, Meli and Alafouzos can have a lovely get together where they can all laugh at Savvidis. Savvidis wants the short cut to success and on the cheap. Den iparxei manga. And witch hunts might make you feel good, but they haven't helped. Any PAOK player with half a brain that has the opportunity will leave the club. Any manager with half a brain will see our history with "patience" and firing of managers and not come. Let's see what the next "project" will be ...
-
Well, if I was Savvidis I would invite all the players and "fans" to a great big venue, and ask the fans what do you want ? Results or a young core to build on. You can't have both in the beginning. If the answer is results, I'd fire Kitsiou, Konstantinidis, Pelkas, Mystakidis, Charisis, Cimirot etc. on the spot. Sorry guys, don't have time ... need results now. Then I'd go and get washed up over the hill players in their 30's. Seems to be what the "fans" love.
-
Just got mine today. Serial Number 0552. Any idea how many there will be in total ?
-
Kind of like this ? Cue to 2:07.
-
Looks like, the mob and the prezonia win again.
-
Aw come on, are we serious now. How is it divided ? Who is dividing it ? Sounds like excuses for not being good enough. As for the reporters, they are just doing what they do.
-
Boston, would you be interested in becoming PAOK manager ... if you were offered the gig ? Maybe have pash as an assistant ?
-
Fernandes Rodrigues same same. ;)
-
Spyropoulos lol. Now you made me laugh. Has to be the worst signing in the last 5 years. What I do like about Arnesen's approach is that there is the chance of discovery of new talent. In the past when we relied on experienced players, it meant for a tougher team because our signings were "men" not "boys". That's why those teams did better in Europe where it's tougher. But the team had a ceiling as to how much it could improve. Probably the only players we took a punt on were Stafylidis and Vieirinha and at the end of the day the club made ~5 million on both in transfers, and they were sold under duress. Furthermore, we've had plenty of dud signings of experienced players like Maduro, Maartens, Costa. The intent of the club was good, to sign quality players, but it doesn't always work out. I personally think Fernandes has been a revelation this season. He's had some off games, but it's generally been when the whole team has been off. When the team has been clicking, he's been very menacing to the opposition. The same could be said for Mak last season and this season. What I do know is that the spine of the team is weak. We've had problems in the CB area for over a season now. Hopefully signing Chatzisias will help, but we still need better. In the DM position we are not bad. In the CM, AM and striker position I think we are weak. We don't have a quality CM in the mold of Natcho (f--k he was good), a true number 8. Charisis is the only one I can see playing that position but we can't expect him to do it week in week out just yet. Up front, in theory we have Berbatov as the number 10 and Klaus as the number 9 but pffft, for me, they're both not good enough. They haven't clicked playing with each other, both have a low work rate too. It just hasn't worked. But like I've said before, these are difficult position to sign players for. There are no guarantees. One other thing, we have had a ridiculous and I mean RIDICULOUS amount of injuries this season. This doesn't help. If you look at even the top sides, an injury to a critical player and things go awry and out of balance. Tudor still hasn't worked out our best 11 but f--k me even if he did, he'd be lucky to play them 3 games in a row. As for our signings this season, I saw it more as a clear out of the old players. How many old players do we have left in the squad ? Hardly any. We brought in a lot of young players. Some are showing promise. Others not so much. Other players have surprised me. I expected Tzavellas to be gone this season. He was woeful last season, but he's improved greatly this season. Either way, we need to strengthen the squad with some quality because its obvious the current crop can't take the pressure week in week out.
-
I think we've gotten some decent players in the last 3 transfer periods. Mak and Pereyra being the better ones. Charisis, Cimirot and Fernandes could turn out to be good. And then you have the guys from the K20 like Konstantinidis, Kitsiou, Pelkas and Mystakidis. But yeah I agree, we have not made any superb signings. No we haven't and I don't expect us to either. Such players won't come and play for PAOK. We can try and revert to the old ways and sign guys like Garcia, Contreras and Muslimovic, but do we really want to go down that road again ? As for the PAOK fans, they should be careful what they wish for. No Savvidis equals back to the bad old days of Batatoudis, Voulinos etc. I can just picture them salivating waiting to get their grubby hands on the team again.
-
We'll never know. If PAOK wanted a proven manager, they shouldn't have picked him seeing as he was an up and coming manager.
-
Agree that Boloni was the best we've had since Santos. However, the main reason he left was because the club had serious financial problems. Players were being sold or leaving the club unpaid and I don't even know if Boloni was paid what he was entitled.