Phantis Forums

UEFA Cup: Panionios vs Bordeaux

ukchris

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is devastating to say the least. i guess one can say this is the classic example of a young and eager side that really doesn't know how to play for a result.

no one knows how to hold up the ball? make the safe pass? take advantage of bordeaux pressing?

if this was an experienced side, this could be a manger-killer or a match that can send the side spiraling down. the stakes were high and panionios failed miserably after placing themselves in fantastic position.

if they can find a quality centerback in january along with the choutos playing for them in a few weeks, panionios has an outside chance to play in uefa again next year. if they do qualify for uefa, time to find an experienced midfielder in summer transfer season - one that can hold the ball, along with a classy centerback.

Their midfield is ok, and I think eventually Makos will develop into the midfielder that can hold the ball. Gondoulakis, Skoufalis, and Kumordzi are all good players.

Their problem is at CB. They get beat by even the most pedestrian through ball. Like today.

These guys are a CB and striker away froim challenging the top 3.

From a winner, leader Galatasaray to a loser, dependent, poor Galatasaray. I wish I could never see my team like that. It would have been better to stay out, which could force the managers to make necessary changes. Now, this s%$#! football will carry on, and since we will be matched with stronger teams, the consequences will be more painful for Cimbom supporters. An undeserved promotion served on a golden French tray. It is even worse to get it by French help!

Other than Bordeaux, ALL the teams from this group deserved to be eliminated! :tdown:

Feels like last night was a horrible bad dream. Still can't believe we've gone out. This will be one of those results that haunts Panionios fans for a long time. To be *so* close to the knock out stages and then blow it really hurts.

I guess you have to blame the players for throwing away the lead, but, ultimately, we went out because we were chasing the win we thought we needed. We had some amazing chances just before they scored their third, which was a classic breakaway goal.

Of course, it's just plain tragic that it turned out a draw would've been enough because of the other scores.

Such a pity. Obviously we've got to focus on making sure we're back in Europe next year, but this is a bitter pill to swallow.

:( :( :( :( :( :(

From a winner, leader Galatasaray to a loser, dependent, poor Galatasaray. I wish I could never see my team like that. It would have been better to stay out, which could force the managers to make necessary changes. Now, this s%$#! football will carry on, and since we will be matched with stronger teams, the consequences will be more painful for Cimbom supporters. An undeserved promotion served on a golden French tray. It is even worse to get it by French help!

couldn't have said it better..

and those freaks at GSTV still talk about our chances in the UEFA Cup.. F**n hell' What chance are you chatting on? We didn't even qualify for then next round, Bordeaux bought us the ticket and handed it to us!

and Pano was hugely unlucky as the third goal simply came from nowhere jsut after missing a golden chance to wrap things up..

Archived