Phantis Forums

tsiartas being a Bitch!

HOLLYWOOD

I am a Tsiartas fan but I am very disappointed by what I have read. This is an extract from the current issue of the Telegraph newspaper of London:

Greek club's plight spoils the party

By Duncan White

(Filed: 11/07/2004)

One problem you do not expect to be faced with after winning the European Championship is losing your job. Yet five of Greece's triumphant squad are available on a free transfers as their club - AEK Athens - are poised to be relegated to the third division for financial irregularities.

Cisco

With hangovers not yet faded, Konstantinis Katsouranis, Mihalis Kapsis, Vassilios Lakis, Vassilios Tsiartas and Theo Zagorakis find themselves unemployed. All played a significant role in Portugal, with captain Zagorakis being named player of the tournament .....

Enter the villain. Tsiartas is making few friends. On Thursday he attacked Otto Rehhagel, the Greece coach, for failing to put him in the starting line-up and claimed "100 Rehhagels" would not have made a difference to the results.

While Zagorakis and the others have gallantly offered to forfeit the money they are owed when they secure a move, Tsiartas is kicking up a stink. He is demanding his money and has been a vocal opponent of the Nikolaidis takeover - a personal grudge that dates back two years. After players had vetoed an initial takeover in June, supporters stormed the clubhouse, vandalising the players' cars. Tsiartas claimed Nikolaidis was the "ethical culprit" and regretted having to be in the same squad as him. Tsiartas will never play for Greece or AEK again.

:angry:

I'm an AEK supporter. I have never liked Tsartas and it's for this exact reason. He's a friggin prick bastard. I hope no team picks him up and I hope that Rehhagal never selects him again. He's not the number one Greek player as many media outlets would like to believe (especially before the Euro). He's a useless $hite....except for the nice ball to Charisteas in the Spain match and the corner in the Czech match.

:angry:

Wow, I'm very dissapointed :angry: . I was proud of him, for how well he played in EURO, but now I'm just upset. He's just causing a big fuss!!!!!! I mean, does he want to start fights???? Stupid!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

You all sound like prime citizens of a diktatorship.....

A democratic spirit allows also opinions, which are not supported by the mainstream....

Free Speech was always a Greek characteristic...... He's just thinking loud.....

And by the way...... The Greek Press did not exactly write what Tsartas said.....but has twistled the words around...and the foreign press took them over.....

King Otto had the right people in midfield for his game plan. Tsartas was used in certain specific situations where his ever-dangerous long balls and playmaker skills were needed (Spain, Russia, etc.).

He is part of a team and he better get used to it!

totally logical.

the man is DONE with the ETHNIKI, so of course he'll bitch and whine now. i dont think i'm the only one that feels this way, but..... goodbye re vasili ! i'll be more than happy to see you leave the NT. he always was, one of the 'kolopaida'.

i dont see anyone else bitching about their play time, or for ANY reason for that matter. some old ways never change of course..............

:tdown:

I don't actually think that Tsiartas Critisised Rehaggel... He just said that it was the players spirit and 100 Rehaggels wouldnt make a difference if it wasn't for the players (which is 100% right)... He also said some good things about Rehaggel (he gave roles to players etc), and he only expressed his sadness for not playing in the final.. What's wrong with that... Everybody would have felt this way.... Anyway I am not a Tsiartas fan I think however that he is one of the few Greekl players who know how to play football, but I think his style of play is well out of fashion...

P.S. He also said that 'for the good of the team I did not want to mention anything before the Euro ends, but know I guess there won't be any problem... ' Hey give the guy a break....he is one of the most serious people / players involved in Greek football!

I don't actually think that Tsiartas Critisised Rehaggel... He just said that it was the players spirit and 100 Rehaggels wouldnt make a difference if it wasn't for the players (which is 100% right)... He also said some good things about Rehaggel (he gave roles to players etc), and he only expressed his sadness for not playing in the final.. What's wrong with that... Everybody would have felt this way.... Anyway I am not a Tsiartas fan I think however that he is one of the few Greekl players who know how to play football, but I think his style of play is well out of fashion...

P.S. He also said that 'for the good of the team I did not want to mention anything before the Euro ends, but know I guess there won't be any problem... ' Hey give the guy a break....he is one of the most serious people / players involved in Greek football!

Me too......

Maybe not for the first time...but it could be the second time that I m agreing with Methusalix.........

here is an overview of what Tsiartas actually said in the interview, translated into greek by the Athinako Praktoreio. Read this and then tell me if he actually said what the Greek media made it out to be.

Archived