Phantis Forums

EURO 2008: Bosnia-Hercegovina - Greece

Ziaka

Again a wise and mythological statement by you !

Weren't you not the one... , that forecasted a game's result as either win, draw or loss ?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ahh re Darkhorse... you're swiftly becoming a legend with those gaffes re file!! Keep it up! :tup:

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I can't believe some of the negativity in these posts, do us all a favour a stop the whinging! Moldova are a decent side at home, they have good movement and can create an upset as Italy know. We went there, controlled the game and won 1-0.

Then came Norway. The conditions were horrendous and for those who are saying we only managed to win because they couldn't pass on the that pitch prove they know nothing about football. Norway are used to playing in those conditions, they are known as a long-ball ball side, and yet we beat them at their own game! We beat them in the air and when we got the ball down we outpassed them. So what if we sat back in the 2nd half? When Italy sit back and hold on its ok because its Italy??? We scored, shut the game down and won with barely any support there and shitty pitch conditions! Otto made brave moves and it paid off!

Then came Bosnia away, a VERY tough fixture! Hostile atmosphere against a side known for their ability to move the ball quickly. And what happened? We scored on 9 mins (when we could have been 3 up already) then we played a controlled game. We always looked like we could get a goal, Patsa's Lob, Samaras' open goal that he missed, etc. Tell me how many big chances they had? It was a professional display and we have maximum points! I thought Otto made a huge mistake by not taking off Haristea who was leaving Patsa exposed an unbelievable amount in the 2nd, but still they made no reall clear cut chance. If we sit back and strangle the life out of a game JUST like we did then BRAVO! That's what we want! Would you have a preferred an open game leading to them scoring on a counter?

My ratings:

Nikopolidis 5: Had nothing to do except for a few crosses which he fumbled! Poor display.

Seitaridis 7: Wasn't as good as he was against Norway but his role was different. He completely shut them out on the right hand-side until his injury.

Kyriakos 8: Solid as a rock looked comfortable the whole night and didn't put a foot wrong. He won everything in the air and once more showed that he is an absolute beast!

Anatolakis 7: Looked good tonight, seems to be fitting well alongside Kyriako.

Fyssas 7: Looked good. Most of their attacks came from the right so he wasn't that busy, he was reliable when called upon though. I'm still pissed off at him though for that chances he missed, not because he didnt score but because Zagoraki was square on his last game for his country and Taki went for glory... ela re!

Karagounis 5: Played like he was injured.

Giannkopoulos 7: Was every where and showed great movement and energy, yet he still seemed rusty.

Katsouranis 6: Worked hard and scored a wonderful which seems to have been fluked, but hey, who's complaining.

Basinas 8: Was very good again. At times when some were panicking Basina would simply play a short pass and control the tempo, he is a wonderful player and a great calming influence on our team and he showed it again in a hostile atmosphere.

Charisteas 4: Was average in the first half and terrible in the second when he moved to right-wing. He failed to track one run and he left our right-side exposed. He has to be dropped.

Samaras 7: Before the final 10 minutes he did nothing apart from miss an open goal! But he took his goal well and got an assist. If I was manager he would not be in my team ahead of Amanatidis and Salpi, he just isn't doing wnough at the moment.

SUBS:

Patsa 8: He coped excellently with the exposure Charistea left him and he scored a fantastic goal! I loved his reaction after he scored... THE BOY IS BACK!!! His fitness will build up by March too so he's like a new signing!

Amanatidis 6: Was only on for few mins.

Zagorakis 6: Wasnt that influential and seemed a bit nervous, but he did cover some holes and if Samara had played a better pass and if Fyssas wasn't so greedy he could have had 2 goals tonight. He's an absolute legend. WE LOVE YOU THEORI! :gr:

Cop that you muslim serbs. turkish flags were brought out and turkiye was chanted

are there any pictures of this crowed on the net, Do we do that to visiting teams as well (i mean is this normal in european football). My cousin (in athens) said that the albainian game we lost 2 1 had many turk flags and cypriot ones with the crescent in the middle. For the turkey game will kairaskaki be drowned with EOKA flags and banners about the many genocides turkiye has comitted and s%$#! like that.

4-0 is 4-0, great win. Lest hope that after a break we can regroup the team and leave out some players (charasteas for one, possibly dellas as well). Lets hope we do well in the 9 remaining games and take 1st spot and win Euro08,

gai na mathainei olo ton kosmo oti eimaste oi kaliteroi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gr: :gr:

Personally I can't believe some of the negativity in these posts, do us all a favour a stop the whinging! Moldova are a decent side at home, they have good movement and can create an upset as Italy know. We went there, controlled the game and won 1-0.

Then came Norway. The conditions were horrendous and for those who are saying we only managed to win because they couldn't pass on the that pitch prove they know nothing about football. Norway are used to playing in those conditions, they are known as a long-ball ball side, and yet we beat them at their own game! We beat them in the air and when we got the ball down we outpassed them. So what if we sat back in the 2nd half? When Italy sit back and hold on its ok because its Italy??? We scored, shut the game down and won with barely any support there and shitty pitch conditions! Otto made brave moves and it paid off!

Then came Bosnia away, a VERY tough fixture! Hostile atmosphere against a side known for their ability to move the ball quickly. And what happened? We scored on 9 mins (when we could have been 3 up already) then we played a controlled game. We always looked like we could get a goal, Patsa's Lob, Samaras' open goal that he missed, etc. Tell me how many big chances they had? It was a professional display and we have maximum points! I thought Otto made a huge mistake by not taking off Haristea who was leaving Patsa exposed an unbelievable amount in the 2nd, but still they made no reall clear cut chance. If we sit back and strangle the life out of a game JUST like we did then BRAVO! That's what we want! Would you have a preferred an open game leading to them scoring on a counter?

Samaras

also for those that say that they saw turkish flags at the stadium, can i ask where? all i saw was the bosnian flags and a huge banner saying barbarez tell us what is going on with the federation. Before the game it was said that all political banners and flags could not be brought into the stadium, there were even some greek fans behind the goal and no one touched them so i hope we get the same curtasy in greece, the fanaticos are comming for sure in large numbers........

also for those that say that they saw turkish flags at the stadium, can i ask where? all i saw was the bosnian flags and a huge banner saying barbarez tell us what is going on with the federation. Before the game it was said that all political banners and flags could not be brought into the stadium, there were even some greek fans behind the goal and no one touched them so i hope we get the same curtasy in greece, the fanaticos are comming for sure in large numbers........

I would be very surprised if there are any sorts of incidents towards any Bosnian fans in the return leg. Greeks generally are decent towards guests.

The fans at national team matches are generally very different than at domestic matches. Greeks are largely apathetic towards our NT, and this is while we are still reigning Euro champions.

I want to know if the turkish fans will be coming to greece, to watch thier national team play, i remember last time none of them came. :D

we didnt go either.

We were banned from going. We've been before though, they never come. Anyway, who cares if they don't come? Kalitera! Less support for their team. All that matters is that our fans are rocking the stadium so we can inject the necessary adrenalin into the players during the tough moments on the field. We HAVE to win and I believe we will! :gr: :gr: :gr:

I want to know if the turkish fans will be coming to greece, to watch thier national team play, i remember last time none of them came. :D

I remeber being at that game and watching the ref make a bad call on what should have been a Stelios goal and a WIN!

We were banned from going. We've been before though, they never come. Anyway, who cares if they don't come? Kalitera! Less support for their team. All that matters is that our fans are rocking the stadium so we can inject the necessary adrenalin into the players during the tough moments on the field. We HAVE to win and I believe we will! :gr: :gr: :gr:

Who banned us for what?

Both Greek and Turkish FA both agreed there would be no exchange of fans for security purposes.

thanks for the link.

i love the road to euro 2008 clip..

u think we will make it?

i honestly think norway still in with a good chance.. i mean look at their players..

they can shave off a couple of points from us in norway.

in 2 games vs turkey i will be more than happy with a win at home... away i hope for a draw but very difficult..

the 2 games norway vs turkey will be very handy for us.. especially if atleast one of them is a draw

I remeber being at that game and watching the ref make a bad call on what should have been a Stelios goal and a WIN!

It was Haristea that scored, Stelio was deemed to have fouled Rustu but he didn't touch him. Don't worry we'll make up for the injustice this time around.

From what I remember that a**hole of a ref Frisk blew two penalty calls, particularly the one in the 93rd minute was a clear penalty, but that pussy didn't have the balls to call it.

Anyway he deserved what he got during the Roma CL game (a nice cracked head)!!! :box:

I think Greece will come out the victor 2-0!!! Me tsabouka tha to paroume!!! :gr: :gr: :gr:

That's not right, it was Giannakopoulos who scored while Charisteas was the one who "fouled" Rustu.

Nah dude trust me, I still have nightmares about the game! :( I can't believe it didnt count... I remember going absolutely balistic then about 5 mins later I finally sat down and looked at the scoreboard and couldnt believe it was 0-0, thats how I realised it didnt count. AND we should've had a pen in the last mins. Anyway, it was Charisteas who scored, he headed it in and Stelio was dubbed to have obstructed Rustu even though he was no where near him.

Here's a link talking of the highlights:

http://sports.phantis.com/soccer/ntl/game.html?id=229

I understand your feeling. Same goes to all Greek fans. It was daylight robbery for our European Champions on that day. We'll take it to them (Turkey) like they never knew what hit them. :LOL: :LOL:

:gr: :nw: :gr: :nw: :gr: :nw: :gr:

I hope you're right re file because I'll be contemplating suicide if lose to them! :(

Archived