Phantis Forums

Corruption In Greek Football

warzycha

Something in Greek football is not right and needs to be investigated. You may well find a Juventus type scenario with Mr Kokkalis at the fore front

They did and it was buried. Kokkalis is too big to be put on trial for worse things (treason) let alone football.

Greece= Banana Republic.

The same way Captain Vardinogiannis was back in the 80's????????????????

Something in Greek football is not right and needs to be investigated. You may well find a Juventus type scenario with Mr Kokkalis at the fore front

They did and it was buried. Kokkalis is too big to be put on trial for worse things (treason) let alone football.

Greece= Banana Republic.

What are the question marks for?

You're not to sure when and where or if and how?

:rolleyes:

I just want to say,that this topic has no sense.

You are talking about corruption in the Greek football but you are missing the point.It s the entire mechanism.

Every little thing in Greece it is corrupted.For example lets say that you have a health problem and you need a surgeon.

If you dont pay the doctor with YOUR OWN money noone will care about you and you ll wait a long time.I have personally

experienced this back in 92 when my grandmother went to AHEPA hospital in Salonicca for an eye problem (egheirisi kattarahti)

They asked for money and we did not want to give them.We were stubburn.But after 2 or 3 weeks we gave up.We payed

and pouf..just like God infront of Moses...the next day my grandmother was surged(de xero an grafete etsi)

Another example are the plates of the cars.If you pay the right person you have the plate

in 30min.Yes its true.If you dont pay you wait about 30/40 days to ride

The Police?hmm...I can go on like this(giving examples)for long long time.I can even write a book

The truth is(and everyone of you who lived in greece knows that)that our country

it is like this,and we need about 25 years to change this situation so noone does something to change it.

Kokkalis or if you prefer Mr Kokkalis just did like the others greeks do with the budget that he has.

If I had the money of kokkalis i would probably and i say probably did the same thing with my team.

Pay the right persons to have the right treatment

Best post i have read in a long long time in these forums..... :tup:

So long as there is money(betting or whatever) involved in ANY SPORT.... there will be corruption.... FULL STOP!!!!

ITALY WON THE WORLD CUP with corruption.... any1 who follows football and has atleast some knowledge of it will know this....

unbelivable oly does it again 2 down and win win it again something dosent sit right with me is this club just to good in our league or is there other factors at work aek got a fair result cuz they obviously looked tanked from there cl match and had nothing left in the i wonder if oly was in aek position and they were the wons in uefa if they would have some how found a way to bet xanthi at home hummmmmmmmmmmm??? eh kokali whay would of happend kupie kokaki would you of waived your corrupt wond and won it at the death something dosent smell right 9 titles in 10 years!!!!!!!!! real teams like aek pao paok aris dont stand a hell of achance in for a cup and title but when u see oly in europa there a laughin stock and in the league there practicly unbeATABLE DOES OUR LEAGUE TEAMS SUCK OR IS OLY THAT DAMN GOOD HUMMMMMMMMM?? I WONDER lets cut the bull there is great teams in the league someone is messing with olys games call me what ever u want i said it before investigate kokalis and lets see what would happend aek and pao are havine exceptional runs in europe they desev afighting chance for agreek league title buy with kokalis the puppet master never gonna happen it makes me sick that aek play so hard and give it all the have and get f?%k ed in our mighty super league what a joke bravo loy for anther spectacular come back cant waith till u come to our house and do the same to us kokali judasAEK THA PEI NA TRAGOUDAS STI VROHI ME TA MATIA DRAKPISMENA AEK U ARE ONE AND ONLY LOVE

Greece= Banana Republic.

What are the question marks for?

You're not to sure when and where or if and how?

:rolleyes:

STOU KREMASMENOU TO SPITI DEN PREPEI NA MILANE GIA SXINI....... ;)

im sick of this relegate oly right now. How can u come from 2 goals down to ARIS whilst playing shithouse then at halftime. the game transforms, and oly are playing like Chelsea and Aris are playing like READING. C'mon if PAO lost to aris dont you think it would be a little difficult to come back from 2-0 down.these two fixed games gave oly an automatic 6 points. if they werent fixed PAO and AEK top of the league. kokkalis is a cheating son of a bitch. 9 titles in 10 years and one quarter final CL in 10 years the rest 4th place something is a little fishy

Success at a crap greek 1st division (or superleague whatever) does not equall success in CL. Look at all the teams that advanced and how many of the 16 are from Germany, Italy, England and Spain.

Greek teams will never do well in Champions League until the mid level teams improve dramatically.

tahmazis11--just becausse olympiakos wins in greece doesn't mean crap in europe. look at rangers winning all those scottish cups and how well they did.

Be realists folks

Success at a crap greek 1st division (or superleague whatever) does not equall success in CL. Look at all the teams that advanced and how many of the 16 are from Germany, Italy, England and Spain.

Greek teams will never do well in Champions League until the mid level teams improve dramatically.

tahmazis11--just becausse olympiakos wins in greece doesn't mean crap in europe. look at rangers winning all those scottish cups and how well they did.

Be realists folks

Why? Celtic qualified this year for the last 16 and Rangers went to the last 8 last season, and the Scottish league is weaker than the Greek. You take the Top 6 Greek sides, say Olympiakos, AEK, PAO, PAOK, Xanthi, and Atromitos played the top 6 Scottish sides over 2 legs, Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibernian, and Kilmarnock, we would win more games EASILY!! AEK proved what they could do to Hearts this season with a 5-1 agg. decimation, and that was before AEK had clicked as a team. I agree, increased competition would help the big sides in Greece BUT its not the main reason we struggle in Europe.

AEK were unlucky this year, and PAO have been poor for a few years, prior to that they were doing well in Europe. Olympiakos' main problem is that we have defensive weaknesses. I mean, let's honestly analyse our games:

Game 1 (Valencia at home): We desevedly took the lead then they went 2-1 up because of individual defensive errors. We were quiet until we equalised then had to BIG chances to score (Ribo's opne goal and Konstantinou's great header). Then they score 2 shitty goals from corners. When you consider the general play we deserved to win but for arguments sake lets just say we should have had 1 point.

Game 2 (Shakhter away): This was an open game and the goals we conceded were both errors from Anatolakis, AND we could have won it, esp with Konstantinou's last min opportunity (again open goal!). But again lets say a point was fair.

Game 3 (Roma at home): In the first 20 mins we couldnt string 3 passes together but after that we dominated, having a goal disallowed and hitting the bar. Then in the 2nd half they scored on the counter because Georgatos failed to track his runner, but generally they offered little and this was a game we should have won.

Game 4 (Roma away): We took the lead and really should have held it, but for another defensive error from Anatolakis. But once more we'll say a point was fair.

Game 5 (Valencia away): We were poor and deserved to lose.

Game 6 (Shakhter home): Individual errors from Nikopolidis and the defender that left the scorer alone, again in general play we should have won.

Thus, we quite easily could have had 9 points (2 wins, 3 draws and 1 defeat) which would have put us through. However we failed from set pieces and individual errors!! These are just minor details which need to be ironed out because they are punished at the top level. However, it has nothing to do with mid-table teams in the league being weaker. We need (1) a top defensive coach to work on set pieces, and defending as a unit under pressure, esp from crosses. (2) Kokkali to put his hand in his pocket and sign a few players!!!

Despite how it seems, Greek teams aren't that far off other leagues. The Dutch league and the French (once you take out Lyon) arent much stronger for example, its just minor details!

^^^^^^^^^

Ok friend, you should have won 2 matches pass to the next round and after beating Chelsea and Man Utd. (if they weren't lucky) you should win the competition@oaka! This seems more proper after this year's appearances....right?

I can't understand why in success (blepe p.x. aris,egaleo) it is the value of olympiakos that counts while in failure it's our own mistakes or the bad luck that cost and not the superiority of the others....U must realize that in the same mentality you face teams like the aboves in here, european clubs face your team!

Archived