Phantis Forums

EURO 2008: Bosnia-Hercegovina - Greece

Ziaka

Now now I wouldn't do that. We all know Greece needs the 3 pts more than what Turkey wanted. They got 5 months before they get themselves ready for a bloody encounter with our "friends".

Note - The only way Greece would to lose Turkey is if they make blunders at the backline (like Basinas vs. Ukraine :angry:).

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Justice will be served this time now that the pous** Frisk is no longer controling matches. Greece 2-1 over Turkiye.

35' Giannakopoulos

76' Samaras

90 + 1' Hakan Sukur ;) (That's for you Turkcell :D )

Ahh tank you very much

But you forget Tuncay Sanli in minute 90+2

so 2-2 one point for every body.

so :

35' Giannakopoulos

76' Samaras

90 + 1' Hakan Sukur

90 +2 'Tuncay Sanli

Greece - Turkey 2-2

I got a better one, check this out:

Goals Scored

35' Giannakopoulos

76' Samaras

90 + 1' Sukur

(90 + 3' Penalty Missed Tuncay) :P

Red Card

45' Emre

88' Basturk

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I like that one! :D

35' Giannakopoulos

76' Samaras

90 + 1' Sukur

(90 + 3' Penalty Missed Tuncay) :P

Red Card

45' Emre

88' Basturk

yes ok but ....

in minute .89 U.Karan comes for Sabri

90+4 a wide ranged pass from Rustu to U.Karan he is fast very fast believe me

like Tuncay . So we will have still a 2-2 .

90 +4 U. Karan (5 minutes to play cause lots of breaks in the game)

Turkish team has so many good strikers one of them must score there is no other way.

Note - The only way Greece would to lose Turkey is if they make blunders at the backline (like Basinas vs. Ukraine :angry:).

i've been reading this nonsense ever since that game.

1) basinas was playing sweeper, out of his normal position.

2) a high ball hit seitaridi, and seitaridi COULD NOT control the ball. the ball rebounded and rolled into the path of the ukrainian.

3) basina, watching the play...probably expected seitaridi to either control or clear that high ball. basina was facing the play...and was caught flat-footed when the ball deflected into the path of the ukrainian.

4) caught flat-footed, basina tried and failed to make a last-ditch tackle on the ukrainian. the ball deflected and rolled prefect for the ukrainian.

tell me, what else could basinas have done?

at the time, me and northwesterner noticed this. find a replay..before the ball hitting seitaridi and you will see the truth.

5) basinas cleared a turkish lob onto the bar during the greece x turkey match. maybe some other greek defender puts that into his own net.

Who is making the sloppy tackle attempt? Bainas or Setaridis -0 it is unclear- I thught it was Basina- and who is watching the guy run bye him?

See I knew it was Basinas who made that stupid slide tackle attempt, nobody here should tell me what just happened in that game!!! :angry:

If you want to refer to that Ukrainian player, it was Andri Husin who scored the "gifted" goal. :angry:

I still can't believe how many easy chances Greece wasted!!!! :angry:

See I knew it was Basinas who made that stupid slide tackle attempt, nobody here should tell me what just happened in that game!!! :angry:

If you want to refer to that Ukrainian player, it was Andri Husin who scored the "gifted" goal. :angry:

I know its a nightmare, but still, if that didnt happen the players wouldn't be so up for it now and we wouldnt be winning EURO 2008 :P

Charisteas' lazy offside was disgusting

U. Karan? What club does he play for?

Is Faith Tekke still in the Turkish squad?  :)

U.Karan is a player of Galatasaray. a striker.

He shots two goals against Liverpool 2 weeks ago.

Galatasaray lost that night against Liverpool in England 3-2.

In the last two month Karan shot 13 goals in the turkish league.

So he will be 100% one of the first choices against Greece in March 2007.

Fatih Tekke is still in the squad but he is injured. Tekke is playing in Russia (Zenit).But I think Tekke will also be fit against Greece. the coach wont have a striker problem against Greece. Also Emre will be able to play so a important middlefielder will be ready.

It will be very interesting game in Greece cause greek team is also very strong at the moment. This time I dont believe that a 0-0 will be the final score.

no one here denied basinas made the last ditch tackle attempt, i said that 2-3 times. are you sherlock holmes for pinpointing that basinas failed to make that tackle? i think the kapafla gives it away.

the ball deflected off of seitaridis who could not control or clear the ball properly. basinas was caught flat-footed.

where did that ball come from, and was that ball expected to go where it did?

if you can't answer that...then, what can i say? where did that ball come from?

explain the whole play.

Having just seen the whole play 3 times I fail to see how this goal was Seitaridis' fault, where exactly do you blame seitaridis? Where does he fail to control the ball when he should have? Please enlighten us.

no one here denied basinas made the last ditch tackle attempt, i said that 2-3 times. are you sherlock holmes for pinpointing that basinas failed to make that tackle? i think the kapafla gives it away.

the ball deflected off of seitaridis who could not control or clear the ball properly. basinas was caught flat-footed.

where did that ball come from, and was that ball expected to go where it did?

if you can't answer that...then, what can i say? where did that ball come from?

explain the whole play.

Didn't you see the replay from YouTube? Seitaridis was not involve in the play, no ball bounced off of him, probably a Ukrainian player made a quick flick pass to the Ukrainian player on the left in which he made the final pass to Husin while he was running when Basinas attempted to tackle away the ball, which he didn't.

Basinas will and ALWAYS be held responsible for that defensive miscue which costed Greece a place in the World Cup. Not that I hate Basinas, but it's something he will learn from his mistake. No matter what position you play, you are assigned to play there. Hell, I played out of position myself sometimes, yet I never bitch at my coach. It's something I should try to learn something new for a change.

seitaridis couldn't control or couldn't clear a high ball, allowing ukraine the opportunity. that is how ukraine gained possession and launched the quick counter. i just saw the clip, if that clip went back another 2 seconds...then you guys would have seen the mistake that started the move. there are other posters that saw the same thing and posted that right after the match.

take a few minutes and read the greece x ukraine thread. the posts and comments there were fresh after we had watched the match. almost a year and a half, the moments of that match are fuzzy.

So you blame the guy that failed to win a ball in the oppositions half despite having another 4-5 teamates behind him??? :LOL:

• 2 weeks later...

Greece will beat turkey 1-0 in a game that will be dominated by Greece the same way we dominated norway, who i really believe are the threat in this group ;)

Archived