Phantis Forums

EUROBASKET U-20

Our young lads put on a superb performance on the opening day of the tournament by trashing Germans: 83-45!!

Milwaukee Buck Ersan Ilyasova scored 22 points and had 5 rebs. Future Atlanta Hawk Cenk Akyol poured in 20 points and it was a team effort for the rest as all players scored at least 3 points..

Wait for us Russia & France!!! ;)

Our young lads put on a superb performance on the opening day of the tournament by trashing Germans: 83-45!!

Milwaukee Buck Ersan Ilyasova scored 22 points and had 5 rebs. Future Atlanta Hawk Cenk Akyol poured in 20 points and it was a team effort for the rest as all players scored at least 3 points..

Wait for us Russia & France!!! ;)

wrong place to post it!

here please for example!

http://clubs.phantis.com/sports/index.php?...p?showforum=112

the guys have totally outplayed so-called tournament favourites France.. 28 - 10 is the 1st quarter score with Oguz Savas' 8 points and 3 rebounds.. I was pissed of with the constant racist jokes of famous Turkish comentator Murat Murathanoglu.. :huh:

66-60 win over France which was quite comfortable.. We never let them closer than 8 points.. (it was 66-57 when a French guard was left wide open with a second to go).. GREAT JOB GUYS!! :nw:

TURKIYE!!! TURKIYE!!! :tup:

I know this a Turkish forum - but I will continue to post here about the Greeks - I am concerned by the fact that our best players are born in Serbia - what is up with this?

mate, get used to it! Ersan Ilyasova of Turkey was born in Georgia (but has Turkish ancestors), half of the French team was born in Senegal or Guadoloupe..

and hey, don't be feel so ousted to post in a Turkish forum.. we do NOT hate anyone here.. your opinion will be nice to hear anywas.. ;)

by the way, we have lost to Russia tonite 60-63 but I think it was better cause we would have played with Lithuania and Serbia then.. two teams we can't beat for life.. :o

we have a better chance aganst Greece, Italy and Hrvatska!! ;)

Thanks

I see that we will be playing one another on the 20th.

Amzingly only the Serbs are 3-0 in the first round- and we were both lucky to not have them inour quarterfinal group.

Are all the first round results thrown away now ?

I see only the top 2 from each group move on.

Good luck

from what I have seen so far, Italy are quite crap.. I think we will beat them.. Turkey-Greece is always a high-tension pairing but this time with all the quality and the home advantage, we are the favourites.. Greece has not somewhat convinced me in their first round.. When Sakota is quiet, noone seems to take up the task offensively.. and from what I have seen, Milosevic is quite overrated. he's not the player that was advertised, so far at least..

hard to make any comments about Croatia because they came from a relatively easy group including just two quality teams..

I think it will be between Turkey, Croatia and Greece, possibly ending in this order! we'll wait to see what happens shortly... ;)

neco, do you have any Croatian origin I dont know? ;)

well.. If there is to be a tag, we are the San Antonio of this U-20 EUROBASKET.. insurmountable defence, so-so offence, a star frontcourt player --Oguz Savas, who is by far the best centre of his generation-- , huge squad rotation and free throw woes...

we're leading it 71-48 against Italy with 1:50 remaining and we supra-dominated them in rebounds, it was 43-16 at the end of third quarter and our offensive rebounds were higher than their overall rebounds.. GREAT JOB, GUYS!!

naughty Croats, wait for us!! ;)

91 - 72.. a very comfortable win against Croatia which has by far the most naughty players of this tournament.. they think they're ripe enough but they are not I'm afraid..

so as a Portuguese fan wrote during the World Cup...

NEXT!!! :nw:

We're fielding our second string team as our starter PG Hakan Demirel and starter SF Cenk Akyol are rested.. Back-up players like Berent Kavaklioglu, Onat Akis and Emre Bayav will get their chances..

We're tied with Slovenia in the semis, by the way...

It will be Turkey-Slovenia and Serbia-Italy...

.. and a Japanese ref in EUROBASKET... :huh: oh! what else shall we see!! :whistle:

Back-up players like Berent Kavaklioglu, Onat Akis and Emre Bayav will get their chances..

well, they got their chance and were hugely disappointing from the free-throw line.. we've had something like 7 out of 18 free throws in the first half..

if we enter the last period with a gap of +10 points, the Greek players may apply a "Hack-a-Turk"tactic, who knows!! :LOL:

all of our players seem to have a big loss of concentration as all of them have performed way below par in the first half..

who cares anyway.. perhaps it would have a positive effect on our team, just like the Russia game at the end of first phase..

we've lost 78-80.. good job by the guys especially in the second half.. we got the final ball to win it in a game we were down 16 with 12 mins to go.. we blew the last chance anyway but it was showed by our back-up lads that they can play good when concentrated...

no need to get deflated as off-guard Serhat Cetin said after the game... I have seen no games of Slovenia in this tournament, so an anxious await is in the corner.. ;)

YAKIŞIR SANA YAKIŞIR SANA..

ŞAMPIYONLUK YAKIŞIR SANA..

TARAFTARINLA BUYUK ŞANINLA,

ŞAMPIYONLUK YAKIŞIR SANA...

:nw: :nw: :tup: :nw: :nw:

:gr: Greek Ntossan Sakota had 31 and we beat the Lithuanians by 10

Dushan Sakota is not Greek, he is a proud Serb grown up mostly in Greece. He is the son of the coach Sakota...

I heard somewhere Dushan was considering playing his senior ball for Serbia. Living in Athens i would think it easier to play/practice for the Greek youth than Serbia....

yeah 2 top scorers are serbs....pretty lame. Nothing against them, but they should be playing for serbia. they will likely change when they get to senior level.

mate, don't mean to offend you but your team, or at least this generation of players are quite hopeless w/o these two Serb-based players..

and doesn't Sakota play for PAO?? ;)

Dushan Sakota is not Greek, he is a proud Serb grown up mostly in Greece. He is the son of the coach Sakota...

I heard somewhere Dushan was considering playing his senior ball for Serbia. Living in Athens i would think it easier to play/practice for the Greek youth than Serbia....

Good- the serb should play for Serbia

About this tourney - it looks like the Turks are on their way to have a run in with the Serbs in the finals

The u18 in Greece is alos going on - The Greeks and Turks are in the 8

I was on vacation last week so I didn't post anything but I was really disappointed with our guys in the final..

We beat (!) Slovenia 96 - 62 in the Semi whilst the lucky Serbs ousted the surprise package of the tournament Italy on two OTs!!

I was expecting a clean sweep nomater the Serbs didnot lose a game because our guys won all the games they had to and lost two which our reserve players got 30 mins per game!!

I will remember this tournament with the tears of Cenk Akyol, in the final few secs of the final!!

BRAVO AGAIN GUYS!!! DID YOUR PRETTY BEST!!! :nw: :nw:

Archived