Phantis Forums

EURO 2008: Bosnia-Hercegovina - Greece

Ziaka

Zagorakis is starting with injury to Goumas

Looks like Zagorakis is starting with the injury to Goumas

Here's the link and the paragraph.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/EURO/news...sId=465648.html

Defender Ioannis Goumas has not joined Greece on their trip to Zenica for the Group C qualifier against Bosnia-Herzegovina after picking up a groin injury. Coach Otto Rehhagel is expected to field 34-year-old Theodoros Zagorakis in the starting lineup as the captain makes his 119th and final appearance for his country. "I thank God I was able to have an international career and experience such important moments with the Greece squad," said Zagorakis.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Zagorakis is starting with the injury to Goumas

Here's the link and the paragraph.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/EURO/news...sId=465648.html

Defender Ioannis Goumas has not joined Greece on their trip to Zenica for the Group C qualifier against Bosnia-Herzegovina after picking up a groin injury. Coach Otto Rehhagel is expected to field 34-year-old Theodoros Zagorakis in the starting lineup as the captain makes his 119th and final appearance for his country. "I thank God I was able to have an international career and experience such important moments with the Greece squad," said Zagorakis.

These projected lineups are just speculative - 3 mistakes on the UEFA guess vs Norway

I dont like smart ass turks puting our team down, especially when they come onto our forum, ;) and like i said before and i will say it again Euro 2004 was not a fluke, unless you soussougreek are one of those critics <_<

yes and about 100-200 greek UN soldiers where attending the game!

under very heavy rain!

i remember atleast 8-10 100% chances to bosnia!

but we also had some big chances waisted!

The NT, the soldiers and me.

I was temporarily posted in Sarejvo at the time (with the United Nations) and in fact arrived on the same day as the National Team. It was snowing that late afternoon and when I got to the airport, I kept hearing Greek only to find out that the NT was playing. What a joyful coincidence!!!!!

Rodoj

turkey is not as good as what every turk out there wants the whole world to believe, in the basketball greece made mince meat out of the turkish bascketball team, we played with passion and heart, hell we came 2nd in the world for a country of only 10.5 million, believe me the same can happen in soccer, when the whole world doughts us like they did in the euro 2004, like they did in the bascketball in euro 2005, and especially in the game against the US team, at the world championships we come out like true GREEKS, and shut the critics up thease are not fluke wins because they are happening too often now ;), thease victories turkey can only dream of achieving :box:

comon man ....

I never saw Greece in any WC playing at least a quarter final match or making only one goal ???!!....

Turkey is under the best 8 in basketball .

They get 2nd in Euro 2001. They play every time in a high level sure

there are games where they play bad.

At the moment the Turkish NT football team is very young and they have starting problems. But if they grow up to a team in the next month then you will see another big turkish team playing at least semi finals in EC2008 and WC2010.

Isn't Greece suppose to host a friendly vs. Brazil on Feburary to honor Zagorakis?

:off:

I read somehere that Greece will host Portugal in Salonica in order to honour Zag the Testo......

The friendly against Brazil was just a wish by EPO. I don't think anythink came out of this yet. I also heard that EPO was talking to Germany if the Brazil game did not materialize.

I have not heard anything about a friendly aginst Portugal in Thessaloniki, but sounds like a good idea. If that happens, I am sure Theo would want that game to take place at Toumba.

Here is the starting lineup as was announced on Radio Metropolis:

Nikopolidis, Seitaridis, Anatolakis, Kyrgiakos, Fyssas, Katsouranis, Basinas, karagounis, Giannakopoulos, Samaras, Charisteas

On the bench : Zagorakis, Lyberopoulos, Chalkias, Amanatidis, Gekas, Patsatzoglou, Vyndra

Out of the squad: Salpiggidis, Kafes

I am off to the local bar for a long lunch.

Axristeas scored!!??! :P

bravo re!

although BASINAS or even Karagkounis/Stelios should be taking penalties....not Charisteas. But he scored so no complaints there i guess....i hope we can get another and just frustrate them...

how was the penalty? what happened on the play?

Archived