Phantis Forums

Yiannis Anastasiou?

Euphoria

no hd shoulnt- Charisteas proved himself after a season on the bench and Zisi plays....Papa plays too.......he may score but that doesnt mean he can fit into our system- Zisi and Angelo are powerful strong and tall as well as quick.... theyre a different type of striker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think Otto would call Anastasiou into the squad. He's only played in 3 (out of 14) Eredivise games. Although he's scored in each game he's appeared in; Otto (I think) should try to bring youth into the squad. He's 31, and will be 33 come the World Cup. Otto should be giving Salpingidis, Pap, and some younger players a chance to prove themselves; as I think a major weakness of ours is not having enough depth . <_<

I agree- he's not that special. Saying that, we do rely on scoring mainly rubbush goals from set pieces, and heading down the overfrequent long balls we play is Anastasiou's bread and butter..

So I do think he'd fit in, but I'd prefer younger and quicker player, Matzios and Kapetanos are similar to Anastasiou but more technical I think..And Salpi, Agritis, and Pappas are also very good strikers..We lack moe in creative modfielders, coz treams either play with none (defensive mids only!!) or the're foreign.

we have far better players than Anastastiou. he does nothing that Machlas cant do now, or even Lybe or other old guys.

once we have Salpi and Amanatidis working together with Charisteas we are going to be deadly.....

call rehagel up and say that! il support u :nw: :gr:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Protathlitis

yeah i think itd be better to go for youth, ide rather Vryzas kept playing instead of Machlas or Anastasiou. Its time for Amanatidis, Mantzios, dimi pap and maybe Salpi

Archived