Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Blackhawk

PAE PAOK General News

Geez is that 4 serious knee injuries in just over a year? Mauricio, Vieirinha, Jaba and now Augousto? Don't know if it's bad luck or we are doing something wrong, I guess with knee injuries it's mainly luck. And given 3 of them (I think) happened during games and away from home, I guess there's not much you can do about what type of condition oppositions pitches are in. 

Except that Glykos, Mistakidis, and Augusto all hurt their knees while in training, right? Perhaps our training fields have regressed since Ivic's mysterious improvements?

BTW it looks like Tsilianidis over at OFI has a similar issue. Is it possible that two or three months of inactivity has led these players to overexert now that they're back to training? There is a short amount of time between the resumption of training and the first games, after all...

See my post of May 17th in the topic PAOK - Olympiakos. I predicted players would drop like flies and why. And I am not even a PhD, hahahaha.

Looks like we're getting our day in court at CAS???

Dutch Eagle, I expect you to put in a good word with the guy who is being noted on the sites. I assume all you legal scholars play golf together.

PAOK players agreed to approximate 12.5% wage cut due to Corona virus. However the wage cuts will be gradually eliminated if they reach several set goals (EL group stage, CL group stage).

Στον κάθε παίκτη έγινε μείωση 12,5% του συμβολαίου του, κάτι που σημαίνει πως θα μειωθεί το 50% των συμβολαίων για τον καθένα, από τους τρεις μήνες της αναστολής του πρωταθλήματος. Δηλαδή 1.5 μισθός.

Οι παίκτες του Φερέιρα θα πάρουν πίσω το 1/3 της μείωσης σε περίπτωση πρόκρισης τους στους ομίλους του Europa League την επόμενη σεζόν και ολόκληρα τα ποσά (δηλαδή σαν να μην υπήρξε πανδημία ποτέ) σε περίπτωση πρόκρισης στους ομίλους του Champions League.

https://inpaok.com/644484/afti-ine-i-symfonia-pae-pekton/

Who even knows what this means. I don't get the impression it's related to cleaning out the team (i.e., transfers out). Perhaps cleaning up the league? Perhaps...CAS-related? That would be silly since there is no way he'd have some info ahead of time on that. Perhaps just bluster?

Screenshot_20200608-203613_Instagram-sca

I think it means that some players are on their way out.

Most likely players leaving the team. Possibly also the coach. But is this a way to run a professional team? Posting silly pictures on Instagram. Who is he Donald Trump?

Some of the moves by George/Ivan put the team in difficult position with players transfers such as Khacheridi, Stoch, as well as handling past coaches (Ivic, Lucescu). 

Sometimes I feel like they are being advised by a bunch of 16 year old fans. Whoever said to bring Stoch back should be given the rock of shame and made to walk all the way to Bratislava.

Wow just when we thought it couldn't get any worse, Misic is ruled out for the rest of the season due to injury. With Augousto also gone that leaves us with Mauricio, Esiti and the young and untested Tsiggaras in central midfield. El Kaddouri started the season playing there so he might be another option. This surely must mean Wernbloom comes back into contention, at least on the bench. 

Holding on to 2nd place and making the Cup Final just became that little bit tougher.

https://www.paokfc.gr/nea/20200612-iatriko-deltio-gia-ton-josip-misic/ 

I think we can forget about Wernbloom as long as his contract situation is not resolved.

CAS announced that our case is scheduled for July 6th. 

Must hurry to arrange an appointment on the tee. 

Any idea how CAS works ?  What I mean is, will the issue be resolved quickly and once their decision is made, it's done ?  Reason I ask is, I've never heard of CAS actually overturning anything

1 hour ago, Bananas said:

Any idea how CAS works ?  What I mean is, will the issue be resolved quickly and once their decision is made, it's done ?  Reason I ask is, I've never heard of CAS actually overturning anything

Sun Yang says hi

So they overturned it, but took four months to announce findings? Lulz

For the die hards: you can buy a match worn shirt from tomorrow’s game. 

https://matchwornshirt.com/

Don’t think our shirts will be as expensive like that of Modric.

• Like it 1

Stoch uploaded a post on Instagram basically criticizing Ferreira and how he's been hardly used this season. While I agree that he should have been given more of a chance, I don't think going public with that type of thing is ever the way. It's just going to further divide the team and potentially create problems in the dressing room heading into a crucial game for our season. 

He later tried to back track and say he was emotional and he can offer more to the team (again I don't necessarily disagree) but damage has been done IMO. Interesting to see if he's involved anymore for the rest of the season. 

You can see both of his posts here

The CAS hearing that took place yesterday lasted 11 hours. Olympiakos asked to be allowed to present additional documentation at the end of the hearing but CAS refused.

I don't see CAS overturning any decisions made in Greece. They will probably just wash their hands of the whole issue by returning the case back to Greek Athletic justice.

CAS has ruled that the athletic court in Greece has to take on the case and that they have to try the case instead of just relying on a government agency. 

For now PAOK gets back the 7 point that were deducted from the standings.Same thing applies to Xanthi. They will get back their 12 points.

Blackhawk, was their 12 points also inclusive of a licensing issue? If that's the case, would it just be the 7?

Posted (edited)

I’m confused. What to expect and what to hope? Has someone the verdict as a link? Can’t see it yet on the site of CAS.

https://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/CAS_Media_Release_7019_7035.pdf

Edited by Dutch Eagle
It is now. I added the link in this post as well

It sounds like they're saying the Greek courts need to actually rule on this; since they never did then the points deductions can't be applied.

Interesting that Xanthi has no points returned. But perhaps they figured they could save some money by letting PAOK argue on their side and then take their chances that the entire case would be thrown out? Since presumably the court will still have to rule on both sides now.

Xanthi made the decision not to be part of the CAS proceedings and it appears as a result of this they will not get the points back for now.

Basically CAS said the case needs to be tried in the EPO's court of appeals, which was never done. It also said that the EEA decision which came out with the PAOK/Xanthi relegation is not binding.

PAOK (and Xanthi) can still be punished by EPO, when the case is tried. However it appears this will not be done before this season is over, so PAOK gets to keep it's points. Any punishment/point deductions will most likely be applied from next season.

This also means that the case can also come back to CAS after EPO Court of Appeals rules on the case. I am pretty sure the case will be back in CAS.

Yes, I see nothing written there about the merits of the actual case. Just that they want to see it go through the actual court first...