Phantis Forums

EURO 2008: Bosnia-Hercegovina - Greece

Ziaka

turkey are a good team but the last time we played at home we outplayed turkey, even in the away game we were unlucky not to score the away goal remember when giannocopoulos hit the cross bar in the last minutes of that game ;) and we were missing Delas and Zagorakis for that game and that's when both of them were in form the greek team should not fear turkey. Norway are the real threat in this group and believe me turkey will drop points to norway wheather it be at home or away ;) . The game i am fearing is playing Norway at home now thats going to be the real test with Carew back in the squad. ;)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

athens is the same as belgrade, sarajevo time i think ? remember greece isnt that far from bosnia. As far as the perspective goes from the bosnian media they say that greece will be welcomed and respected as the euro champs, so all those people on this forum who think we hate all greeks because of their religion will probably have a different opinion after the match, anyway good luck in zenica should be a cracker......

I expect a hot atmosphere but fair, just like 1997. We won 1-0 (Fratzeskos free-kick) in Serajevo but should have lost 4,5-1. Baljic and Boljic were tormenting our defence all evening but we got away with an undeserved 3-points maily because Bosnia couldnt finish what they created. I've never seen a team batter Greece the way Bosnia did in the 2nd half.

I expect a hot atmosphere but fair, just like 1997. We won 1-0 (Fratzeskos free-kick) in Serajevo but should have lost 4,5-1. Baljic and Boljic were tormenting our defence all evening but we got away with an undeserved 3-points maily because Bosnia couldnt finish what they created. I've never seen a team batter Greece the way Bosnia did in the 2nd half.

yes and about 100-200 greek UN soldiers where attending the game!

under very heavy rain!

i remember atleast 8-10 100% chances to bosnia!

but we also had some big chances waisted!

Hello my greek friends

I watched on TRT1 (Turkish state channel) Greece-Norway after the Turkey match and I saw a very good game of the greek team (Thanks of the rain I could watch the game from the beginning so it was a real football night for me and my friends)

. Turkey played very bad but they beated the Hungarians. But in our group all teams can loose.... For our team it is a question of time cause we have a lot of injuries and players who are not fit I hope till March 2007 things will change.....

The greek team showed that they are European Champs and if Greece plays like on Saturday I am scared they will also beat us in March 2007 ... :unsure:

But Turkey can loose against the European champion this is no shame. Greece showed Turkish team how Norway can be beaten . Congratulations.

:tup:

yes, fairly disappointing. i haven't seen his name in the line-ups..we can't tell pao how to manage their club. if anything, i think darlas should get a run, and have the 'international' vyntra, sit awhile on the bench.

from what i remember of darlas, he has a better physical presence as a left fullback than fyssas. strong player...let's hope he refines his skills.

Vyntra plays right-back and Darlas left-back.

Darlas have to prove he is better than Seric. So far Seric and Ivanschitz have shown they have a better understanding than Ivan- Darlas.

just a few questions with our strikers,

when was the last time charasteas scored for the ethniki? was it against portugal in the euro04 final or kazakstan (when we won 3-1). I am a recent convert to the beautiful game, i was one of the many to convert during the euro04 comp. I honestly cant remember charasteas scoring after that tournament aye. I think he'll score against bosnia, i mean statistically he'll have to eventually score whether it be for his club(which i forgot i think its feyonoord, but i dont give a s%$#! about the dutch league) or the ethniki.

samaras; i like this guy i think he shud have a spot in the starting 11 for the next few games.

Lyberopoulos; I have never seen this guy play but it seems that he carves up off the bench as a supersub i base that on the goals against moldova, kazakstan and i think hungry(in a friendly)

stelios is the man he shud always be on the team if fit to play.

i would like some one to answer the q i had about charasteas though

cheers, 2-0 win :gr:

Hey fans,

It was a hard fought game, congrats to our NT. The team is beginning to jell, and

yet far from finding an optimal formation. Once an optimal formation is found, results will follow. I wasn't of the fans that bashed Otto to no end. A good coach always finds solutions as long as the climate in the team remains good. Once again, congrats to Otto and the boys.

With respect to the Bosnia game,

had the team had enough time to restore their strength, both physically as well as mentally. We should expect a hot atmosphere bordering on hostile. We must mentally prepare for that. We should respect every team but not fear anyone.

As we gain more confidence, out team will be more and more respected...and even feared which is good for us mentally. With that state of mind, the next result should be positive.

Good luck to our NT!!

:box:

Ellada panta ellada

Regards,

Apollo

:gr:

greece has not scored over 2 goals in a game in ages... (last time was vs georgia 3-1) we usually score one per game..

i think 4 - 1 greece or similar..

Yeah right, ever since he got married, that's were his football carrer took a wrong turn. For God sakes he must be spending too much time f***ing his wife. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

maybe the greek foootball federation should order his wife to stop sleeping with him untill he scores some damn goals. Maybe that would make him create chances and hustle for posetion

After the away win of Turkey in Hungary... we have to win this game.

If we play like in the first halft like against Norway, we can do it.

I saw the game Bosnia - Hungary, which ended 1 - 3 I think......, and I saw a good Bosnian Team by football capacities... but without any realism.

If our team has the patience and the discipline for the whole game..., we will win , despite an unspectacular performance....

With 3 games and 9 points... we can go for the draw to Bosporus...

well i agree mate but i think that if we play like we did we will have no trouble putting bosnia away, but i beg to differ with aiming to draw against the turks we should always aim to win the qualifiers. Plus a win against turkey would say a lot to the world, 8a ma8ainei olo ton kosmo oti imaste oi kaliteroi :gr:

turkey is not as good as what every turk out there wants the whole world to believe, in the basketball greece made mince meat out of the turkish bascketball team, we played with passion and heart, hell we came 2nd in the world for a country of only 10.5 million, believe me the same can happen in soccer, when the whole world doughts us like they did in the euro 2004, like they did in the bascketball in euro 2005, and especially in the game against the US team, at the world championships we come out like true GREEKS, and shut the critics up thease are not fluke wins because they are happening too often now ;), thease victories turkey can only dream of achieving :box:

Aekgate21:

what does basketball have to do with football???? besides as you probably dont know many of the turkish basketball stars didnt play in the world championship.

turkey has a very good national team in football and excellent players. last qualifying they finished in front of us... so no need to start boasting!!!

our football ethniki and their coach actually gave all the critics many arguments with the world cup qualifying campaign...

Archived