Phantis Forums

EURO 2008: Bosnia-Hercegovina - Greece

Ziaka

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goal4Replay.net

4th goal had to be a fluke, all the players were pissing them self laughin...

still a VERY nice goal  :gr:

It may have been a fluke, but he wouldn't be the first.

What about Skoko's goal against Hellas in Melbourne?

He could take 100 of those shots and never score again, and he does it against Greece!

a few things: after otto had the courage (or, maybe desperation) to use an attacking 4-3-3 last saturday, otto went back to some type of repulsive 4-5-1. samaras, up front, alone..with charisteas in theory playing right midfield, and stelios in theory playing left midfield. no way was this a 4-3-3. stelios was all over the pitch, and charisteas at times was playing in his own 1/3 of the pitch. whatever formation that was, it was not effective at all. i think greece strung together 3 passes twice, in the half.

i think in theory, stelios, charisteas and maybe even samaras should constantly change position from left to right and thus confuse the bosnian defense.

watching the game your phrasing of flintstones football came to mind. what we play has to be some of the worst football to watch, on the euopean scene. very old school and resorting to phoney high balls really kills any sort of decent flow in our offense.

as you and len pointed out three passes at most. very sad showing if you compare it to most sides around and given the fact that this match really went our way. a dorean penalty, a red card what more can you ask for. but 10 bosnians actually controlled the game against the euro winners. still the highest victory ever under ottos direction will distort the picture...

the only positive aspect apart from the goals and the three points was the resurrection of patsa. i hope this means patsa playing as def mid and not in giourkas role. never know with otto...

perhaps teaming up patsa with katsouranis in def mid could give basinas the ability to direct our offense. karagounis just wont do the trick as the lone dekari. let him come off the bench to add some pathos when we need it as he did for inter and benfica.

@akritis_1944:

why should allah be praised for our victory in bosnia??

@akritis_1944:

why should allah be praised for our victory in bosnia??

I dont know. I've been hearing and reading in the media the last few years a lot about Allah. I thought it would be real cool to have this great All'ah blessing us.

I guess if it is good enough for the 1/2 Cypriot Cat Stevens (originally Georgiou) to follow Allah and change his name to Yusuf islam and Zlatan Ibrahimovic to not be known as Zoran Abramovic, then why not have Allah bless our victory in the muslim holy land of Zenica?!?

Maybe we can get Madonna with her fake English accent to get her Kabbalah contacts to bless us as well!

Allah knows full well that Mr Otto Rehhagel has jumped the f**king shark!

:gr: ZHTW ELLAS!

I just saw the goal highlights on www.Goal4Replay.net and here's what I saw.

1- Clear hand ball on the 1st goal. The Bosnian player had his hand the height of his head....clearly a bad play on his part and a good call by the referee.

2- Nice pass by Samaras and a better finish by Patsatzlglou. Simple play but executed perfectly.

3- Great lead pass to Samaras who made the finish look easy. Haven't we said that we want some better finishing....well it happened in this game in the end.

4- Goalie made a mental mistake by playing too far off the line and then reacted very slowly. Bad mistake by the Bosnian keeper as he should have never let this happen.

Not being able to see the whole game I can't make a comment about the play in general but scoring 4 goals on the road against Bosnia still shows that Greece is moving forward. The national team still has a way to go but they are tied for 1st so the news is good.

Hello fans,

As i had predicted in my last post the atmosphere was more than hot,

it was outright hostile, bordering on denjerous. Bravo for the brave boys, that

didn't fall for intimidations.Ethniki, did what it had to do,and a lot more. I'm quite

confidente,that Otto has cristalized some formations in his head.Now, if we could

only get all the players healthy for the next game.Ones again congratulations,

Bravo Boys!!!.

Regards,

Apollo.

Ellada panda Ellada!!. :tup: :gr:

len EISAI ARRWSTOS AGORI MOY POY DEN PEKSAME KALA.RE POY EISTE OLOI ESEIS POY KATAKRINATE TON OTTO TOSOYS MHNES??????

E M I R where are you my friend??? Poor bosnians you dson't know what real you are...you had more tourkish than bosnian flags , now keep it to.........remember Greece for ever! Nice stadium....no even 10.000 fans and you want guys to win the WINNER OF EURO-2004?????? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Contra.gr says the wrong player was sent off.....

And if this is the case, Bosnia-Herzegovina will bitch and is there a possibility it will have to be replayed???

No, as per FIFA rules a decision of the referee is definitive....except if he writes on his report that he did sent off the wrong player..... , which never ever happened.

Despite that... it was not a foul... as Giannakopoulos dove clearly... and this for me is a disgrace..to take such an advantage.... as per the 55 minute... And it s unfair for the Bosnian player.

As for the penalty... as per FIFA rules.. it s allowed to protect your face.... in putting your hands..infront of your face, which did the Bosnian player by a reflex movement...and considering the fact that he was only one meter away of Giannakopoulos...his reaction is understandable...would his hands not be there...the ball would have hit his head anyway.

Personally, I could not celebrate the victory emotionally.... due to the very, very severe penalty...and the wrong given red card to the Bosnian Player.... instead giving a yellow to Giannakopoulos.....

2 Actions, which were very important for the result....of the game...

Contra.gr says the wrong player was sent off.....

And if this is the case, Bosnia-Herzegovina will bitch and is there a possibility it will have to be replayed???

No, as per FIFA rules a decision of the referee is definitive....except if he writes on his report that he did sent off the wrong player..... , which never ever happened.

Despite that... it was not a foul... as Giannakopoulos dove clearly... and this for me is a disgrace..to take such an advantage.... as per the 55 minute... And it s unfair for the Bosnian player.

As for the penalty... as per FIFA rules.. it s allowed to protect your face.... in putting your hands..infront of your face, which did the Bosnian player by a reflex movement...and considering the fact that he was only one meter away of Giannakopoulos...his reaction is understandable...would his hands not be there...the ball would have hit his head anyway.

Personally, I could not celebrate the victory emotionally.... due to the very, very severe penalty...and the wrong given red card to the Bosnian Player.... instead giving a yellow to Giannakopoulos.....

2 Actions, which were very important for the result....of the game...

I agree 100%, Lets take the 3pts and run. 9 out of 9 pts is where we want to be. With games at home vs Bosnia Moldova Malta(plus away match),Hungary(plus away). Only Magnifies our GAMES with Turkey and our trip to Norway.

We must get maximum points in Athens!!!!!

Hellas Kypros Enwsis, Lets not jump back on the OTTO bandwagon,from what I saw this week, my opinion. Since the 2nd half of Norway I've seen a Greece side that has been very disorganised offensively and a side that has been scrambling when team are running at them, granted in the air Anatolakis and Kyriakos are beasts!

In Bosnia from the 10 minute mark the announcer mentions Karagounis injury meanwhile Otto leaves him out there for another 25 minutes ,we were playing 10-11 for 25 minutes what was Otto waiting for Karagounis to self heal???

Offensively what is OTTO's plan, for 2 games, ok 1 game we'll let the Norway pitch conditions slide. This team can not string 3 good passes together we canot generate an attack from the back to the midfield to the strikers. It's all high balls hope for a mistake and capitalize. Even our set pieces dont look good anymore.

Now maybe Otto's resolve and in my opinion His kserokefalia has rubbed off on our boys because they are running hustling and gotten maximum points in 3 games. But please dont throw praise to him , we were outplayed for 81 minutes by a side that we should have dominated at one point ball possesion( a dumb stat but a statistic) was 67- 33 on there end.They looked faster they looked more organised . This from a team who lost 2-5 to Hungary(who lost to Malta)

I will not bash( because I do not think we have better options),but I'll will not sit here and Praise Otto either . I'll praise him when we qualify!

Yesterday

Nikopolidis 5 made the saves he had to his reaction always look late like he was not expecting the player to shoot,on crosses Horrible.

Giourkas 4 Not the same player we saw Saturday,never attempted any runs, could be that he had no chemistry with Charisteas on the right side,defensively got turned aroun a couple of times.

Anatolakis 5 not a fan but the man battles for 90 minutes

Kyriakos 7 Clears everything makes forwards pay the price on highballs the heart of our D right now.

Fyssas 6 handled his wing better than Giourkas,would have loved to see him score at the end.

Katsouranis 4.5 not until Otto pushed him up you hardly heard his name, made 2 bad clearnces near ouyr net,nice GOAL!

Karagounis No grade the guy was on 1 leg, get heakthy Georgie

Stelios 4 because he should have finished that ball in the early moments,he dove for the red (dont go nuts guys we all bashed Henry when he did it) 1 thing stuck with me he had a ball on the left side where he could have struck it left foot and didn't,why play him there,he played well wtih Giourkas on the right (minutes later Samaras shows his class with the left foot)

Basinas 3 It seemed he was 1 step behind every play

Zagorakis I will not grade a man who is at the end of a great career,who has served EPO and the fans with grit and class bravo ARHIGE!!!!!!!!!!

Patstsoglou 8 came in commited a hard foul scored a goal set up a goal,TI ALO THELIS! Hoping Otto finds a spot for him ASAP def-mid moving Katsouranis up???

Charisteas 5 scores from the spot,ran hard,but cannot play the wing,no passing skills

Amanatidis no grade hopefully he keeps it up in GERMANY ,and Otto places him in the 11kada on the left sidewith samaras and Stelios.

Samaras 6 was very quiet in the 1st half ,he ran which is a good sign, but he showed he is a player when we get him the ball.

We are on our way!!!

Otto isn't responsible for these results. OFI-mtl has explained it way better than I could, because I get annoyed with Otto.

He has lost the plot. He isn't going anywhere anytime soon so I will drop it, but 3 results don't erase the pain of 2 years of misery post Euro 04.

I still can't believe we lost to Australia!!!! The same team that last night could only beat Bahrain's Olympic team 2 - 0.

Anyway, now to the present and hopefully postive future the "result" last night was excellent, but lets put it into some sort of perspective.

Bosnia has been extremely poor this qualifying campaign. They lost to Hungary at home by 1 - 3 while Hungary lost to Malta last night and got humiliated at home 1 -4 against Norway. So that being said, a 0 - 4 victory against a 10 man team that for the most part outplayed us is a fantastic result, but not necessarily a great performance.

We still require a more youthful shake-up.

How about a straight swap with Illiadis of PAOK for the retiring Zagoraki?? What do the PAOK fans think of Illiadis as a future member of the ethniki?

Also after Patsa's performance, maybe he should be in the starting 11 instead of Fyssas?

Hopefully OFI-mtl is right and we are indeed on our way!

very hard to judge yesterdays game.

it was the highest victory with otto as coach. yet it was actually a horrible performance from the 10 th to the 80 th minute against the worst bosnian team ever and with crucial decisions going our way. i am not saying the referee was biased towards us but if you get a penalty that you normally dont get in the 10th minute you expect the game to go differently.

then there is a red card for the wrong player for a stelios dive and still we play poor. of course we didnt get a second penaltzy and the giorkas fouls wasnt booked. but major decisions went our way and we still didnt manage to take any advantage of it and looked extremly poor. seeing the two teams without knowing who is playing no one would think a european champion was on the pitch.

now to say otto is great again is wrong. we were very lucky anf d if you compare our game to the average european side its really horrible. even bosnia could pull better combinations than we did. we are not there yet. the high balls which seem our only strategy were played out in the early nineties at the latest.

judging from the result yesterday was a great game but if you actually saw it, you felt remindend of our game in kazackstan or albania more than anything...

@akritis: iliadis could well be asolution but in def midfield we are set with patsas return. also given ottos take on team renewal i woud be surprised if we see iliadis anytime soon. i would bet that otto doesnt even know him ...just a guess :whistle:

Great European night!

We finally crack it for a decent (score wise victory) and England lose as well.

Praise be to the almighty Allah!

I haven't seen any of the match, but we scored 3 goals in the 5 minutes which as Aek66 points out, is probably flattering.

Either way...I still say SACK Otto! But hey, this is just me...what would I know?

are u a greek muslim? :o :huh:

well with 36 points to play for!

we now got 9 for 3 and still have 9 games left!

6 points against malta =15

3 points against moldovia =18

3 points against turkey(lets say we lose the 2nd game in turkey) =21

3 points against hungary(lets say we lose in hungary) =24

0 points against norway(lets say we lose in norway) =24

3 points against bosnia =27

total points is 27!!!!

i have never heard of any team not making atleast 2nd place with thoose many points + we will with 95% qualify direct with thoose many!

:gr: :gr: :gr:

en EISAI ARRWSTOS AGORI MOY POY DEN PEKSAME KALA

Re file, eides to paixnidi? An nai, eides esi tin omada na paizei bala? Ego eida mia omada xoris kentro kai epithesi pou den borouse na allaksei 3 pases, ekane tou kosmou tis giomes apo tin amina, kai eixe paradothei stous anikanous bosnious. De leo, xairomai gia to apotelesma, kai makarai otan de paizoume toulaxiston na pairnoume tous 3 bathmous opos kaname xthes, alla oxi kai na mou peis oti piaksame kala. Auto na mou to leges meta to paixnidi me tous Norvigous kai tha symfonousa apolita, alla an pame kai paiksoume opos xthes enation kamias sobaris omadas tha exoume megala problimata.

Guest Protathlitis7

Cop that you muslim serbs. turkish flags were brought out and turkiye was chanted to remind yourselves of how your ancenstors and grandmothers bowed to them.

where are the bosnians who were on the forum now? maybe they have become hindus now..

len EISAI ARRWSTOS AGORI MOY POY DEN PEKSAME KALA.RE POY EISTE OLOI ESEIS POY KATAKRINATE TON OTTO TOSOYS MHNES??????

E M I R where are you my friend??? Poor bosnians you dson't know what real you are...you had more tourkish than bosnian flags , now keep it to.........remember Greece for ever! Nice stadium....no even 10.000 fans and you want guys to win the WINNER OF EURO-2004?????? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

yeah, i watched the game, the ref killed the contest, we get a russian again but anyway bosnia played well with 10 men everything came down after the red card which was given to the wrong player after a dive by the greeks, i also noticed that greece plays very negative is this always the case ?. Important to note that before the greece match some of bosnian stars have left the team as protest against the corrupt football federation which is heavily linked to the mafia. Bosnia is in real problems atm. As for the stadium its a small 18k stadium which before this qualifiers was never lost on. someone said it was a hostile environment, it was but not because greece was playing but because they want everyone out of the federation. There is a lot of time between the next match i hope things will change............. anyway good luck to you boys in the following games

Yes lol I firmly agree ;) Spot on with that comment

For political reasons, and so both teams can stay happy.

Wtf does a scoreline have to do with political reasons??? We'll win 1-0 at the Karaiskaki and make it 4 games = 12 points!

Archived