Phantis Forums

Possible PAOK Roster for 2016-2017

Blackhawk

Let's discuss possible PAOK roster for 2016-2017.

Here is what I want to see:

GOALKEEPER

TRANSFER

Glykos

Siabanis

DEFENSE

RB          

Matos                  

Kitsiou                 

Konstantinidis

CB

TRANSFER

Vitor

Malezas

Chatziisaias

Tzavellas

LB

Leovac

Gianoulis

(Matos)

(Tzavellas)

MIDFIELD

DEFENSIVE MID

TRANSFER          

Tziolis   

Kace

(Charisis)

OFFENSIVE MID                               

TRANSFER

Sakhov

Charisis                                

Cimirot

OFFENSE

RW                        

Rodrigues           

Mystakidis         

DEKARI

TRANSFER

Pelkas

(Pereyra)

LW

Mak

TRANSFER

Pereyra

CENTER FORWARD

TRANSFER

Klaus

Koulouris

Players to leave for good:  Melissas, Vellidis, Skondras, Golasa, Berbatov

Players to be loaned:          Jairo, Antonis, Korovesis, Sabo, Savvidis, Deligiannidis

• Like it 1

The over-90 club:

90% for Chatziisaias staying

94% for Charisis staying

92% for Cimirot staying

96% for Rodrigues

95% for Mistakidis

91% for Golasa leaving

Biggest surprise for me is only 87% approval for Mak.

The over-90 club:

90% for Chatziisaias staying

94% for Charisis staying

92% for Cimirot staying

96% for Rodrigues

95% for Mistakidis

91% for Golasa leaving

Biggest surprise for me is only 87% approval for Mak.

Agreed, Mak is probably the #1 player I'd put on the team sheet each week.  A bit harsh on Golasa but I don't think it's anything personal and unlike many players at PAOK, I think he'll leave on good terms.  Cimirot 92% ??  Should be 100%.

Let's not forget that Mak was a Goal missing machine early in the season...

If Mak scored most of his chances he'd be the top goal scorer in the league with probably 50 goals.  He is what he is.  At least he makes the opposition wary, and forces them to think twice about playing a high line.  His goals vs Dortmund were both excellent.  I'll be amazed if we can hold onto him next season and I don't see us finding a replacement easily.

Edited by Bananas

Agreed, Mak is probably the #1 player I'd put on the team sheet each week.  A bit harsh on Golasa but I don't think it's anything personal and unlike many players at PAOK, I think he'll leave on good terms.  Cimirot 92% ??  Should be 100%.

If Mak scored most of his chances he'd be the top goal scorer in the league with probably 50 goals.  He is what he is.  At least he makes the opposition wary, and forces them to think twice about playing a high line.  His goals vs Dortmund were both excellent.  I'll be amazed if we can hold onto him next season and I don't see us finding a replacement easily.

Let's say Mak stays at PAOK for another year. Just imagine he's again top scorer overall and even scored more goals than this season. If I were Ivan I'd invest in a new contract, regardless of what the price is in that case.

He's a quality player. If it wasn't for his accuracy, he wouldn't play for PAOK.

I believe we have to extend Mak's contract by the 31st December at the latest.  From 1st January 2017 he can sign for other teams.  Either way, the issue will be decided before then.  Mak is waiting to see what happens with Euro 2016 as is PAOK.  If he has a good tournament, I'm sure offers will start coming in.

He is definitely a quality player, even if his finishing is sub standard.  Having said that he still popped in 20 golakia this season.  Not bad for a winger.  I think Mak is one of those players who just falls through the cracks and needs a second chance.  He's definitely been a good buy for us.  Lucas is another example of a player that fell through the cracks.  You watch him now and he's leading the line for Deportivo, banging in goals in La Liga and yet this guy was playing for lowly Karpaty a few years back.  Just crazy.

Being able to identify those players is the trick. Unfortunately, I don't think there are many teams that can get a good ratio of diamonds to coal. Maybe only Shakhtar? But for them, it's mostly about their excellent academy system.

I believe we have to extend Mak's contract by the 31st December at the latest.  From 1st January 2017 he can sign for other teams.  Either way, the issue will be decided before then.  Mak is waiting to see what happens with Euro 2016 as is PAOK.  If he has a good tournament, I'm sure offers will start coming in.

He is definitely a quality player, even if his finishing is sub standard.  Having said that he still popped in 20 golakia this season.  Not bad for a winger.  I think Mak is one of those players who just falls through the cracks and needs a second chance.  He's definitely been a good buy for us.  Lucas is another example of a player that fell through the cracks.  You watch him now and he's leading the line for Deportivo, banging in goals in La Liga and yet this guy was playing for lowly Karpaty a few years back.  Just crazy.

You know what the difference between Mak & Lucas is? Mak has scored important goals while Lucas... well, he played only good against teams like Levadiakos or Spartak Trnava. Just remember how bad he was in the kypello final or in other crucial games.

It was the right thing to sell Lucas, he wasn't a paixtaras for PAOK. Mak on the other hand is a good player for us and it would be a shame to sell him just for the sake of money. However, he deserves something better than our mpourdello league.

• Like it 1

Mak missed more game winners that I can even count on 2 hands this season.  Lucas single handedly advanced the team in European competition.  Let's not get carried away.

I like Mak, don't get me wrong, but he's not on the same level as a Lucas....Lucas was mediocre for US, but he's a level above anything we have on our team.

Mak missed more game winners that I can even count on 2 hands this season.  Lucas single handedly advanced the team in European competition.  Let's not get carried away.

I like Mak, don't get me wrong, but he's not on the same level as a Lucas....Lucas was mediocre for US, but he's a level above anything we have on our team.

He definitely changed as a player as a result of the loan spell to Deportivo.  When he was with us, there were glimpses, but only glimpses.  At the beginning of this season, he really looked levels above the rest of the forwards.

• Like it 1

I haven't seen anything of Lucas against Schalke, gavros or Benfica, where was our "paixtaras" in the important games? Oh yeah, right, he scored against Shakter Karaganda and Spartak Trnava, that makes up for everything.

Mak had some stupid misses against no-name teams, but he scored this season alone more goals (and more assists) than Lucas. Not to mention that he scored twice against the biggest opponent we had for the last 15 years.

I would choose Mak over Lucas everytime and I don't care if the latter has more quality. He obviously didn't wanted to play for PAOK. He even said that himself, that's why he was loaned out after just one average season.

If you go back and read my previous posts, you're basically agreeing with me.  I said Lucas didn't play well for us before we loaned him out....he had some decent games at best...but Mak isn't (yet) at Lucas' level.  With more progress (which unfortunately I  don't think he can get in Greece) Mak can also be a star.

Lucas came in with the one thing he lacked when he played for us the 1st time.... confidence.  He came in off a decent season with Deportivo, and I'm sure he felt like he had a great season in him, and didn't want to waste it in the SL.

I hope we don't sell of Cimirot, Mak or Kace and Keep Pereyra on and then Loan out some of the guys that need to develop. 

Edited by BostonThanatos

Yeah, basically I'm agreeing with you. However, I don't think he appreciated his time at PAOK much. Maybe I'm just the one who doesn't appreciate him. The only sure thing is that he wanted to go back to Deportivo at all cost for whatever reason.

Mak clearly has enjoyed himself at PAOK more than Lucas did. Lucas also had a habit of being terrified during big games (which is why Vukic played so much towards the end of the season - and thank God we had him).

• Like it 1

Yeah, basically I'm agreeing with you. However, I don't think he appreciated his time at PAOK much. Maybe I'm just the one who doesn't appreciate him. The only sure thing is that he wanted to go back to Deportivo at all cost for whatever reason.

I agree 100%.  He wanted to go to Deportivo.  We were just a means for him to get out of the Ukraine where he was MISERABLE.  He never had an interest in playing for us, and when he was playing for us, he was mediocre at best.  He gained confidence in Spain and is now a stud.

I think we're pretty much in agreement on everything, lol.

I feel like Mak gained his confidence at PAOK.  Let's not forget, he was in Bundesliga for 4 years, and came to us when his team got relegated and he's a Manchester City prospect.  It's not like he's some scrub we plucked from the slums of Latin America.  

Edited by BostonThanatos
  • Like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

After the first round of transfers ...

GOALKEEPER

TRANSFER  (will it happen now that Vellidis is staying?)

Glykos

Vellidis

Siabanis

DEFENSE

RB          

Matos                  

Kitsiou                 

Konstantinidis

CB

TRANSFER

TRANSFER

Malezas

Chatziisaias

Tzavellas

LB

Leovac

Gianoulis

(Matos)

(Tzavellas)

MIDFIELD

DEFENSIVE MID

TRANSFER          

Tziolis   

Kace

(Charisis)

OFFENSIVE MID                               

TRANSFER

Sakhov

Charisis                                

Cimirot

OFFENSE

RW                        

Djalma

Rodrigues           

Mystakidis         

DEKARI

TRANSFER

Pelkas

(Pereyra)

LW

Mak

TRANSFER

Pereyra

CENTER FORWARD

TRANSFER

Klaus

Koulouris

Players that left for good:  Vitor, Berbatov

Players loaned:          

• 2 weeks later...

Time for an update:

GOALKEEPER

TRANSFER  (will it happen now that Vellidis is staying?)

Glykos

Vellidis

Siabanis

DEFENSE

RB          

Matos                  

Kitsiou                 

Konstantinidis

(Crespo)

CB

TRANSFER

Crespo

Malezas

Chatziisaias

Tzavellas

LB

Leovac

Gianoulis

(Matos)

(Tzavellas)

(Crespo)

MIDFIELD

DEFENSIVE MID

TRANSFER          

Tziolis   

Kace

(Charisis)

OFFENSIVE MID                               

Biseswar

Sakhov

Charisis                                

Cimirot

OFFENSE

RW                        

Djalma

Rodrigues           

Mystakidis         

DEKARI

TRANSFER

Pelkas

(Pereyra)

LW

Mak

TRANSFER

Pereyra

CENTER FORWARD

TRANSFER

Klaus

Koulouris

Players that left for good:  Vitor, Berbatov, Golasa

Players loaned:          

The squad size is already getting quite large.  I don't know how some players are going to get adequate game time.  I can see quite a few players being loaned out.

4-3-3

If Ivic plays a 4-3-3, he has the following players to pick from.

Midfield : Tziolis, Kace, Charisis, Cimirot, Shakhov.  Possibly Biseswar.

Wings: Djalma, Rodrigues.  Possibly Mak, Jairo, Pelkas, Mystakidis.

4-2-3-1

If Ivic plays a 4-2-3-1, he has the following players to pick from.

Midfield : Tziolis, Kace, Charisis, Cimirot, Shakhov.

Wings: Djalma, Rodrigues.  Possibly Mak, Jairo, Pelkas, Mystakidis.

Dekari: Pelkas, Biseswar.  Possibly Pereyra, Mystakidis.

So many permutations.  Ivic has his work cut out just trying to pick a best 11.  Then again, we will probably have 15 players injured by half way through the season and we'll be slotting in players into unnatural positions and then fans will be demanding more metagrafes.

How is this for a line up.

Glykos                   

Matos   --  Crespo  -- Tzevallas --  Leovac

Cimirot -- Shakhov             

Mak    -- Biseswar -- Rodrigues      

Klaus                     

Bench: Vellidis, Chatzi, Kace, Charisis, Pelkas, Mystakidis, Pereyra.

• Like it 1