-
Posts
4,036 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
128
Everything posted by Bananas
-
Surely you jest ? When you say both countries are preparing, I assume you mean Russia and Turkey ?
- 62 replies
-
You are mistaken. No one was screaming anything from the trees. No need to get so emotive. The only one individual I was praising was Varoufakis and that was pre the referendum joke. I was for voting for Syriza, only because it was an alternative to the "establishment" and because I felt that with Syriza (and Varoufakis) we had a 0.01% chance of exiting the EZ (not EU), which I still believe is the only way Greece can move forward economically. ND/PASOK were 100% against EZ exit. They felt and still feel that Germany slowly strangling the economy and allowing the worst economic slump since the great depression is the best way forward. I couldn't care less about ND/PASOK/KKE/Syriza/GD. Let's be clear, I think they are all a bunch of thieves, bigots, liars and incompetents. I've said it before, if the EU/EZ dictates what you do economically, and dictates how you control your borders, then why even have a government ? Just close the Parliament and let the EU take full control, since this is effectively what we've had now since 2008.
- 62 replies
-
1789's post was used out of context. There is nothing wrong with searching for clarification (which is essentially what he was asking for), especially where we know there are uncertainties concerning the specifics of this event. The search for truth is the noblest of goals. Problem arise when others misinterpret the search for accuracy as an attack on their belief system. There really is nothing to fear.
-
Russia is going to attack Turkey, defeat it and then hand over Constantinople to Greece ... as a present. I know people that firmly believe this. It's sad to think that their vote counts as much as mine.
- 62 replies
-
Not really a fan of remixes. I thought this one was good though. I like the tortured intro.
-
He's done very well for himself. He's looks in great physical shape too. Too bad when he played for us he was always on the tubby side.
-
Illegal Immigration In Greece (and In Europe)
Bananas replied to CHE21QNS's topic in Let's talk about this
Taliban .... zzzzz. -
Out of the designs there, #7. Good to see you have some taste Blackhawk. Overall, most of the designs are poor. #1 - what the hell is Berbatov doing there ? He's scored like maybe 2 goals from open play and all of a sudden he deserves to be amongst the PAOK legends. Ase mas, m*****es. #2 - looks amateur. #3 - seriously ? #4 - I'm a big fan of Subbuteo (still got the game in good condition) but not good enough. #5 - eh, not bad but not great either. #6 - I think I'm going to have an epileptic fit. #7 - best of the lot. #8 - seriously, cartoon eagle ? #9 - just no. #10 - actually don't mind this one, minus the picture of Koudas and Garcia. I like the style of the "90".
-
Of that, there is no doubt. Maybe some economists who extol the virtues of austerity are too stupid to realise. Maybe they are firm believers in the Austrian school of economics and were brought up on a diet of Ayn Rand literature. You would be surprised at how some trained economists believe the way the world "should" work.
-
Illegal Immigration In Greece (and In Europe)
Bananas replied to CHE21QNS's topic in Let's talk about this
Rigged ? -
Regarding the team conceding goals, it's been a common theme through out the season that we generally out play the opposition, but yet manage to concede goals from the opposition having fewer chances than us. This should not be surprising when you essentially have a young squad. When Klaus is one of your more senior players ... well what do you expect. What is surprising is that we as fans expect consistency and "steel" (ie. the ability to grind out results) from a young squad. It just isn't going to happen. Not yet anyway. Maybe in a few seasons but of course that won't happen because by then we'll have a completely new roster. The table doesn't lie. We are 5th for a reason.
-
That's fine if you're aiming to not challenge for titles. Every season we buy a heap of players. Of course there isn't chemistry and I don't expect to see any consistency of any kind. WARNING: Conspiracy theory incoming. EPO is waiting for round 30 to see how the table finishes. Deduct accordingly. Savvidis can then have a wah wah about how the Athens cartel are against him. ;)
-
@teke817, that is far from a rant. Great post. If I could, I'd like it 817 times.
-
Foot massage and manicure.
-
If Valencia make him an offer, he's going regardless of whether AEK is in Europe or not. Let's be real.
-
Spot on regarding the dynasties. This probably more than anything else has held back Greece from the 70's onwards. Every country has families that have power, but the degree to which these families have power in Greece is ridiculous. The sad thing is, in their own schizophrenic way, they probably believe they have done a good job. Between these families, SYRIZA and Golden Dawn, I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. All of them are self entitled. All of them are incompetent.
-
Nice interview by Ivic and agree about his Greek ... superb! I am intrigued by what he said regarding the team sustaining so many injuries. Specifically his belief that it's not the training pitches and that he believes he is close to find the "answer".
-
The timing of the points deduction was unjust but also very convenient for PAO. Savvidis was too busy playing cuddly bears with Alafouzos to notice he was getting fleeced.
-
Call me naive, but I'm getting tired of all these allegations of corruption without any actual specifics. Give me names, dates, recordings, bank accounts, bank account transfers, threats ... something. Not just "it's corrupt" or articles from journalists that are pretty much hearsay.
-
Illegal Immigration In Greece (and In Europe)
Bananas replied to CHE21QNS's topic in Let's talk about this
Destroy Christianity and replace it with the gods of Ancient Greece ?! I always thought they were pretty cool. -
Depends what you're talking about. I would agree they are worse than the older generation in many ways, but I don't see the hatred that was a part of the old generation, at least not to the same degree. But alas, I am generalizing on a massive scale.
-
Emphasis in bold is mine. No chance. Let me rephrase that, zero chance. Hate is hate unfortunately. The only fix is time ... meaning older generation dying off and hopefully the newer generation being not so indoctrinated.
-
Klaus and the club behave like spoiled children. It's embarrassing. Here's a tip, how about Klaus actually starts playing well before he gets considered for the NT. Right now, he should be happy he's not in the NT. I know I am.
-
For getting second position the squad is mostly fine. Just need a quality CB and CM with experience to stop conceding silly goals and all of a sudden we are a 20 point better team per season. For challenging for the title and presumably having a squad that would not get embarrassed in the CL :- Goalkeepers : none are good enough. Defense : only Tzavellas is good enough and he is a kolo paido. Midfield : only Cimirot ... maybe. Forwards : only Mak and Rodrigues and Mak probably won't be there. All the rest not good enough. So it's a simple fix ... just need to buy a new team.
-
I DON'T CARE ANYMORE.