-
Posts
4,036 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
128
Everything posted by Bananas
-
Amorgiggles, I can't work out who is more handsome. You or Ogre ?
-
The only players I don't want sold (unless it's for an outrageous amount) are Tzavellas, Cimirot, Charisis, Mak, Rodriguez, Pelkas, Mystakidis. Unfortunately, holding onto Mak will be an extremely difficult task. Cimirot > Kace Cimirot >> Kace Cimirot >>> Kace Cimirot >>>> Kace Cimirot >>>>> Kace Cimirot >>>>>> Kace Cimirot >>>>>>> Kace Cimirot >>>>>>>> Kace Cimirot >>>>>>>>> Kace Cimirot >>>>>>>>>> Kace
-
I remember when Ivic first become interim manager, he said that he had an idea of why we were getting so many injuries, but he didn't want to talk about it until he was 100% sure. I haven't heard anything since.
-
I hope that whoever we sign, it's clearly an upgrade. If not, don't bother. Take Cimirot for example. Once he got over his injury from game 1 (what luck!), you could see straight away that this kid was first team material. The problem with our defense is that they are so inconsistent. All of them. Last season Skondras was a solid, this year nothing. Last season Tzavellas was awful, this season excellent. Vitor can be hit and miss but is overall a bit more consistent. Kitsiou again inconsistent between seasons. Konstantinidis could be the real deal but is made of glass. To be competitive in the league you need all 4 in the back to be fit and in-form. When has that been the case ? What are the chances it will be next season ? For how many games ? That's the problem with our defense. When they are all in form, our back line is fine. But it is a rare thing indeed. If you want to know how valuable a solid back line is, just look at Liecester. Yeah sure, they had their luck but you know what, they only lost 3 games, because they made damn f--king sure that the opposition earned every single goal. We gift goals to the opposition.
-
EPO will probably find some technicality and give us another -3 penalty for next season. ;)
-
All of the opponents are tough and will be favourites to beat us. I'd like Ajax or Fener. Ajax because I'd like to finally beat a Dutch team, or Fener for obvious reasons.
-
I actually think he's the best option we have. He understands the team. He understands the greek mentality. People don't get it. Any good proven manager out there isn't coming to Greece. Which means you can only get a has been or you get some one inexperienced but with potential. We tried Huub (has been), we tried Greeks who came with matching egos (Donis, Anastasiadis), we tried inexperienced but with potential (Tudor). At the very least, Ivic has common sense and isn't a raving ego maniac. I'll take that for a season.
-
In the shower ?
-
PAOK is the in form of the play off bunch and obviously being at home with fans is favourite. But my friend, the ball is round and anything can happen. I suspect Leto has been involved in voodoo magic involving chickens because he's on fire. If any team is capable of f**king things up or giving heart attack moments it's PAOK.
-
A bit harsh to say we screwed him. He assisted in the screwing by being stubborn. In pre season Tudor wanted the players to be punctual. Pereyra arrived at a training session late. He was fined a small amount. Can't remember, like a few hundred euros. He went wah wah, I ain't gonna pay. F--k you man, I'm da man! I no come training anymore. F--k you Tudor ... etc. By the time the furor settled a few weeks later Tudor didn't want him in the team any longer, and that was that. Now as to why we won't have him back for next season, that is a different matter altogether.
-
Or better yet, just shoot them down ?
-
:)
-
No cards ? Can't remember the last time that happened. I'm used to the refs bashing us with at least 3 cards a game.
-
Dayum, that was just beautiful Nea Bafra. And then we think we have the right to complain about the team not trying hard enough.
-
Amazing. This is the first time I can remember that we got what we paid, for a player that didn't work out. At least in terms of the raw transfer fee.
-
Just woke up take a piss. 0 - 2. Bravo paixtronia. Back to bed now.
-
And here is the essence of it all. It's really that simple. Zagorakis was decent and stuck by Santos even though in his 1st season the team didn't do well. It would have been interesting to see what Zagorakis could have achieved if he had the finances of a Savvidis. Unfortunately, he had to perform yet another fire sale. Savvidis, meh. Pre Zagorakis, don't even go there.
-
I don't know ... I'm getting won over by Ivic. Initially, I thought he was just going to be another Georgiadis, but he's impressed me so far. I really like his calm demeanor. I don't see a better realistic option out there, and I'm over these manager who have a big reputation that also bring their big egos to the club.
-
C'mon boys. Show us what avatars you have in mind.
-
The kid has been a surprise. At the beginning of the season, it was all Pelkas and he was just a straggler, but right now Mystakidis is much better. Pelkas is still hit and miss whereas Mystakidis just gets into it. Would be a great sub off the bench for the NT.
-
He he, he's too busy watching Fetfazidis.
-
Mr. Sheriff, please try reading the content of my post. My argument is that nepotism is the main reason for Greece's situation. I don't understand the rock thrower part. Is the definition of a rock thrower someone that doesn't agree fully with your views ? If that is the case, then yes I'm a rock thrower. Like I have said many times (apparently to no effect) I don't have a particular liking for any political party in Greece. But apparently in your eyes I am an extreme left wing rock thrower ? Is that (again) just because I don't agree with your views ? Maybe it's you that is extreme. If Papariga is against nepotism, then yes, I agree with her on that point. As to the rest of the communist ideologies, they are generally delusional. Maybe it's time to grow up a little. This is the SYRIZA topic. It's not the "Only people that hate SYRIZA can post" thread, or the "Everyone who doesn't agree with me, is a leftist commie (check for reds under your bed and kiss the photo of the King)" thread.
-
Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.
Bananas replied to ausgreek's topic in Greek National Teams
Tziolis job is not to create chances but to be a link in the middle. Usually a thankless role unless you have the visual appeal of a Pirlo to give the role some oomph. Having said that, Tziolis range of passing is not good enough and his mobility is not good enough. Ideally you should be good in both, or at the very least excel in one to make up for the other. As for Fetfa, he is exactly the sort of player I hated playing with. Unpredictable, unreliable. Will he play today ? Is he on his rags ? Will he cover the space and mark his man ? Or will he do one dribble and then think he's the business. Playing with Tziolis is like playing with 10.5 players. With Fetfa it can be 10 or 12. But mostly, it's 10. That's why the kid is kicking it with the camels. -
Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.
Bananas replied to ausgreek's topic in Greek National Teams
Any reason why Petsos hasn't been selected ? -
Yep, that 4-0. I remember that one. They didn't use lube that day.